Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Beer Baron wrote: »
    What is odd though is that I did my shopping in Tesco Nenagh today which is normally full of fvckwits for parking but because it was so packed nearly all were perfectly parked.

True if you remove the 3 cars in the drop off / taxi area and the two blokes in vans parked at the front door with the engine running.

There was even a 1994 Transit parked perfectly in 1 space between the lines. God knows how he was going to get the shopping into the van. :confused:
    Funny how they can all do it right when they need to. pity it can't happen all the time. :confused:

Will I get banned if I suggest that anyone parking in a disabled space should be given summary entitlement to do so. Kneecap the bastids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Cedrus wrote: »
    Will I get banned if I suggest that anyone parking in a disabled space should be given summary entitlement to do so. Kneecap the bastids.

Banned:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Cedrus wrote: »

Probably,but it's Christmas so retract your statement and you won't
    -Corkie- wrote: »
    Banned:pac:

You're on my list now :)

Probably,but it's Christmas so retract your statement and you won't

I retract my statement. Violence solves nothing.
    I don't know how it would work anyway (but non violent fantasising soothes a troubled mind, especially when I help my 80yr old father to limp past some gurriers 4x4x4 who thinks their christmas beer supply takes precedence uber alles).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Caught someone snapping a picture of my car today.

Well.... it's not my fault, I tried to explain. It broke down and that was as far as I could get it to go. And like **** I'm pushing a ton and a half of Renault just to make it line up perfect in the box, or trying low speed maneuvers when stuck in third gear just to match your smug standards of neatness.

So, watching intently for it to appear.

Soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

Dartz wrote: »
    Caught someone snapping a picture of my car today.

Well.... it's not my fault, I tried to explain. It broke down and that was as far as I could get it to go. And like **** I'm pushing a ton and a half of Renault just to make it line up perfect in the box, or trying low speed maneuvers when stuck in third gear just to match your smug standards of neatness.

So, watching intently for it to appear.

Soon.

I feel your pain :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

car park jammers for xmas but this felt spec Octavia deserves two spaces!

388831_10151083765350103_616990102_22402386_787367754_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

photo1um.jpg

photo2dxr.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

SNNUS wrote: »

Some amount of chewing gum disposal goes on at that location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Parked in a disabled spot. Ignorant dick!

[IMG][/img]anpost.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Stingray wrote: »
    The Spar across the road has closed, so that why they are **parking** on that footpath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Outside my apartment yesterday, the laziness is just beyong belief

01f08256.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Outside my apartment yesterday, the laziness is just beyong belief

That car looks very familiar :)

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Marlow wrote: »
    That car looks very familiar :)

/M

Some big culchie fella driving it

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paddymick

Christmas Day and the bah humbug`s are still out takin pictures!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

paddymick wrote: »
    Christmas Day and the bah humbug`s are still out takin pictures!!:rolleyes:

And the same people still post on here spouting rubbish.

Don't post here again please

382663_10150463562443682_698008681_8944374_355499475_n.jpg

Kilmartins, Athlone.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

In fairness looks like he's stopping the back end from sticking out, which is no harm at that particular stretch. Getting cars to stay on their own side of the road there is hard enough at the best of times.

whyulittle wrote: »
    In fairness looks like he's stopping the back end from sticking out, which is no harm at that particular stretch. Getting cars to stay on their own side of the road there is hard enough at the best of times.

Those parking spots are big enough lengthwise for a small bus. Definatly longer than he needs, even if he parked normally. There's even extra room where the spot ends. This was the case of just throw it in as you come into the lot.

And the Ford Ka was there first.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

Now not sure if it was an owner of one of the shops blocking off the street for some reason or what, but saw a jeep (santafe I think) parked fully parallel to little catherine street (limerick) on Christmas eve afternoon (that looks weird typing it...), front bumper touching one little metal barrier, rear bumper touching its opposite couterpart.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

whyulittle wrote: »
    You do realise that vehicles are longer along the diagonal?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Christmas Eve. 0800h. St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre. Plenty of available spaces at this time but obviously as the morning progresses spaces will be at a premium.

So this driver uses his/her lack of parking smarts and parks as he/she sees fit.......:rolleyes:

img0186mw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Argos in Galway yesterday evening:

Obnoxious 206 driver, no disabled badge displayed, parked up in a disabled spot

186438.jpg

But then you walk around the other side of the car and justice is done :D

186439.jpg

Result :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Top Gear!

OZjgth.jpg

UZinAh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Col200sx wrote: »
    Argos in Galway yesterday evening:

Obnoxious 206 driver, no disabled badge displayed, parked up in a disabled spot

186438.jpg

But then you walk around the other side of the car and justice is done :D

186439.jpg

Result :)
    That's not clamped in any serious way.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Limerick City, right across from the City Centre Car park.
    20111217_141450.jpg

In the car park. Hard to see, but pretty sure it was two spaces. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Tight fit for two though...
    20111217_141934.jpg

The Dreaded "Next" sale.
    20111226_120527.jpg
    20111226_115749.jpg

Aldi in Limerick. Busiest I've ever seen it. This is down at the back of the shop.
    20111222_154132.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

That's not clamped in any serious way.

Wut>

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

MarkR wrote: »

That can't be two spaces, just slightly larger one at the end of the row? The space closest to the camera looks very tight too..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

This is your standard obnoxious parking job.

186484.jpg

I'm not sure if it makes it more or less obnoxious that it was parked like this when the carpark was this empty...

186485.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement