Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options
1215216217218219221»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

holuc wrote: »
    That van looks like a maintenance van. maybe he's goin to fix the lights or something!! he not goin to park miles away from where he's goin to be working and using tools out of the van.

But he wasn't. He was working in the shop which happens to be on the corner but the entrance is not on the corner. No excuse. Anyway, fixing the lights is no excuse to park on a corner/junction/pedestrian crossing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Saw something that boiled my blood today, didn't get a chance to take a pic. Centra in raheen, Limerick, lunchtime. Mayhem parking as usual, all disabled spaces full of able bodied drivers. Woman in wheelchair had to park at edge of mother and baby parking space an some prick parked so close to her door by the time I had parked she had returned to her car and couldn't get in.
    I went into the bank and she was waiting at the back of her car, I must have been there 20 minutes and she was still waiting when I came out.
    Bucko swans out of shop and into people carrier complete with toddler he had left in the car. Only then could the lady get into her car :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

With 818,232 views in its 3 year existence ( twice the number of the next most popular thread) it's great that the temporary suspension has ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

whyulittle wrote: »
    Pointed out to a charming old man the other day that where he parked his car wasn't a parking space, but a pedestrian walkway.

He didn't take it too well and followed me down the carpark with some profanities and threatening me that he was a cop.

Had he just parked in one of the proper spaces, he wouldn't have had as far to walk to the door as he did after coming after me! :)

Interesting that he would commit a breach of the peace!! Look over on the Legal Discussions forum for how you can personally prosecute him as a "common informer". THat would have been an interesting discussion if he was a GArda.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Terrible pic (phone at night) but ...

Car_1.jpg

• Advertisement

http://www.galwaynews.ie/23787-aran-islands-first-ever-parking-ticket
    x2_first_ticket_on_aran.jpg
    One Inis Mór driver made history in a way they’d rather forget on Monday when they became the recipient of the first ever road traffic violation ticket issued on the Aran Islands.

Community Warden Martin Mannion attached the dreaded paperwork to the window of a car at Kilronan Harbour on Monday morning as the new County Council Traffic Plan kicked in on Inis Mór.

The Traffic Management Plan for the Harbour area in Kilronan was agreed by Galway County Council in 2011 and it came into effect on January 1.

It regulates parking and traffic movement in the vicinity of the newly developed harbour at Kilronan. The regulations also apply to an area in the Killeaney harbour part of the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WestWing

It takes a very special kind of knob to park on double yellows and on a corner.

There are dozens of parking spaces 10 meters away, but n:eek::eek::eek: , this tool is special. It was pleasing to hear him kerb his wheels in the process.

189019.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Cheers for the reg zoom, it was so hard to read...

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WestWing

Tallon wrote: »
    Cheers for the reg zoom, it was so hard to read...
    :P

I'm a professional. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

WestWing wrote: »
    I'm a professional. :pac:
    I can see, they 1x1 white bounding box is a nice addition :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Never knew it was that bad out there.
    I say it's just being sh*tty for the sake of being sh*tty.
    No need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

From Kildare Village today, very considerate, even though there were 100's of vacant spaces, this knob parks as close to the entrance as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 araninfo

We hope he's had his 15 minutes of fame and will now hide for the tourist season.
    The Aran Islands blog carried a story earlier.
    John.
    Aran Islands

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

No need for it.

If it's blocking or partially blocking access to the harbour, more power to him I say.

No need for it.
    At this time of the year there's not much to block.
    John.

@Araninfo

How many people actually bring their cars, as visitors, to the Islands? Not many I'd imagine so not going to stop visitors in the same way people don't visit Dublin City Centre because of Clampers. They just park legally.

Think about Clifden. The Warden drives out from Galway in his purple van. Everybody knows what time he normally arrives and only stays around an hour. This could happen on the Islands as well. He could arrive over by boat, visit the Islands, and feck off back to the mainland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

From Kildare Village today, very considerate, even though there were 100's of vacant spaces, this knob parks as close to the entrance as possible.

MOD EDIT

Send him a link for the craic. Dumb ass painter.........

gsxr1 wrote: »

That's rude. We are not here to judge people, merely their parking, surely.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    @Araninfo

How many people actually bring their cars, as visitors, to the Islands? Not many I'd imagine so not going to stop visitors in the same way people don't visit Dublin City Centre because of Clampers. They just park legally.

Think about Clifden. The Warden drives out from Galway in his purple van. Everybody knows what time he normally arrives and only stays around an hour. This could happen on the Islands as well. He could arrive over by boat, visit the Islands, and feck off back to the mainland.
    Hi there Beer Baron.
    No visitors bring their cars. You can't. Ferries are passenger only.
    Looks like he'll be around to terrorise the Islanders for the foreseeable future. He does litter fines and other stuff too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Too much time on your hands mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Dónal wrote: »
    I did, I just didn't have any pictures to post!

From donedeal:

http://photos.donedeal.ie/photos/Full?id=9284541

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2854028

People robbing his parking spots, so he has no choice but to park over the two of them? Robbing people's parking spots is ignorance of the highest order...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Just because you have a small car deosnt mean you can't take 2 spaces.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    189121.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No visitors bring their cars. You can't. Ferries are passenger only.
    How do people get cars out there so?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

How do people get cars out there so?

Flying cars!

Pastrana_x15_jump1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

CiaranMT wrote: »
    If it's blocking or partially blocking access to the harbour, more power to him I say.
    araninfo wrote: »
    At this time of the year there's not much to block.
    John.
    Beer Baron wrote: »
    @Araninfo

May not actually be a parking offence. Could be Motor Tax, for example. In which case dropping the FCN tickets by plane on all the islands would be quicker, given the numbers of antique vehhicles that aren't taxed, insured, NCT'd on the likes of Aran, Inishbofin etc. :D;)

Meanwhile, next door on the larger island:

01-MO-1197.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

MOD EDIT

Over the course of this thread there has been countless warnings regarding publishing information on poor parkers. Trying to get other posters to send a link to the guy for your own amusement and then insulting him? This is not on, common sense should tell you that. Infracted.

And while I'm at it, well done. Thread closed pending discussion, but don't hold your breath people. There was a warning given 3 days ago that this would happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement