Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Denisejcc wrote: »
    I could barely get out my side of the car at all, dont know how shes going to get in her side either. the audacity of some people, Im paying for that space and the other night I had to park on the road and risk being clamped because she took my space! GRRR!!

Rant over :o

I think we can all appreciate your frustration (and urge to kill :))

A polite note left on her windscreen explaining you can't park your car at times might put it to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I could barely get out my side of the car at all, dont know how shes going to get in her side either. the audacity of some people, Im paying for that space and the other night I had to park on the road and risk being clamped because she took my space! GRRR!!

Rant over :o

You know where she lives, press Ctrl + P now and slip the page under her door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Carpet tacks strewn liberally about her tyres :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

I dont think we are dealing with an intelligent life form here, Ive left her a few other notes apart from todays one ranging from threatening clampers to being polite! :D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Urrrmmm you have a clamping company. Get her clamped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Urrrmmm you have a clamping company. Get her clamped.

I know I'm too nice,,,, chances have run out now though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Shauna.Henn

Artic truck stopped in right-turn lane on Merrion Rd outside St Vincents Hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Is there an obnoxious driving thread?? Too many times lately I have seen people invent lanes for themselves, cos the 2/3 that are already there aren't enough for them???? Must get a better camera phone................

• Registered Users Posts: 29,328 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Artic truck stopped in right-turn lane on Merrion Rd outside St Vincents Hospital

Surely must have been broken down, no? Why would anyone park there, even out of ignorance/badness?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Shauna.Henn

Four out of the seven cars in the disabled parking section at Carrickmines today, with not one blue badge between them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

377895_2441307552265_1239115569_32442860_630518547_n.jpg

Takenn from a friends FB page yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Saab Ed wrote: »

What's the story there?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

What's the story there?

he was bold and parked right in front of the big yellow "no parking or you'll get clamped" sign and got clamped.

presumably to stop people blocking access for fuel tankers on the right for filling the tanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

My money's on that being photoshopped

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

-Chris- wrote: »

It is, zoom in and the clamp is off centre, also the front of te clamp is about 6 inches from the front of the tyre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Brave man to clamp a Garda car.

He could be looking at an obstruction charge there.

Nice €20 clamp from Lidl.

I'm told its real and that it happened in Kilcullen, Co Kildare yesterday. I've no reason to doubt the guy who put it up at all but you never know. It has been suggested on the facebook picture that the petrol station owner is one thick man so maybe thats what happened.

He could be looking at an obstruction charge there.

So is the guard who parked it :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Captain's Hill, Leixlip yesterday

IMAG0663.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Taxi driver? What an Ass.. The hills bad enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

-Chris- wrote: »

I'm not so sure.

Looks a little bit like this style of clamp. A Bulldog CAT or some such.

Why Photoshop that specific type?

Gardaclamp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    I'm not so sure.

Looks a little bit like this style of clamp A Bulldog CAT or some such.

Why Photoshop that specific type?

+1
    AND Not fully assembled/slotted in. As in "I was only joking, see I didn't even lock it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

It is Kilcullen and the Garda station is about 100yds up the road so I dont know why they would park there for any prolonged period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I dont think we are dealing with an intelligent life form here, Ive left her a few other notes apart from todays one ranging from threatening clampers to being polite! :D:rolleyes:

Jesus, its a mini ffs, how can she not get it between the lines?!?!?

I drive a passat and I can forward and reverse park between the lines so that others can park.

However since becoming a mom, I will admit to parking and taking up two spaces, not to be obnoxious BUT 9 times out of ten all the mammy and baby spots are taken by lazy ****ers with no babies OR I come back to my car and some prick has parked so close to my car that I can't open the door nevermind get my child in safely.

Am waiting to see my car on this thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

^^ Charming. Whats wrong with the other side of your car?

However since becoming a mom, I will admit to parking and taking up two spaces, not to be obnoxious BUT 9 times out of ten all the mammy and baby spots are taken by lazy ****ers with no babies OR I come back to my car and some prick has parked so close to my car that I can't open the door nevermind get my child in safely.

I drive a Passat as well and I'm not doubt fatter than your child and I can manage to get in and out of my Passat by parking perfectly legally.

Why are you unable to? A child is no excuse. This country didn't have these ridiculous parking spaces until a few years ago. My memory must be very short because I cannot remember seeing families / mothers and babies trapped in cars in car parks because they cannot get out of the car for the space being too small.

:rolleyes: X 1000

Now for the space being too small. Try getting in and out of you car in this space IF there were other cars around you.

Hotel in Bundoran

e1c34778.jpg

Same car park

10c76182.jpg

This morning on William Street in Limerick. See the big empty space in front of me. That was where he was parked when I arrived. I took the picture because he moved the truck into the road and went on his merry way. :confused:

c46cbc17.jpg

E39MSport wrote: »
    ^^ Charming. Whats wrong with the other side of your car?

Clearly, I meant when on both sides someone has parked too close despite the fact that safety suggests a child be in the car seat behind the front passenger seat.

Have you tried getting a squirming 6 month old into a car seat on the farside from the drivers side? So yeah, that's whats wrong with the other side of the car. And yes, I am rather charming Thank you for noticing :)

I drive a Passat as well and I'm not doubt fatter than your child and I can manage to get in and out of my Passat by parking perfectly legally.

Why are you unable to? A child is no excuse. This country didn't have these ridiculous parking spaces until a few years ago. My memory must be very short because I cannot remember seeing families / mothers and babies trapped in cars in car parks because they cannot get out of the car for the space being too small.

:rolleyes: X 1000

I'm delighted for you :) see above, same response. Try it and come back to me :)

I'm delighted for you :) see above, same response. Try it and come back to me :)

Fine, you advocate being obnoxious by parking obnoxiously. You are never going to win your argument. You are not anyway more important than me by having a child so don't attempt to convince the world that being obnoxious is a good thing for your needs because it is self serving.

• Advertisement

Fine, you advocate being obnoxious by parking obnoxiously. You are never going to win your argument. You are not anyway more important than me by having a child so don't attempt to convince the world that being obnoxious is a good thing for your needs because it is self serving.

My importance to you is irrelevant to me. Also I'm not making any attempt to convince the world of anything, I dont owe it any explanation. If it makes you happy to call me obnoxious then go right ahead.

Had I realised such humourless souls populated the thread I wouldn't have bothered suggesting that one day my car would end up here, enjoy your moral highground, you might have to dismount it someday, who knows, never say never and all :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement