Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Cedrus wrote: »
    Driver must have balked at going between the bollards:D Good job they're there or they'd lose loads of trolleys.

WTF are the bollards for? :confused:

Most modernish shopping centres will have something like this now. AFAIK its the magnet wheel locking security things they put on the trollys to stop people nicking them. The bollards are a marker as to haw far you can go with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

2012-01-07174905.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

the trolley thing was funny the first time, a bit jaded the second time and downright annoying the third time, lets not anyone quote it again....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

GalKiefer wrote: »
    2012-01-07174905.jpg
    If that's in Ireland, I wonder if the Gardai would do anything about the illegal number plate? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

corktina wrote: »
    the trolley thing was funny the first time, a bit jaded the second time and downright annoying the third time, lets not anyone quote it again....

A lot of people (above) would disagree... but anyway.. back on topic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Daved_XB

the_syco wrote: »
    If that's in Ireland, I wonder if the Gardai would do anything about the illegal number plate? :pac:

Nope it's an Australian plate.. the big IGA sign next to it stands for Independent Grocers of Australia, can't read the letters at the top of the plate to see which state, but that 3 & 3 letter number combo on a black plate.. I'd guess Victoria

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

the_syco wrote: »
    Daved_XB wrote: »
    Nope it's an Australian plate.. the big IGA sign next to it stands for Independent Grocers of Australia, can't read the letters at the top of the plate to see which state, but that 3 & 3 letter number combo on a black plate.. I'd guess Victoria

It's a Queensland plate but I'm not sure how legal the colour is. Possibly a special-purchase one like you can get in NSW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I reckon he shelled out a nice few dollars for that plate. It is a good earner for the govt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Nice one in local paper today. Corolla parked around the back of Dunnes Stores in Athlone (in the way at the delivery entrance). Boxed in with pallets, front and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Two side by side, with a world of free parking spaces, it must be love!
    DSC00099.jpg

(It may not be obvious at first but both are parked dead centre on the white lines)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

corktina wrote: »

I went off the trolley a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,511 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Killinator wrote: »

(It may not be obvious at first but both are parked dead centre on the white lines)

So in theory there should be an exact sized parking space between them, I'd love to park between them to see their reaction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,432 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Four out of the seven cars in the disabled parking section at Carrickmines today, with not one blue badge between them.

Was there today and spotted that the management company have erected signs threatening clamping (€90 release fee) to anyone without a badge parking in the disabled spots.

About time, now let's see them implement it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 smois6

1325619403263.jpg
    Some fine parking in the underground car park at superquinn lucan last week. apologies for the poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Hoofball

Only getting around to posting this picture now. You can't tell from the photo but these are the closest spaces to the shop (Aldi in Blackrock Cork) and it was raining at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Thread cleaned up and is closed till we decide what to do with it

I reopened this thread back on Sunday afternoon, guess no one missed it that badly!. Last chance for this thread btw ,no messing around. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Pointed out to a charming old man the other day that where he parked his car wasn't a parking space, but a pedestrian walkway.

He didn't take it too well and followed me down the carpark with some profanities and threatening me that he was a cop.

Had he just parked in one of the proper spaces, he wouldn't have had as far to walk to the door as he did after coming after me! :)

I reopened this thread back on Sunday afternoon, guess no one missed it that badly!. Last chance for this thread btw ,no messing around. :)

I did, I just didn't have any pictures to post!

From donedeal:

Full?id=9284541

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2854028

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You know its bad when they can't even get into a disabled spot straight.
    188794.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

The premises happens to be a medical centre in Rathangan, Co. Kildare, not that that's important to the considerate driver of this lovely little blue Toyota truck... :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

188801.jpg

Last Saturday in Ennis, white Corolla parked in hatched area, cops actually stopped to give occupant a bollocking/ticket.
    Driver had wandered off and left his passenger in the car to say "he'll only be a miiinaaaa!"
    He stopped in the middle of the road causing quite a holdup, but I don't care, good to see some action being taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

whyulittle wrote: »
    Pointed out to a charming old man the other day that where he parked his car wasn't a parking space, but a pedestrian walkway.

He didn't take it too well and followed me down the carpark with some profanities and threatening me that he was a cop.

Had he just parked in one of the proper spaces, he wouldn't have had as far to walk to the door as he did after coming after me! :)

Maybe he was one of the charmers on this thread. ;)

AGS-facilitates-footpath-obstruction.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Can I asked why it was closed in the first place? It's always on my "Follow" list and it gets pics posted on it daily? Did I miss some huge inappropriate rant by someone? Is there a min amount of daily post a thread needs to get to stay open?:confused:

Full?id=9508584

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Tonight in Ikea Dublin. Car park was at most 40% full yet this guy still wanted 2 spots for himself.... Was still there when I came out less than an hour later (after scoffing down my 20 meatballs and chips :P )

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Hoofball wrote: »
    Only getting around to posting this picture now. You can't tell from the photo but these are the closest spaces to the shop (Aldi in Blackrock Cork) and it was raining at the time.

That Aldi is a divil for pricks parking in the disabled spots whilst shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Miscreant wrote: »
    Tonight in Ikea Dublin. Car park was at most 40% full yet this guy still wanted 2 spots for himself.... Was still there when I came out less than an hour later (after scoffing down my 20 meatballs and chips :P )

Hooooooge Picture !!!! :eek:

Damokc wrote: »
    Can I asked why it was closed in the first place? It's always on my "Follow" list and it gets pics posted on it daily? Did I miss some huge inappropriate rant by someone? Is there a min amount of daily post a thread needs to get to stay open?:confused:

Read the first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 I_am_red

Double whammy outside my local Londis. Disabled space and pedestrian crossing in one classy manouvre! I counted 15 empty parking places for this guy to park in but he was too busy sitting there having fun with a full on personal nasal evacuation to notice anything......

th_893107923_2012_01_18_041_122_135lo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holuc

Beer Baron wrote: »
    No you're alright that'll do you

bfb9f833.jpg

I mean, seriously, seriously. Major junction in Limerick city centre.

7f0604dd.jpg

That van looks like a maintenance van. maybe he's goin to fix the lights or something!! he not goin to park miles away from where he's goin to be working and using tools out of the van.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement