Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

[IMG][/img]picture.php?albumid=417&pictureid=11255

Breathtaking at first. Needless to say there wasn't a sniff of a blue badge. Then I started to wonder if he thought he was doing the disabled a favour by being thoughtful and trying to park in between their spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Not a picture of an actual parking offender, but I saw this on FB tonight.

Friend of a friend commented on it, she had parked obnoxiously, blocking in another car at Cork On Ice, and apparently, despite 10 announcements asking her to move the car she couldnt be arsed (gathered this from the comments on FB).
    She thought it was the funniest thing ever...

It shows the mentality of the type of people we're dealing with here..

Look at her comment on the pic... unbelievable.

and some other quotes below:

"just came outta cork on ice to this. oopsy daisy :-P:-P:-P"

"i actually think they picked my car up and moved it. Lmao. it was situated funny when i came out."

"ha.ha.ha. i seriously need to get my ears checked. Skitting."

"Im actually still laughing. :-D:-D:-D guess Im not somebodys favourite person today! my bad! plenty others love me :-P:-P"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Got my own back on an obnoxious parker earlier. Merc parked over 2 spaces and i managed to get in and park my car. Could see the obnoxious prick go out to his car and go in d passenger side. Delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Normally I'd just complain about idiots under my breath and drive on by to find another space, but this morning I had to collect something in Blanchardstown Centre so got there early enough, still busy and I was feeling ****ty and cold with the real flu, not the mans version you boys complain about, and went by these two tools that done my head in as I had to walk further in the starting rain.

I could have fit in and squeezed out of my car beside the Mondeo but as it was my own personal car I didn't want to risk the incompetent driving down the side of it as they exited, plus I would have left it tight for the innocent Octavia driver so I left it. But as I walked by after parking elsewhere I watched a woman in a Scenic squeeze in. She got in at some stupid angle which meant the rear of her car actually blocked the Octavia from getting out. The fact that she wasn't as skinny as she thought she was meant she couldn't actually get out of the car no matter how hard she tried and abandoned her attempt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

"Im actually still laughing. :-D:-D:-D guess Im not somebodys favourite person today! my bad! plenty others love me :-P:-P"

All I can say:

<you won't be saying that!>

(At least Jesus loves her)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

All I can say:

<you won't be saying that!>

(At least Jesus loves her)

Saw that before the <snip> ... LMAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

milltown wrote: »
    [IMG][/IMG]

Breathtaking at first. Needless to say there wasn't a sniff of a blue badge. Then I started to wonder if he thought he was doing the disabled a favour by being thoughtful and trying to park in between their spaces.

I regularly see OPs blocking or restricting access to disabled spaces by parking, very often on DYLs, immediately before or after the blue painted area. Presumably they feel fully justified in believing that they are not parked IN the actual space.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

The Clio was parked quite well until the Scenic driver got envious of his spot and just took it...... and half of his car too. :(
    310702_2677399417493_1331464387_3053454_236166983_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

MugMugs wrote: »
    The Clio was parked quite well until the Scenic driver got envious of his spot and just took it...... and half of his car too. :(
    http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i328/transiti0n/310702_2677399417493_1331464387_3053454_236166983_n.jpg

How in the name of jaysus did that happen?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Floored it in reverse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Scenic driver was coming out from beside the Octy and wel...... she just kept going.... Wouldn't mind but I had been eyeing that space a few mins before. Came back with my coffee and nearly spat it out.

MugMugs wrote: »
    Scenic driver was coming out from beside the Octy and wel...... she just kept going.... Wouldn't mind but I had been eyeing that space a few mins before. Came back with my coffee and nearly spat it out.

She must have been moving at some pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Fooking hell!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The scenic was parked beside an Octavia and used the boot as a guide when reversing out. She never knew how large them Octavia boots are!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

At least it's 2 Renaults taking each other out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Those lines are there because people used to leave their cars parked across the entrance on Friday and Saturday nights, and leave them there till the following afternoon.

I have once or twice left notes under wipers, only to see ignoramus come back and either take the note and throw in unread on the ground or just drive off without seeing it.
    Later then if they where parked arseways and I could block them in by parking legally, I did that.
    Got some nice reactions of people who couldn't understand how I could be so thoughtless and selfish.
    I stopped doing that after once finding the car I blocked in gone and a black bumper mark all along my car.
    The I switched to lifting the wipers, folding in their mirrors, detaching the wiperblades, detaching the aerial and leaving them on the roof.
    Makes a nice point without doing any damage.
    THAT got their attention, reaction ranged from shock to horror to outright hissy fit and tantrums.
    There is no sight more beautiful on earth than some ignorant bastard going purple in the face and doing a little freakout dance.
    Not that they will ever learn their lesson, these people are ignorant by basic design, it is bred into their DNA, every single fiber of their body has been soaked in ignorant from the womb.
    So I now do nothing to them, not worth the hassle, except take their picture, but only sometimes and I can't even be arsed posting them here.

Now, on another point:
    Here's a petrol station in Lahinch that has double yellows in front of the petrol pumps.
    By law, no one should be allowed to stop there to get petrol.
    Some brainless bureaucrat obviously just implemented some decision without thinking (obviously the very definition of bureaucrat), so the Irish solution is to just ignore it, by the public, garage owner and local law enforcement.
    Honestly I can't blame anyone for stopping there, putting double yellows in front of petrol pumps is obviously idiotic and they should shoot the guy who had the idea, the guy who implemented it and whoever painted those lines.
    Obviously no thought process in any of their brains.

181241.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

EPM wrote: »

The world is a better place now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

hmmm, which thread...

gashM5Parking.jpg

No points for guessing some of the responses to the parking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

437.jpg

Got this while out walking the dog this morning. Oh and that's not my crude attempt to cover up the reg plate. He obviously got a new bumper and resprayed it with a can of spray paint, it ran down the reg covering it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

source wrote: »

Got this while out walking the dog this morning. Oh and that's not my crude attempt to cover up the reg plate. He obviously got a new bumper and resprayed it with a can of spray paint, it ran down the reg covering it up.

Obnoxiously parked across the dog's urinal perhaps? ;)

• Advertisement

Iwannahurl wrote: »

No she prefers to hold it until we get home. She's nice like that.

http://photo.blogpressapp.com/big_photos/11/11/22/437.jpg

Iwannahurl wrote: »

At a guess I'd say the lock is bust on the passenger door and he was getting it as close to the tree as possible to stop it from been opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

EPM wrote: »

At least the occupants would be safe. Deathtoll could have been in to double figures if it was 2 full loaded Carina E taxi's.:)

h3000 wrote: »
    At a guess I'd say the lock is bust on the passenger door and he was getting it as close to the tree as possible to stop it from been opened.

No the missus was walking home that way last night, when I showed her the pic she said she saw him parking, apparently he was trying to squeeze the van into a small space, and that pic was the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

No the missus was walking home that way last night, when I showed her the pic she said she saw him parking, apparently he was trying to squeeze the van into a small space, and that pic was the result.

He should apply for Blind Pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Salthill

Two Disabled Spots. He was in the bank counting all his money I assume. :D

625b400b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Where were you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Looking at some of the parking on this thread it's clear that a lot of people should qualify for Disabled stickers. There might not be much physically wrong with them but they're obviously <snip>:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

E39MSport wrote: »
    hmmm, which thread...

No points for guessing some of the responses to the parking ;)

M5 exemption.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement