Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Is that your jeep..:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

It's all a test - anyone who criticises that parking gets banned...*

*not really, mine was an '03 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

cjt156 wrote: »
    Its OK Berty; check Cpaw's location and all becomes clear...

Tell us more Kojak

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I don't have pictures but today in Blanchardstown shopping centre I'm trying to find a disabled space and come across someone sitting in their car hogging the only space.
    I asked does he intend on moving as I need the space for my child who has a disability. He jumped out of his car came over and said "ah it's ok for me to be here, I'm waiting on someone" :mad::mad::mad:

He then informed me that he wouldn't mind if I squeezed in beside him:mad::mad::mad

People are just so ignorant.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It's ok, I'm at Christmas Mass!
    IMAG0123.jpg

06-D-6072 (ignorant tosser)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

MarkR wrote: »
    Aldi in Limerick. Busiest I've ever seen it. This is down at the back of the shop.

The only Merc worth buying.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Knine wrote: »
    I don't have pictures but today in Blanchardstown shopping centre I'm trying to find a disabled space and come across someone sitting in their car hogging the only space.
    I asked does he intend on moving as I need the space for my child who has a disability. He jumped out of his car came over and said "ah it's ok for me to be here, I'm waiting on someone" :mad::mad::mad:

He then informed me that he wouldn't mind if I squeezed in beside him:mad::mad::mad

People are just so ignorant.

Did the person have a disabled parking pass? You're allowed park using another persons pass once you're collecting or driving them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Aldi in Limerick. Busiest I've ever seen it. This is down at the back of the shop.
    20111222_154132.jpg

That's not parked, its moored and may drift slightly with the tide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Neilw wrote: »
    Did the person have a disabled parking pass? You're allowed park using another persons pass once you're collecting or driving them around.

No he did not have a pass and told me it was ok for him to park there as he was waiting on someone:rolleyes:

The shopping centre was extremely busy and there were no other spaces. He then said sure I could squeeze in beside his car in the non existent space.

Never did it occur to him that I might have needed the wider space to get my child out of the car or that I would also have blocked in the person parked in ajacent disabled bay from opening their car doors.

The ignorance of such people astound me. I did tell him he was an igorant so and so and he said he would move but I was not taking the risk of coming back to my car keyed or similar.

People like this guy need a serious reality check.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Knine wrote: »
    No he did not have a pass and told me it was ok for him to park there as he was waiting on someone:rolleyes:

The shopping centre was extremely busy and there were no other spaces. He then said sure I could squeeze in beside his car in the non existent space.

Never did it occur to him that I might have needed the wider space to get my child out of the car or that I would also have blocked in the person parked in ajacent disabled bay from opening their car doors.

The ignorance of such people astound me. I did tell him he was an igorant so and so and he said he would move but I was not taking the risk of coming back to my car keyed or similar.

People like this guy need a serious reality check.
    No excuse for that so :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

In the car park. Hard to see, but pretty sure it was two spaces. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Tight fit for two though... Picture

No way is that 2 spots, I'd say its just the end of a line of spots and there wasnt much else they could do.

could squeeze a bike in there or maybe a smart car though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Victor wrote: »
    That's not parked, its moored and may drift slightly with the tide.

Hoggin bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Bit of a different one here...

Just outside Superquinn in Ranelagh, Dublin. These trolleys have been lying out on the cycle path for at least 3-4 days now. Presumably to save the space for a delivery truck, or so as to not obstruct the view of the window.

I snapped this on Christmas Eve;

62009596.jpg

Note there is no effort made to warn road users of their presence.

I'm not sure if they put them out just in the evening, or if they're there during the day (might be up that way tomorrow). Either way, I think they're quite hazardous just laying out on the road like that.

A cyclist could easily ride right in to them in bad weather conditions, or a car reversing could easily miss them as they're low.

The clampers are always out with a vengeance around Ranelagh so I wonder why Superquinn have gotten away with this for this amount of time already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Cianos wrote: »
    Bit of a different one here...

Just outside Superquinn in Ranelagh, Dublin. These trolleys have been lying out on the cycle path for at least 3-4 days now. Presumably to save the space for a delivery truck, or so as to not obstruct the view of the window.

Note there is no effort made to warn road users of their presence.

I'm not sure if they put them out just in the evening, or if they're there during the day (might be up that way tomorrow). Either way, I think they're quite hazardous just laying out on the road like that.
    Nice bit of scrap metal put out for recycling, could get a small wagon in there :D Worth a few bob if they're stainless :eek: Probably just galv:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

@Cianos - You mean that you've noticed these in a dangerous position for a few days now and still, you didn't bother moving them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

kbannon wrote: »
    @Cianos - You mean that you've noticed these in a dangerous position for a few days now and still, you didn't bother moving them?

Yes. Well, tonight was the 2nd night I've seen them there so I'm presuming they've been there since the 24th, I could be wrong though. The first night I saw them I thought they may have just been there for a few mins while a delivery truck was about to unload. Upon seeing them tonight I guess I was apathetic on the presumption that since they've potentially been there for so long they have permission of some sort. So I thought I'd post here to get some other views before following it up more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

I know it's not a car, but it's still pretty obnoxious. This guy rode up to the door of the offy, and dropped the bike on the ground and walked in.

1874.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

<SNIP>

tSyPel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Arciphel wrote: »
    <SNIP>

I snipped your post, it was all a bit overly vulgar tbh. No need for that. Comment on the ridiculous parking, not on the driver please.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

186622.jpg

Four cars on the left hand side parked on double yellow lines, with one or two more to my right hand side.

186623.jpg

The black Daewoo and G4S van are both parked on double yellow lines.

186624.jpg

The Avensis and Golf are both parked on double yellow lines.

186625.jpg

This Landcruiser was parked on Parnell Street, again on double yellow lines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

well the guys on the pavement are pretty obnioxiously parked, but arent most of the rest of them just illegally parked?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

corktina wrote: »
    well the guys on the pavement are pretty obnioxiously parked, but arent most of the rest of them just illegally parked?

Well I guess you can consider it obnoxious as there's plenty of onstreet parking but........ the big red brick building on Kings Inn Street is a multi-story carpark so there's plenty of spaces available if they weren't lazy gits/tight fisted.

The Landcruiser is parked just before the turn off for a multi-story carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I was in that area about three weeks ago on a Sunday and the cops were having a great time ticketing all the double parked cars. They were abandoned all over Jervis and Parnell St. Mostly for Smiths toys I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Think this guy forgot that his van was 20 foot long!!!!

186652.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Think this guy forgot that his van was 20 foot long!!!!

At least he parked it proper. He can't do for, that whoever designed the parking lot didn't think of people coming in vans.

/M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Marlow wrote: »
    At least he parked it proper. He can't do for, that whoever designed the parking lot didn't think of people coming in vans.

/M

Because in Ireland you couldn't possible expect the guy who designs the car park in a shopping center :rolleyes: to account for vans.
    Bit like tunnels and trucks.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Marlow wrote: »

/M

Yeah but what if he drove a double decker bus.... still ok??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yeah but what if he drove a double decker bus.... still ok??

If he can park a double decker bus into that space I´d be posting it in a thread called more fantastic parking.;).

But seriousally , parking out like that is not acceptable. I have drove a big van & the only solution is to park in 2 spaces back to back. It looks like he didn´t want to walk IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

In Manor West retail park Tralee. Beemers of course need two spaces for the big cocks that drive them:p
    th_272264592_DSC00071_122_420lo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Damokc wrote: »
    In Manor West retail park Tralee. Beemers of course need two spaces for the big cocks that drive them:p
    th_272264592_DSC00071_122_420lo.jpg

What an idiot... if ye want a big space just go behind debenhams on the gravel. It was packed down there today too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement