Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Right.. all within a few minutes of each other

Yep That Lorry is Parked
    DSC00108.jpg

No Blue Badge, nevermind not being in the space
    DSC00113.jpg

The Taxi and Focus are parked
    DSC00110.jpg

The Old Ground Hotel
    DSC00114.jpg

Yes he is sitting in the car
    DSC00115.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Stinicker wrote: »
    The Boys in Blue were munching on coffee and doughnuts whilst "parked" across two spaces infront of Costa Coffee in the Park Road Retail Park in Killarney this evening.

Apologies for the Pic quality but it was quite dark and I didn't want them to see me as I spotted them sitting inside the window of the cofee shop!

Was there a space available the van could have fitted in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

A few more, all taken with my phone btw

Double yellow lines
    DSC00116.jpg

Just the typical school time parking (nice gully tho, and exquisite grass :), i've no idea why i used such a low angle)
    DSC00117.jpg

This "lady" deserves a medal.. just up from the cars above, car locked, with a child unbelted in the back
    DSC00119.jpg

Just showing another angel, bad pic, bloody sun :D
    DSC00120.jpg

Dunnes
    DSC00121.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

And From Today.
    DSC00125.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ah Ennis when all sense of reason goes out the window. The only place people actually respect is the taxi rank down by Harveys Quay. I used to drive a truck in Ennis, I know how bad parking is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Now why would you park in empty spaces when you can just leave the car across them instead??

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/6176/cimg0082f.jpg

Poor photo but that car looks familiar. Is that an apartment complex up near Lamb Doyles by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

count them...there were at least 20 more behind me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Shane_ef wrote: »

Just the typical school time parking (nice gully tho, and exquisite grass :), i've no idea why i used such a low angle)
    http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/EMD015-Shane/Boards/DSC00117.jpg

Dished Gully Grate C131DLK? BS4428-compliant grass mixture? ;)

This "lady" deserves a medal.. just up from the cars above, car locked, with a child unbelted in the back
    http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/EMD015-Shane/Boards/DSC00119.jpg

What were her other options? Having another child in the car can be limiting, in my experience...

corktina wrote: »

Nice wide street too...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dunnes Westside
    Too lazy to correct their parking or maybe worried the bushes will scratch the paint, who knows?
    19ab4_thumb.jpg

Old people don't need to park in disabled spaces when there's double yellows just in front of the shop.
    72a68_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Abbey Street today at lunch time, the taxi driver pulls in and pops on the hazards. The car behind beeps him out of it and overtakes on the luas tracks, the driver gets out and walks into a shop.

20111214124338.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Two from greenpark sc in Limerick:

975.jpg

976.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Was there a space available the van could have fitted in?

As you can see he is about 3/4 into one space but left the back of the van overhang into the space alongside it, just sloppy parking he could have parked the van into the space properly had he wanted to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Its a way worse down near the Creamery especially at school time when all the buses park there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

jebuz wrote: »
    Abbey Street today at lunch time, the taxi driver pulls in and pops on the hazards. The car behind beeps him out of it and overtakes on the luas tracks, the driver gets out and walks into a shop.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3237/20111214124338.jpg

Ah sure just drive onto the Tram lines there pal.

Good god ! :eek:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

At the filling station near the Spawell this morning. Plenty of parking spaces but this fella's needs are greater than someone with special needs!

IMAG0682.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

I had to pick someone up from that Dunnes, and the set down/pick up was full of course... of people parking! So I had to park along side them and I said I'd make the point of not moving if they came out but I had to head off before them :p

Wouldn't be a trip to Salthill without one of these I guess.

She was at the ATM so parked across two disabled spaces. Where was I? I was also at the ATM yet parked perfectly legally.

aecff306.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Did you not post this a few weeks back?.. oh wait, that was a different vehicle.
    You should travel 100m the other direction and see all the cars parked on the footpath throughout the day.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Did you not post this a few weeks back?.. oh wait, that was a different vehicle.
    You should travel 100m the other direction and see all the cars parked on the footpath throughout the day.

Yep Galway is a goldmine for bad parking but then again it is not as bad as other cities and certainly not Limerick whom only has 2 Traffic Wardens and does not even have a Traffic Warden Van so if you park further out than they are willing to walk then you are ok. :D

Salthill is just one of those places where it is acceptable to simply dump your car and run because most people ARE only going into a place for "2 Minutes". I still don't condone this woman parking like an ass though.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Yep Galway is a goldmine for bad parking but then again it is not as bad as other cities and certainly not Limerick whom only has 2 Traffic Wardens and does not even have a Traffic Warden Van so if you park further out than they are willing to walk then you are ok. :D

Salthill is just one of those places where it is acceptable to simply dump your car and run because most people ARE only going into a place for "2 Minutes". I still don't condone this woman parking like an ass though.

Salthill is a chaotic mess, parking and traffic wise. I've posted on this previously, including examples of the footpath obstruction mentioned by Snubbleste in the previous post (which didn't go down too well, IIRC).

Allegedly there is a 10-minute grace period for parking (in P&D spaces, I think) without having to pay. I'm not inclined to agree with this, for reasons I won't go into, but far worse is the way in which motorists assume that the grace period also applies to blatant abandonmentness.

"Two minutes" obstructing a disabled spot could mean half an hour or more of time-wasting and frustration for a disabled person. Non-availability of Blue Badge spaces could actually mean disabled people having to cancel appointments on some occasions, I've been told.

Multiply that "two minutes" by the hundreds of cars parked obnoxiously every day and it soon becomes clear that obnoxious parking is the de facto standard in Salthill. OPs never think of the bigger picture, only their own "two minutes" of personal convenience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

kbannon wrote: »
    At the filling station near the Spawell this morning. Plenty of parking spaces but this fella's needs are greater than someone with special needs!

IMAG0682.jpg

Is that a pallet of Bord na Mona product in the disabled parking?

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Its a way worse down near the Creamery especially at school time when all the buses park there.

well I couldnt stop there at the time to take a picture, but there were several vehicles parked there all four wheels on the pavement.

When I stopped to pick my better half up outside the AIB the other day, the Warden pounced on me in seconds and yet these cars are illegally parked everyday.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Slidey wrote: »
    I asked a guy in a suit one day who appeared to be in perfectly good health whilst parking in a disabled spot and no sign of a blue badge if he had 'the disability to go with that parking space?'

He did some stammering when I pulled him up on it.. :D

It always amazes me when I go to the sports complex in Sligo how many people drive as close to the door as possible. Surely they aren;t that lazy to walk if they are going to a gym in the first place?

Larry:eek:?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sORXJLqvlLk

Another classic from Mr. David
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfHvr1La2LI

*Warning some language in the videos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

well I couldnt stop there at the time to take a picture, but there were several vehicles parked there all four wheels on the pavement.

When I stopped to pick my better half up outside the AIB the other day, the Warden pounced on me in seconds and yet these cars are illegally parked everyday.:rolleyes:

She only has the authority to get cars down as far as the Alley Bar, she told me that one day..

Btw I have a picture of your car obnoxiously parked outside the polish shop in town..:pac:

I will accept cash before I post it here..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Iwannahurl wrote: »

"Two minutes" obstructing a disabled spot could mean half an hour or more of time-wasting and frustration for a disabled person. Non-availability of Blue Badge spaces could actually mean disabled people having to cancel appointments on some occasions, I've been told.
    It has taken my mother two weeks to get to the post office because there is only one blue badge space close enough for her. If that space is taken (legitimately or not) she has to circle round the one way system to try again, Ten minutes later there could be another car parked there so she goes home and tries the next day. Repeat process daily until mission is achieved.

-Corkie- wrote: »
    She only has the authority to get cars down as far as the Alley Bar, she told me that one day..

Btw I have a picture of your car obnoxiously parked outside the polish shop in town..:pac:

I will accept cash before I post it here..:D

Must be the Cortina, I never Polish the Fiesta. Publish and be dammed!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Pavilions Swords earlier this week.

IMAG0213.jpg

IMAG0214.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Went to park in one of the last spaces in a local supermarket and a guy was parking obnoxiously, I parked across him and sat in the car till he came over and I got him to park properly :) result :)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

Blanch SC multi storey car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

2 empty spaces either side and still couldn't get it right :rolleyes:

subarun.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement