Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Spotted a BMW parked across two spaces in the car park at Superquinn in Limerick earlier. The car was really well looked after so I assumed they were one of those "park over two spaces so no one dents the sides of my car" people. It's annoying, but fair enough, but then I realised the idiot had left two windows and the sun roof open! Very secure. I wish I could have gotten a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Again UL parking is on show. I've to be there at 8.30 in the morning to guarantee that I get a place in the large free parking spot, When I drove in I thought this guy was reversing out, turns out the car had just been parked there for the day!

dsc02766m.jpg

By the way, I wasn't the one who went at his wipers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Used to do that, fold in the mirrors and fold up the wipers as a way to let the other person know that I thought their parking was sh*te.
    It does no damage and definitely gets the point across.
    Once took off the wipers and the aerials and neatly placed them on the bonnet, that may be going a bit far and is asking for grief, but I was SO hacked off, this car went into a car park where there where two rows of car and parked in the middle of them, blocking in about 6 cars in total.
    It is just the height of pig ignorance, parking across two spaces is one thing but blocking in other people should be a hanging offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

batman2000 wrote: »
    More ***** parking in Dundalk.....It was a female driver....
    At least its pretty straight :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Top Dog wrote: »
    At least its pretty straight :pac:

she did keep between the lines ! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Coach House Ballinteer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Coach House Ballinteer

Actually, the fault lies with the sh1te parking by the BMW on the left. (The Avensis parking doesn't help either on the right.

I would have reversed my car into the space leaving just 3 inch's between my car and the BMW drivers door:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭notel70

Saw this up in a car park in Derry.
    35596_1462152589413_1101406668_31324010_3147833_n.jpg

i think thats okay as with all the other parking in this thread, the person works in a shop nearby and doesnt want any dings on their car, they work very hard to afford their car

When they purchased their car it was immaculate now if ya look down the 2 sides and their back bumper and front bumper its FULL of marks from people hitting off it etc....

They pick that spot as its the quietest row in the car park where no one can park either side of them infront or behind them, Merely trying to stub the problem of their car being wrecked altogether... That car is their pride and joy they work hard for it, might not be much to ye but its everything to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

notel70 wrote: »
    i think thats okay as with all the other parking in this thread, the person works in a shop nearby and doesnt want any dings on their car, they work very hard to afford their car

When they purchased their car it was immaculate now if ya look down the 2 sides and their back bumper and front bumper its FULL of marks from people hitting off it etc....

They pick that spot as its the quietest row in the car park where no one can park either side of them infront or behind them, Merely trying to stub the problem of their car being wrecked altogether... That car is their pride and joy they work hard for it, might not be much to ye but its everything to them

Ah come on. I can under stand why Gers_punto's does that but this parking was hardly planned like that. Atleast he parks towards the end of the row.

There's no way to tell from that picture if the person works in the shopping centre or not (but my spidey senses tell me that if they where working there -Derry, they wouldn't be driving a southern reg car)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Coach House Ballinteer
    I also consider Black car next to it as well as bad parking as it on the parking line giving less room to its neighbour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Ah come on. I can under stand why Gers_punto's does that but this parking was hardly planned like that. Atleast he parks towards the end of the row.

There's no way to tell from that picture if the person works in the shopping centre or not (but my spidey senses tell me that if they where working their -Derry, they wouldn't be driving a southern reg car)
    Agreed, especially driving from Galway. Donegal, Leitrim maybe, but not Galway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Aug2009 wrote: »
    Saw the funniest car prking the other day - guy parked car with trawler attached in Dunnes Car Park in Bishopstown but his trailer was practically blocking everyone else. He got out of car and walked away.:eek:.
    One of these?
    p407243-San_Diego_CA-Fishing_trawler.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

One of these?
    p407243-San_Diego_CA-Fishing_trawler.jpg

If it was one of them he was pulling then this is the only car on earth that can pull that: :pac:

823_skoda_octavia_tdi.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

bijapos wrote: »
    If it was one of them he was pulling then this is the only car on earth that can pull that: :pac:

823_skoda_octavia_tdi.jpg

How did I not see that coming.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

robbie_998 wrote: »
    she did keep between the lines ! :pac:

True and kinda I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Coach House Ballinteer

Looks fine to me. It's a new car and doesn't want to get dinged.

Used to do that, fold in the mirrors and fold up the wipers as a way to let the other person know that I thought their parking was sh*te.
    Once took off the wipers and the aerials and neatly placed them on the bonnet, that may be going a bit far and is asking for grief, but I was SO hacked off, this car went into a car park where there where two rows of car and parked in the middle of them, blocking in about 6 cars in total.
    It is just the height of pig ignorance, parking across two spaces is one thing but blocking in other people should be a hanging offence.

To be honest I wouldn't be too happy if I caught someone messing with my car. Besides there are more serious problems in the world to worry about.

I parked my car across two spots outside a supermarket last week to bring my granmother shopping. She can't drive a the moment and she's on crutches. I don't have a wheelchair pass so I coundnt park in a wheelchair spot. I had to allow loads of space so she could get in and out of the SMALL sizes space. I'd be rightly pi----d off if someone wen at my car because they thought they were some sort of parking police officer.

Most peole park 'badly' for some valid reason including the simple reason they are simply not skilled drivers. Or life is too exciting to be worried about some white lines on the floor. Messing with peoples cars is just bad form as is squashing in beside them just to make life akward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

There are always going to be extenuating circumstances (such as previous posters), but for the most part bad parking shows an lack of consideration for other road users in my opinion. If someone behaves like that in a carpark, then their behaviour on the open road is possibly equally as obnoxious.

And if you can't park a car in a defined parking space then that also shows a lack of control of the vehicle in question.... if you can't bloody park it, then you shouldn't be bloody driving it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

CarMuppet wrote: »
    To be honest I wouldn't be too happy if I caught someone messing with my car. Besides there are more serious problems in the world to worry about.

I parked my car across two spots outside a supermarket last week to bring my granmother shopping. She can't drive a the moment and she's on crutches. I don't have a wheelchair pass so I coundnt park in a wheelchair spot. I had to allow loads of space so she could get in and out of the SMALL sizes space. I'd be rightly pi----d off if someone wen at my car because they thought they were some sort of parking police officer.

Most peole park 'badly' for some valid reason including the simple reason they are simply not skilled drivers. Or life is too exciting to be worried about some white lines on the floor. Messing with peoples cars is just bad form as is squashing in beside them just to make life akward.

To be honest the examples you gave aren't valid ones.

As for the granny I was in a similar situation. I parked normally with no car on her side when I came back there was a car there all that had to be done was for my granny to wait a little while I pulled out clear of the other car.

As for the skilled driver part, lessons & pratice and I mean spending time in a quite place until you get the hang of it.

As for life being too exciting:rolleyes: when a person drives around I doubt they're bursting with so much excitment that they are unable/not arsed to park within two white lines.

Most of the time when I see bad parking it's out of lazyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robdsherlock

i do take up two spaces when im parking but only where there is a big car park and always at the least bussy end of it, simply for the fact that my car would get ruined from people opening there doors and hitting it off my car, have experienced it enough that this is my only alternative to keep my car free from marks because there are enough careless people out there that park carelessly and dont care about other peoples property

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

i do take up two spaces when im parking but only where there is a big car park and always at the least bussy end of it, simply for the fact that my car would get ruined from people opening there doors and hitting it off my car, have experienced it enough that this is my only alternative to keep my car free from marks because there are enough careless people out there that park carelessly and dont care about other peoples property

If you park at the far end of the car park where people are too lazy to walk from there is no need to take up two parking spaces ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robdsherlock

Neilw wrote: »
    If you park at the far end of the car park where people are too lazy to walk from there is no need to take up two parking spaces ;)
    oh bileve me where im from people do always manage to park beside ya when i only take up one space:(

Not too sure why you thanked my post, i wouldn't call "oh but my car is so precious and special and brilliant and the bestest car in the world EVER" extenuating circumstances.

The parking that has been shown here of your car shows the lack of control/lack of consideration bit i was talking about.
    Not meant as a personal attack btw, i just don't understand why you can't park it between the white lines....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

gatecrash wrote: »
    i just don't understand why you can't park it between the white lines....

He can park between the lines he just doesn't want to.

He can park between the lines he just doesn't want to.

Oh. Well. There ya have it. The "I don't want to" reason.

Why didn't he just say that, it makes it perfectly understandable now.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Or life is too exciting to be worried about some white lines on the floor.

That's a great statement. :D Are you also too excited to worry about speed limits, traffic lights, pedestrians etc or are different levels of excitement needed to ignore different aspects of driving a car? For example how excited would you need to be to ignore the white lines in the middle of the road?
    I parked my car across two spots outside a supermarket last week to bring my granmother shopping. She can't drive a the moment and she's on crutches. I don't have a wheelchair pass so I coundnt park in a wheelchair spot. I had to allow loads of space so she could get in and out of the SMALL sizes space.

I'm sure nobody on this thread has a problem with that, as long as you spent the 20 seconds required to park you car properly once you'd helped your nan get out of the car. Actually why didn't you just stop at the supermarket doors and help her out there, then go off and park. That would have been more helpful to her. Fair enough I suppose if the supermarket has no nearby access for a car but most of them do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Good stuff. I bet you felt great. You wouldn't if you touched my car.

That's a great statement. :D Are you also too excited to worry about speed limits, traffic lights, pedestrians etc or are different levels of excitement needed to ignore different aspects of driving a car? For example how excited would you need to be to ignore the white lines in the middle of the road?

Thanks for the complement. Bad parking is not illegal nor does not contribute to road deaths and subsequent misery cause by a crash. I'm just saying there are more important things in life to worry about than someone not parking a big car in-between two little while lines in a supermarket.

I'm one of 'those obnoxious people’ that park at the rear of a shopping centre taking two spots if the parking faculties do not meet my personal requirements. i.e. the spaces are too small therefore there is a high risk to damage to my car by someone who does not care about their own car let alone an enthusiasts car.

I'm sure nobody on this thread has a problem with that, as long as you spent the 20 seconds required to park you car properly once you'd helped your nan get out of the car. Actually why didn't you just stop at the supermarket doors and let her out there, then go off and park. That would have been more helpful to her. Fair enough I suppose if the supermarket has no nearby access for a car but most of them do.

Maybe you're correct... but if I was to stop outside the door of a supermarket and casue all the traffic behind to stop then there would be a thread on here about some 'obnoxius ******' who stopped his car in traffic and took ages to off load some old dear... I'm afraid you can't win.....

E39MSport wrote: »
    Good stuff. I bet you felt great. You wouldn't if you touched my car.

+1. agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

but if I was to stop outside the door of a supermarket and casue all the traffic behind to stop then there would be a thread on here about some 'obnoxius ******' who stopped his car in traffic and took ages to off load some old dear... I'm afraid you can't win.....

Well you're right there. :D
    But I'd say 95% of people while mildly annoyed about somebody stopping outside a supermarket, would understand when they see you helping your nan out. The other 5% can go off and write a thread and argue amongst themselves. But then most people replying would be telling them they're an idiot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement