Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Victor wrote: »
    Loading/unloading is allowed on DYL for 30 minutes, not that I agree with it.
    I've anecdotally heard that. Do you have a legitimate source? I can't find one. The only thing I can see is parking not allowed at any time. I can't find exceptions. Although I do know you can set down on DYL. Can't find a source for that either but it was in my RotR when I sat my test.
    Hogzy wrote: »
    Whats wrong with this one? Seems there is plenty of space for cars to go around. There is nothing wrong with parking next to a speed bump either, in case you think thats a pedestrian crossing?

Asked and Answered. DYL, not pedestrian crossing.

Cedrus wrote: »
    BTW I can't see any lines in the photo. :D:confused:

ZoooooooooooooM
    01.png

And here is the full res photo you can view out of thread.

MugMugs wrote: »
    Gonna have to put my hands up here and confess that I am HIGHLY guilty of this.... :(

Might see you sometime. Smile if I take a photo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

RangeR wrote: »
    Might see you sometime. Smile if I take a photo :)

Right, Cardboard sign covering the back the car saying "This is NOT obnoxious, just lazy" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Victor wrote: »
    Loading/unloading is allowed on DYL for 30 minutes, not that I agree with it.
    Shouldn't park at junction either.
    Cedrus wrote: »
    Where's that from? It's not in the rules of the road, just checked (in case my memory was wrong). 30 mins in a loading bay or cycle track IS there but DYL just says 'no parking at any time'. BTW I can't see any lines in the photo. :D:confused:
    I've anecdotally heard that. Do you have a legitimate source? I can't find one. The only thing I can see is parking not allowed at any time. I can't find exceptions. Although I do know you can set down on DYL. Can't find a source for that either but it was in my RotR when I sat my test.

Its in the bye laws of Dublin City Council. Its allowed if you are actively loading or unloading and you are not causing an obstruction. Or thats the general jist of it anyway. Of course its all open to your definition against that of the Guards/traffic wardens/clampers etc.

http://www.dublincity.ie/RoadsandTraffic/Parking/pages/wheretopark.aspx
    Double Yellow Lines

No parking on a double-yellow line at any time.
    Exceptions

You can park on a double yellow line for a maximum of 30 minutes while actively loading or unloading a vehicle.
    Single Yellow Lines

No parking during the hours indicated on the street sign. This usually lasts from 7.00am to 7.00pm, Monday to Saturday.
    Exceptions

You can park on a single yellow line for a maximum of 30 minutes while actively loading or unloading a vehicle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Seasoft wrote: »
    My home estate won a Pride of Place award this year, and volunteers keep the verges, public places etc. in great shape all year round.

This is the result of the local school drop-off. Most mornings and afternoons some parents park half on the grass verge and now that the ground is damp the inevitable damage is being caused.

6429875243_9e5c3dedf1.jpg

6429869609_fcbde81bcf.jpg

Why dont you get like a load of boulder/rocks and place them along the edge (put flower beds around them) and bobs your mothers brother :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

This should win a prise, not get clamped...

6421366421_e42862913b.jpg#

In bus lane in operational hours, too closer to the junction, too close to the ped crossing, etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

ZoooooooooooooM
    And .jpg"]here is the full res[/URL] photo you can view out of thread.

that makes it illegal parking (possibly) but how is it obnoxious?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

monument wrote: »
    This should win a prise, not get clamped...

In bus lane in operational hours, too closer to the junction, too close to the ped crossing, etc...

Thats outside Blackhall Place, the parking there is notorious and a haven for clampers. I think the security guards main job is to keep an eye out for clampers and give warnings out. Its essentially the training school for solicitors but it seems they don't even understand the rules of the road so how are they supposed to know the laws that govern us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Blanch Shopping Centre yesterday

CXOZA.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Tallon wrote: »
    Blanch Shopping Centre yesterday

CXOZA.jpg

I take it that's a prize waiting to be won by someone, hardly obnoxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

source wrote: »

Imma gonna go ahead and say, Joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Yowza.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Haven't had your coffee yet I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

How about this one this morning? Parked tight to the wall, blocking ramp, and ignoring the sign in the window!!

MugMugs wrote: »
    Imma gonna go ahead and say, Joke?
    dar83 wrote: »
    Yowza.... :(
    Haven't had your coffee yet I assume?

Yeah just out of bed, brain hasn't switched on yet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

How about this one this morning? Parked tight to the wall, blocking ramp, and ignoring the sign in the window!!

Why would you get a reg that draws attention to the fact that it is a 318???!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Payback?

I would love to do this!

a4RQE.jpg

Tallon wrote: »
    Payback?

I would love to do this!

Payback for what? It's parked ok!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

The heroism is in managing to park inside that ring of obnoxiously placed shopping trolleys perhaps?

It's given me an idea though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Stillorgan shopping centre last week.

20111125104627.jpg

795.jpg

Not fantastic quality picture, The red and navy Avensis are parked in the driving lane with no drivers, waiting for their little darlings to come our of school.

The rest are parked on the foot path, inside the yellow lines.

Not fantastic quality picture, The red and navy Avensis are parked in the driving lane with no drivers, waiting for their little darlings to come our of school.

The rest are parked on the foot path, inside the yellow lines.

Obnoxious dashboard!!:D:D

Obnoxious dashboard!!:D:D

Thankfully that's not my dashboard, my dashboard is much cleaner, that's a mates dashboard (and a member on here), I've been telling him for months to clean it. Did it myself once was just as bad a week later so gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

A lot of those folks, and I'm not afraid to say it, collecting their kids outside those 2 schools on Clare Street are just a pack of waaaaaaaaaaaa's / knack bags and wouldn't give a flying fvck about anybody else.

Most, likely not working, don't understand that other people MIGHT have someplace they need to be irrespective of the fact where they are stopped is illegal and annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Beer Baron wrote: »
    A lot of those folks, and I'm not afraid to say it, collecting their kids outside those 2 schools on Clare Street are just a pack of waaaaaaaaaaaa's / knack bags and wouldn't give a flying fvck about anybody else.

and where's this:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

fryup wrote: »
    and where's this:confused:

Fine 200mtrs further along on the Dublin road instead but you already knew that Pedantic Pat. :rolleyes:

Seasoft wrote: »
    My home estate won a Pride of Place award this year, and volunteers keep the verges, public places etc. in great shape all year round.

This is the result of the local school drop-off. Most mornings and afternoons some parents park half on the grass verge and now that the ground is damp the inevitable damage is being caused.

I thought you might appreciate these pix. Taken this very evening, in darkness unfortunately.

Garden-Makeover1.jpg

Garden-Makeover2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

At night, what happens when there is a big reflection off all the paper onto the window? Or would there be?

Certainly on some vans, the amount of junk does imapir vision.

• Advertisement

Thankfully that's not my dashboard, my dashboard is much cleaner, that's a mates dashboard (and a member on here), I've been telling him for months to clean it. Did it myself once was just as bad a week later so gave up.

Is that white envelope on the left marked McLove by any chance? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement