Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Clearly, I meant when on both sides someone has parked too close despite the fact that safety suggests a child be in the car seat behind the front passenger seat.

Have you tried getting a squirming 6 month old into a car seat on the farside from the drivers side? So yeah, that's whats wrong with the other side of the car. And yes, I am rather charming Thank you for noticing :)

Successfully so and not at anyone else's inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

30112011.jpg

Ballyfermot Leisure Centre, carpark full. MORON!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

In B&Q in tallaght yesterday, saw the van when I was walking into the store, and then saw the starlet when i was navigation my way through empty spaces to avoid the que to get out!! And all because of this moron in the starlet I had to sit and wait like everyone else!!!! :pac:

184888.JPG

184889.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

I had to sit and wait like everyone else!!!! :pac:

I was up there the weekend and the STUPID things I saw people do, to avoid queuing to get out was ridiculous. Reversing directly into traffic, ignoring no right turns.... Idiots!

I was up there the weekend and the STUPID things I saw people do, to avoid queuing to get out was ridiculous. Reversing directly into traffic, ignoring no right turns.... Idiots!

Twas a poor attempt at comedy on my part, i sat in the que like everybody else, but i too saw the level of idiocy in the drivers, but its like everything else, people in this country will always have the attitude that the rules dont apply to them and do what they want on the roads..... Hence this thread lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Footpaths: infrastructure for people who don't like walking?

Dont-make-me-walk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Footpaths: infrastructure for people who don't like walking?

Dont-make-me-walk.jpg

Or "wheeling".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Twas a poor attempt at comedy on my part, i sat in the que like everybody else, but i too saw the level of idiocy in the drivers, but its like everything else, people in this country will always have the attitude that the rules dont apply to them and do what they want on the roads..... Hence this thread lol

It is endemic in this country alright.
    How do I get past everyone else, how do I get an advantage and, most importantly, how do I stop others getting ahead of me?
    Hence taking up two spaces, driving down the wrong lane to boot it past everyone else, ignoring "no left/right turn, no entry or exit" signs, red lights, sitting in the overtaking lane and not moving, accelerating when being overtaken, blocking yellow boxes on junctions and, of course, if you don't know whether to turn left or right, block both lanes so no-one makes it past you while you make up your mind.
    It is not enough to succeed, others must fail!

It is endemic in this country alright.
    How do I get past everyone else, how do I get an advantage and, most importantly, how do I stop others getting ahead of me?
    Hence taking up two spaces, driving down the wrong lane to boot it past everyone else, ignoring "no left/right turn, no entry or exit" signs, red lights, sitting in the overtaking lane and not moving, accelerating when being overtaken, blocking yellow boxes on junctions and, of course, if you don't know whether to turn left or right, block both lanes so no-one makes it past you while you make up your mind.
    It is not enough to succeed, others must fail!

You left out one major fact, if the first car at traffic lights doesnt take off at full throttle within milliseconds of the light going green then every driver behind will get agitated and prob start beeping!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

184923.jpg

Parked in a loading bay on Parnell Street today, despite there being a multi-story on Parnell Street, another on Kings Inns as well as numerous pay spaces on the Kings Inns itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Now why would you park in empty spaces when you can just leave the car across them instead??

cimg0082f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

photo1120293323.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Is that blocking an entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Jesus- I think that it is..!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Is that also blocking an entrance?

FYP slightly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

As well as being obnoxiously parked... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Tallon wrote: »

I'm pretty sure we have a winner and this thread may as well be locked now!!! (not really though)

But jesus christ imagine coming out of a shop and seeing someone doing that you your car!! I'd do the same to his face!!!

Standard practice in some European countries. I saw it happen lots of times in Belgium.

For example, old chap in a Starlet with a tow bar ! pushes a pristine 911 backwards.

I approach 911 owner on his return. He checks the car and shrugs his shoulders. Couldn't believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

It's America

• Advertisement

Awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

E39MSport wrote: »
    Standard practice in some European countries. I saw it happen lots of times in Belgium.

I noticed that in Italy: if you leave too much of a gap you'll come back to find a moped parked in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

It actually wasn't but it would be awkward to exit right out of the entrance, so qualifies for this thread based on that... and parked on footpath... and parked on Double Yellows, granted they are faded compared to the DY you see, but thats down to the fact that when they were painted there were cars parked there and that section couldn't be painted and the contractors never returned...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Glasshouse Sligo

Ah why not just take two disabled spaces. Heck the hotel only has 4.

7f3bcbe8.jpg

94bfc996.jpg

This may not look like much, but IMO it qualifies as Obnoxious Parking in two senses of the term.

1. The car park at this shopping complex is very badly designed and managed. There are two main tenants, a supermarket and large hardware store. The supermarket was originally intended to be in the premises currently occupied by the hardware store, but for some reason this was changed at the last minute. Unfortunately they didn't change the parking layout to take account of the switch, with the result that the hardware outlet has many more disabled and 'family' spaces than it needs. The supermarket only has three family spaces and two or three disabled spaces. Routing of traffic, especially with regard to basement level access, is farcical. Also there are no ramps or dished kerbs provided for disabled people using the Blue Badge spaces outside the supermarket, which means that customers in wheelchairs or who use walking aids have to go out into the traffic flow to access the entrance via the raised pedestrian crossing.

2. Obnoxious Parkers routinely sit on the raised area, often blocking the marked pedestrian crossing (extra-obnoxious behaviour not pictured on this occasion). Disabled people who cannot manage the high kerb are consequently forced to go out even further into the traffic flow, because they have to go round the OPs in order to access the raised crossing/tactile paving just visible behind the bollards. This goes on every day all year round (even more so during the Season of Good Will and Peace on Earth) but nothing is done about it. Recently an OP was sitting on the marked pedestrian crossing, just behind another OP in the same position as the Ford below. I knocked on his window to point out that he had just forced an elderly lady with a pronounced limp to squeeze past him. All I got in response was a tirade of abuse and a single-digit salute. A middle manager once told me that he had tackled someone abusing one of the disabled spaces and was asked whether he wanted to keep his teeth...

Double-Obnoxious-Parking.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm pretty sure we have a winner and this thread may as well be locked now!!! (not really though)

But jesus christ imagine coming out of a shop and seeing someone doing that you your car!! I'd do the same to his face!!!
    E39MSport wrote: »

For example, old chap in a Starlet with a tow bar ! pushes a pristine 911 backwards.

I approach 911 owner on his return. He checks the car and shrugs his shoulders. Couldn't believe it.
    +1, the rest of the world is nowhere near as precious about their bumpers as ourselves.

In France bumpers are primarily for bumping, it seems.

And btw obnoxious parking is endémique in France. Pousse ta caisse, espèce de con!

img_0136.jpg

img_0185.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The Boys in Blue were munching on coffee and doughnuts whilst "parked" across two spaces infront of Costa Coffee in the Park Road Retail Park in Killarney this evening.

Apologies for the Pic quality but it was quite dark and I didn't want them to see me as I spotted them sitting inside the window of the cofee shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

185158.jpg
    Saw this in Rathmines today, parked across a pedestrian crossing. Couldn't see them working on a nearby window either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

185160.jpg

Continuous white line.... check.
    Double yellow lines.... check.
    One way street.... check
    Hazzards flashing.... check.

This fellow was parked up and having a good laugh and a giggle with the lady by his door.

185161.jpg

Wicklow Street was amazing. There was the Blue BMW, the red Golf in front and a C series Merc behind. All on double yellow lines on a one way street but everything was OK because the hazzards were flashing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement