Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No pics (was travelling at nearly 100kph) but I'd like to give special mention to the lady the other morning who decided to park on the side of the road (no hard shoulder) just as the overtaking and inside lanes merge near the Maldron hotel roundabout in Wexford.

That phonecall she took must have been real important as she almost caused a pileup without even realising what she was doing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

zerks wrote: »
    No pics (was travelling at nearly 100kph) but I'd like to give special mention to the lady the other morning who decided to park on the side of the road (no hard shoulder) just as the overtaking and inside lanes merge near the Maldron hotel roundabout in Wexford.

That phonecall she took must have been real important as she almost caused a pileup without even realising what she was doing wrong.

I've seen that before, so dangerous!! Theres a hard shoulder just on the other side of the roundabout, and a bloody car park at the hotel, if its that important a call then pull over somewhere safe and then call back!! Or join the modern society and get a hands free kit/earpiece!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

trying to find a spot in blanchardstown shopping centre last friday in the middle of the xmas rush, this was just in a single row between where i parked and the entrance.

i passed at least a dozen more in other rows blocking off more than a single space and more than one that was almost perfectly straddling the white line between 2 spaces.

185766.jpg

185767.jpg

185768.jpg

185769.jpg

you can't actually see it in the last one, but all 4 cars are diagonally straddling the lines. i guess what do you do though if you're not the first one there and it's the only space?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Blanch was a gold mine of bad parking today, a gold mine I tells ye!

These were my favourites

Taxi and the other Avensis are both parked (yes, parked)

zwoXPl.jpg

Meanwhile, mere metres down the same road - this one is great as the offending driver [in the pink fleece] came back to the car just in time to see my taking a photograph of it. She looked perplexed, maybe she thought I was a big Volvo enthusiast!

EkRCDl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Wonder how the taxi got past the abandoned avensis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

E39MSport wrote: »
    Wonder how anyone got past the abandoned avensis

FYP

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

maybe re-read the post again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

One i found today. :D

DSC00159.jpg

kbannon wrote: »
    maybe re-read the post again

Confused. What have I missed?

(maybe read the post again or re-read the post)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I don't think that the taxi didn't move.
    The avensis moved further down the aisle to where the volvo was

• Advertisement

Gotcha. Stationary would have been a better word for the description.

meh, thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 TLF

Wouldn't normally be incensed enough to post but this genius rolled into this multi-story car park space on the busiest shopping day before Christmas. I was one space to the left (just out of shot) and yep - when I came back - a little fiesta had squeezed into the space between us.

photo.JPG

Wouldn't normally post anything :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Fork-Off.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

QUOTE=Iwannahurl

Brought his bedridden granny to do her christmas shopping? c/w bed:o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,328 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Fork-Off.jpg

:eek:
    Only been following this thread for a while, but this is post of the thread so far for me:D:D:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

^^^^ Am I right in assuming thats an empty space to the right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Fork-Off.jpg

maybe its a new style of mobility scooter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

KoolKid wrote: »
    ^^^^ Am I right in assuming thats an empty space to the right?

2 X Parent & Child. I'm off to that Supermarket tomorrow. I'm showing this to the guy at the back door. Should give him a laugh / piss him off. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Back to where Beer Baron started this thread.

89781fe4.jpg

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

And life comes full circle. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perhaps one should make a bunch of business cards and leave them under the wipers of offending vehicles?

"I offer cheap parking lessons and if you still cannot park after 6 lessons you get one more free.
    Ring Tanya Tompkins 0801334465"

And when they google the name/number they get this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I like how quickly the Google spiders work: http://www.google.ie/search?&q=Tanya%20Tompkins%200801334465 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Had this one sent to me today, Parkway retail park in Limerick..........................yeah that's a footpath.

1092.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

source wrote: »
    Had this one sent to me today, Parkway retail park in Limerick..........................yeah that's a footpath.

http://photo.blogpressapp.com/big_photos/11/12/20/1092.jpg

If you ever look at the row of cars behind that car, there is a footpath too, but nearly every car parks over it the footpath, must try and get a photo next time I am there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Mc Love wrote: »
    If you ever look at the row of cars behind that car, there is a footpath too, but nearly every car parks over it the footpath, must try and get a photo next time I am there!

I wonder what is the legal position around a pedestrian climbing over a car parked on a pavement.
    Or someone with a buggy or trolley scratching a car that has illegally obstructed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

I wonder what is the legal position around a pedestrian climbing over a car parked on a pavement.
    Or someone with a buggy or trolley scratching a car that has illegally obstructed them.
    I don't know but it would probably include words like trespass, criminal and damage :D

Years ago I was trying to cross a busy street in London, which had fenced railings all along it to stop jaywalkers, the pedestrian crossing was the only break in the fence and the street was so narrow that if a vehicle stopped on the crossing they blocked the gap completely. One day a guy drove onto the stripes on an amber light with no way of getting across, so I (arrogant youth) just hopped up and crossed his bonnet. He went berserk, but he had blocked the crossing so tightly that he could have only chased me by climbing through the passenger door or following me across his bonnet. The bonnet did make a horrible twanging noise though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

biko wrote: »
    Dunnes Westside
    Too lazy to correct their parking or maybe worried the bushes will scratch the paint, who knows?
    19ab4_thumb.jpg

More like not able to park.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

This chap's a repeat offender in Galway. I suppose stopping pedestrians is one way of promoting cycling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement