Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

ootbitb wrote: »
    noticed posters leaving the plate numbers visible now. Is this allowed.

It is visual proof so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Absurdum wrote: »
    Loads of free spaces within an 8 second walk as usual, but too far for this one :rolleyes:

181378.jpg

On the subject of hiding reg plates, I hid the innnocent bystander here out of politeness, the guilty party can go and ****e :P

That vehicle owner is a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

I've a blog on this topic but cannot link it here cause it has a bad word in the title. Anywho, I've a few good ones to share:

This guy is parked on the road beside a parking space in the Crescent Shopping Centre Limerick:

6346526577_2bb23f3c31.jpg

One of the same car park on the same day, looking in the opposite direction a few minutes after the first pic was taken:

6346527035_d783a8cb85.jpg

Another one from Harvey's Quay Shopping Centre in Limerick, takes up the same spaces every day:

6346525169_ab2bbddd6c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Where's the issue in the second picture? What am I missing?

OT (a bit) there seems to be a huge bias in the Limerick direction on this thread. Take out Tesco Maynooth, Rathfarnham SC and Limerick and we'd only have a couple of pages. Is this just down to having more regular, snap happy posters from Limerick or is it really that much worse than everywhere else?

milltown wrote: »

OT (a bit) there seems to be a huge bias in the Limerick direction on this thread. Take out Tesco Maynooth, Rathfarnham SC and Limerick and we'd only have a couple of pages. Is this just down to having more regular, snap happy posters from Limerick or is it really that much worse than everywhere else?

The second picture is to highlight the amount of spaces the muppet in the first picture ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I honestly believe it is worse down here.
    People drive at you when you're in the roundabout, hoping to bully you into stopping and letting them out, people using the wrong lane to boot it past everyone, abandoning cars everywhere, the general style and attitude of driving is pushy, ignorant and just downright rude.
    Pedestrians have adapted with using prams as battering rams, stick them into the path on an oncoming 40 ton truck and just walk out without looking, waiting till the light for cars goes green and then very slowly sauntering across the road with a big grin on their faces, etc...
    In short, if you're nice and patient in Limerick, you definitely come last.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I think it is basically down to the fact a number of the regular contributors are from those areas. I am one of them and I am the person who opened this thread a few years ago.

I don't think the problem is confined to Limerick. I am in Sligo right now and it's a friggin joke but everybody up here looks like they would smack you so I am not going to take a picture of them in the Wine Street Car Park. :pac::pac:

I cover, as a Sales Rep, about 11 Counties or so and I see some insane driving and parking. Most of it is Laziness, much of it is arrogance and lots of it are down to Middle aged people.

Incidentally this is Wesport, Co Mayo. This is a Junction and they are parked "atin" rolls. Another aul one arrived seconds later to take up position behind the Jeep.

4d20f0dc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I honestly believe it is worse down here.
    People drive at you when you're in the roundabout, hoping to bully you into stopping and letting them out, people using the wrong lane to boot it past everyone, abandoning cars everywhere, the general style and attitude of driving is pushy, ignorant and just downright rude.
    They don't appear to ever clamp, tow or ticket in Limerick, so all the double yellows entrances/exits fill up before the "pay" parking.

There is ZERO understanding of blue badges and disabled parking - I was absolutely disgusted at the parking at Superquinn in Limerick - a whole row the spaces taken up, not a blue badge in sight. One particular ignoramus parked diagonally across two spaces. No camera unfortunately.

If there was a prize for the photo of "obnoxious parker of the week" Limerick would win everyweek!

langdang

No Clampers & Two Traffic Wardens makes it for funny parking.

On that, does anybody know what is behind the small blue door in the centre that the Van and the car are blocking? (Answer is not The Civil Defence in this instance)

6acd1d72.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Beer Baron wrote: »
    langdang

On that, does anybody know what is behind the small blue door in the centre that the Van and the car are blocking? (Answer is not The Civil Defence in this instance)

Is that not where the two traffic wardens have an office?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Went up to Ryans shop in Raheen earlier. Car park was empty, in pulls a passat into disabled space, out of the car jumps skobe (wearing nothing but a string vest!!).

When I was leaving another skobe pulls into the disabled spot. So either they are disabled (they probably are in some way) or they just dont give two ****s about people that actually have disabilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Ah tis a fierce walk from the back carpark. These are busy people! It's all go go go for them, they just don't have the luxury of the extra few seconds it would take to walk that distance.

Is that not where the two traffic wardens have an office?

Exactly. You would think a stupid place to park but obviously not because the Traffic Warden came out and ignored the car. Yer man(driver) was in getting his hair cut. :eek:

6acd1d72.jpg?t=1321374679

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Mc Love wrote: »
    Went up to Ryans shop in Raheen earlier. Car park was empty, in pulls a passat into disabled space, out of the car jumps skobe (wearing nothing but a string vest!!).
    Did he buy some pants?

More from the same spot above, taken last night.

1431.jpg

1543.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

This was on rude tube other night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

An angry pensioner has been banned from driving after being filmed on CCTV shunting a car which was blocking access to his garage. Ronald Pemberton, 83, used his Peugeot to push a Ford Ka which had parked in front of his lock-up. The incident caused chaos as the Ka was shunted into the road outside a primary school. Two weeks later he was caught repeating the offence outside Cabot Primary School in St Paul's, Bristol, by pushing a silver Mazda into the road.

Hmm, fair play I say.. Would have done the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Those yellow zig zags are the front of a school <Halston Dr, Bristol, Avon BS2 9JE, United Kingdom> and the rush of people is from the school. Obnoxious parking, YES, (including the wagon who stops on the zig zags) BUT seriously dangerous 'driving' from the enraged derelict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

^^^^^^^^^^^^

why doesnt he just get a sign/sticker for his garage door saying 'no parking'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

^^^^^^^^^^^^

He shouldn't have to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

^^^^^^^^^^^^

You aren't meant to park in front of private accesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Cedrus wrote: »
    Those yellow zig zags are the front of a school <Halston Dr, Bristol, Avon BS2 9JE, United Kingdom> and the rush of people is from the school. Obnoxious parking, YES, (including the wagon who stops on the zig zags) BUT seriously dangerous 'driving' from the enraged derelict.

There seems to be a lot more going on there than him just shunting the other car out of the way. There is a dry spot there when the Ka parks which could mean that parking in front of the garage is a regular offence so maybe the old guy (not a 'derelict' thanks) just eventually lost it. The way a lot of people gather around quickly just heats it up a lot, so I would think there is a fair bity of history there.

I've no idea what switches peoples brains off when they are involved with dropping off or picking up kids from school, it seems anything goes no matter where it goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Victor wrote: »
    You aren't meant to park in front of private accesses.

yes but people are stupid who need things pointed out to them.

but see a few pics back - cars parked outside gates with very visible signs on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

OI, Midnight_EG. Was this you parked ALMOST obnoxiously in Naas Eurospar a few nights ago?
    Damn, you're riding very close to the right white line :)
    01.jpg

B&Q Naas : Mrs. RangeR insisted I take a photo for boards. This is as close as she dared get to
    the offending parker.
    02.jpg

B&Q Naas : The next five were all taken within one minute of each other as I walked across the
    carpark. ALL vehicles parked in disabled bays with PLENTY of spaces available and not one
    Blue Disk to share between them all. 99KK239
    03.jpg

B&Q Naas : 04LD1934
    04.jpg

B&Q Naas : 02KE11379
    05.jpg

B&Q Naas : 05KE11677 and I don't think I'll be purchasing any bouncy castles off you in the
    future
    06.jpg

B&Q Naas : 92SO2492
    07.jpg

B&Q Naas
    08.jpg

Newcastle Service Station : Left van is parked in the ONLY disabled spot 00MO2304. and the
    white van is parked on the yellow hatch, blocking the main door and passing traffic. This is a
    regular, unhindered, occurrance by the various suppliers to this establishment 07D77967.
    09.jpg

Newcastle Service Station : Half in disabled bay and half in yellow hatch. This woman driver
    looked VERY well off. Her 10 year old [approx] got out of the car, went in to buy something. I
    didn't see this little boy hindered by any form of disability nor did I see a blue disk on her dash.
    10.jpg

Newcastle Service Station : Same disabled spot [this is getting boring] 05D5806. This time the
    left most car is also parked in a yellow hatch, blocking an exit from car park.
    13.jpg

Newcastle Service Station : Literally 60 seconds after the above photo. note Yellow Hatch
    offender is still there. 99RN1534
    14.jpg

Naas Main Street : Does my arse look big in this?
    15.jpg

Naas Main Street : Does mine?
    16.jpg

RR, you are hardcore !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Over the line by just enough to take out the neighbouring space.

imag0038jy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

E39MSport wrote: »
    RR, you are hardcore !!

Can only post 15 pictures per post, sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Tallon wrote: »
    Hmm, fair play I say.. Would have done the same thing

We used to go to Cumiskys on Blackhorse avenue (Dublin :-) ) up to a couple of years ago on Saturdays after playing football (decided to add detail so the tool involved might recognise the case if he reads this). We came out to head home and where the guy that was driving ( 99 Corrolla) parked , 2 cars decided to park almost touchign his bumpers at the front and back. After about 10 min of the barman callign ou over the PA for the people to move he decided he wasnt waiting any longer and reversed the car behind (mazda 6 iirc) out blockign the road in the car park and drove off.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

What sort of moron park in front of a garage door (or any door for that matter) ? Obviously its there so someone can park their car in it.

yes but people are stupid who need things pointed out to them.

Pushing his car in to the middle of the road seems a good way to point it out to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Scealta_saol

Beer Baron wrote: »
    langdang

6acd1d72.jpg

Could possibly be the warden's own cars???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement