Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Petrol station owners should not serve customers who act the maggot in this way, they have cameras and can see what is going on. Neither these blockers nor the queue jumping type who reverse in from the exit. Too often the staff in station just ignore this kind of thing. Apart from anything else they will sell more fuel if people can get in and out in an orderly way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

ardmacha wrote: »
    Petrol station owners should not serve customers who act the maggot in this way, they have cameras and can see what is going on. Neither these blockers nor the queue jumping type who reverse in from the exit. Too often the staff in station just ignore this kind of thing. Apart from anything else they will sell more fuel if people can get in and out in an orderly way.

Staff are not paid enough to get into arguments over that.

Staff are not paid enough to get into arguments over that.

They should not be paid at all if they are not looking out for the legitimate customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

It's pretty obvious the car is stationary in traffic.
    It's 'obvious' is is? It might not be moving at 2-5 mph? How can you tell from a still picture?
    Berty wrote: »
    Handbrake was engaged because that Micra was considering reversing into the space but then changed it mind and decided the multistory right next to it would do just as well.

Usually I would just give the GF the camera.
    Good stuff, thanks for clearing that up. :) It would have been ironic had you been giving out about someone else's driving while trying to manipulate a camera and steering wheel so you could get a shot of it :D
    They should not be paid at all if they are not looking out for the legitimate customers.
    Well if that woman was buying something in the garage, she's a 'legitimate customer' and while in the ideal world she'd be told to go back and park properly, as has been said already, a lot of the time so long as other customers just mutter under their breath and shake their heads rather than cause a fuss themselves about it, they aren't going to bother as it makes their lives easier.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    a lot of the time so long as other customers just mutter under their breath and shake their heads rather than cause a fuss themselves about it, they aren't going to bother as it makes their lives easier.

How very OIrish of them. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Lots of hissing context quoting here.

I would have parked correctly should I have been given the opportunity. Given that the parent and child spaces are only a guideline by all rights I could have parked there but i cant bring myself to bend the rules that much.

I wasnt just planted with the white line down the centre of my car either.

I was actually parked within the normal distance of the other SUV on my other side leaving a mini gap between my car and the badly parked SUV. It meant the space was unobtainable unless you were driving a moped.

But you could argue that despite the fact that there wasnt an opportunity for you to park properly, you went ahead and parked, improperly.

How do you reckon it looks when the SUV has moved on and other cars arrive to see you in multiple places? You are just continuing the problem. If I cant park between the white lines I park somewhere else, otherwise you are turning 1 mistake into 2 or more and perpetuating the problem.

GreeBo wrote: »
    But you could argue that despite the fact that there wasnt an opportunity for you to park properly, you went ahead and parked, improperly.

How do you reckon it looks when the SUV has moved on and other cars arrive to see you in multiple places? You are just continuing the problem. If I cant park between the white lines I park somewhere else, otherwise you are turning 1 mistake into 2 or more and perpetuating the problem.

Ah ha but I was in the car with my parking lights on and the engine running awaiting a chance to reposition the car in the correct space.

There is a BIG difference than just abondoning the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Ah ha but I was in the car with my parking lights on and the engine running awaiting a chance to reposition the car in the correct space.

There is a BIG difference than just abondoning the car.

In that case +1 for you.

But -1 for leaving your engine running and killing the planet! :pac:

GreeBo wrote: »
    In that case +1 for you.

But -1 for leaving your engine running and killing the planet! :pac:

+0.5 for using a diesel and LED lights to make it a little easier on the environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

To OP - you should have parked behind her. Ignorant people never learn unless they are also inconvenienced.

We have private parking at work on spare lot. In theory people can be clamped for parking in our space but office manager never calls the clampers. The only way to discourage people parking in the space is to park behind them so they can't get out. If they come looking to get out I will be busy for a couple of hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

Hello all,

I was being my grandmothers good samaratin today. I took her shopping to the crescent shopping centre in Limerick. Ha, that my good deed done for this year GOD :D

Anyway, she is in a wheelchair so had her disc handy so we parked in the disabled spaces at the new entrance when I saw this "numpty" park her car. See the picture before I comment more.

The polo is parked on the wheelchair ramp, the only wheelchair ramp to get from the set parking to the door. I asked her what she was thinking parking there without any consideration for others.

She said that her husband and herself were old and should not have to walk from the car park over.(not disabled) If anybody knows this car park it is at most an extra 100mtrs from the door and considering the end of the disabled spaces it was probably the same distance anyway. :confused:

I asked her could she move. She looked at me oddly and asked why. I said that I had to get my grandmother in her wheelchair to the front door and this was the only access short of walking on the road and onto the speed bump to access the front door. She said she would gladly help me lift the wheelchair up the kerb.

You can see from the picture she is actually in the car moving it. I told her even if she had a disabled sticker she could not park here anyway because they were all full and that there is never any excuse for parking on a footpath and blocked the only wheelchair ramp.

She said "I will write to my councillor for a disabled sticker". I asked her how without a disability she thought she would manage that. "Well, were old we deserve more rights".

AAAHHHHHH I felt like grabbing her free medical card and slashing her throat with it.

*****Ah, lets off some steam***** :cool:

Why didn't you just bite your tongue? You should not be annoying old people simple as. I actually felt sorry for that old woman in the car and the nerve of you to publish her reg:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jim o doom wrote: »
    haha I drive a motorbike so I am not as unfortunate as all you poor people having to deal with the retards that park like muppetry was going out of fashion - but I see ignorant douches parking so ignorantly and badly I feel like starting a "crime squad" and towing all their stupid cars and dumping them in the bay. A childish fantasy but god how I would love to carry it out :)

he he he thats the best thing about bikes. park em anywhere. Anytime I see someone parked witht he white line down the middle of their car, I park me bike on the drivers side of the car in the tiny little space they left, Fook it the bike fits in no problem and if they give outt o me Ill just point out that the w@anker or w@ankeress is taking up two spaces.

Cpaw wrote: »
    Why didn't you just bite your tongue? You should not be annoying old people simple as. I actually felt sorry for that old woman in the car and the nerve of you to publish her reg:eek:

Publish her reg, this is hardly a penguin collection is it now? :confused:

You should have felt sorry for my grandmother who was in a wheelchair but could not use the wheelchair ramp. :mad:

Why should I bite my tongue? Is it because thats the Irish way and what everybody else does?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

You should have felt sorry for my grandmother who was in a wheelchair but could not use the wheelchair ramp. :mad:

Why should I bite my tongue? Is it because thats the Irish way and what everybody else does?

Its OK Berty; check Cpaw's location and all becomes clear...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

sweet diatribing jeebus.

So, if I go into a shop, browsing, and buy nothing, that the staff should somehow not receive any payment for staffing the shop? What kind of moronic statement you've made. Never worked in retail, either, obviously.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

cjt156 wrote: »
    Its OK Berty; check Cpaw's location and all becomes clear...

Just check every post he's made and it become's clear. Don't know how he's still on here, but there's always one:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

McSpud wrote: »
    The only way to discourage people parking in the space is to park behind them so they can't get out. If they come looking to get out I will be busy for a couple of hours.
    :D:D:D

Just check every post he's made and it become's clear. Don't know how he's still on here, but there's always one:rolleyes:.

I like Taytos, do you??:pac:

So, if I go into a shop, browsing, and buy nothing, that the staff should somehow not receive any payment for staffing the shop? What kind of moronic statement you've made.

You must have worked in retail as you call customers moronic for suggesting that they should be served properly, little wonder that Irish retail has the reputation it has.
    I didn't say anything whatsoever about people browsing in the shop. If I was queuing in the shop I would expect the staff to serve the queue, not someone who just skips the queue. Likewise I expect them to serve people who are using the forecourt in an orderly way in preference to people who are parking in no parking areas, driving in by the exit and the like. Quite apart from good customer service there are health and safety implications to some forms of queue jumping, blocking entrances etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

They're a troll. They've already been banned from fitness today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

You must have worked in retail as you call customers moronic for suggesting that they should be served properly, little wonder that Irish retail has the reputation it has.
    I didn't say anything whatsoever about people browsing in the shop. If I was queuing in the shop I would expect the staff to serve the queue, not someone who just skips the queue. Likewise I expect them to serve people who are using the forecourt in an orderly way in preference to people who are parking in no parking areas, driving in by the exit and the like. Quite apart from good customer service there are health and safety implications to some forms of queue jumping, blocking entrances etc.

Oh, you are so right. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I can't serve you, as you drove in through the 'Exit only'. :confused:

Sorry, I can't serve you as you were driving with your fog lights on, and that is against the law. :confused:

Do you think that the staff in these shops look forward to being abused by some 'boy racer', or 40 something mammy in a 4X4 who can't drive properly.

I hope you have never driven over the speed limit, or else you might be refused service next time you go to a shop. After all, driving faster than the speed limit is a health and safety risk.

Have you ever worked in a shop, and refused to serve a customer because they drove/parked badly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I think you should calm down. You seem to be getting carried away with this. I just have some points to make
    1. In retail your focus is on who your serving, not who is parking where, the person would be in the shop before you know what's going on.
    2. The cameras are there for a recording if somebody steals something not to stare at.
    3. Don't you know the managers are too busy counting money to care.

Back to the bad parking, I did once see someone take up THREE parking spaces. Instead of being virtical he was horizontal. I have also seen someone stopping on a busy street and getting out to go into a shop, they didn't pull in they just stopped, the road was too busy and small for the cars behind to get by, so they just had to sit there.

I saw a jeep and trailer outside Harvey Norman yesterday taking up 9 spaces 3 of which were disabled.

I had NO digital camera with me. I was so mad I could not show you this.

F*cking gypos!!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

I posted this picture somewhere on boards before but i reckon its one of the worst parking job i have ever seen. I checked the windscreen for a disabled sticker but there wasnt one

Here's one I couldn't believe. I'd say the driver had difficulty getting in after I tucked in next to it.

Space is at a premium in that little gem of a car park. Centre of campus and free:pac::pac:

Wasn't gonna let bad parking stop me getting a space:P

Bloody astra crossing the white line:rolleyes:

Bloody astra crossing the white line:rolleyes:

Pssstt. Its not even his. I saw his mother driving it(or older girlfriend) last night with him in the passenger seat. LOL :D

Anyway I was too hungover today to stop and take a photo of it but its there every single day.

Its the new Hyundai **** box from our friends on the Tipperary road in Limerick.

Its parked on the traffic island blocking a footpath/wheelchair/blind person pebbledy type thing.

Pssstt. Its not even his. I saw his mother driving it(or older girlfriend) last night with him in the passenger seat. LOL :D

ROLF:D

• Advertisement

ninty9er wrote: »

Space is at a premium in that little gem of a car park. Centre of campus and free:pac::pac:

Is that not the visitors car park?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement