Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Absurdum wrote: »
    on the far right ;)

Ah ha the picture is too big i had too scroll over:).

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Fiesta

Id say the Aygo to the right of the pillar was parked before the corolla.

Surely if ya cant park an Aygo properly there is something wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

tskk wrote: »
    I found great satisfaction in doing this a few years ago!

I had a lovely little fiesta and 2 babies that had to be lifted into their car seats and strapped in. Went to Blanchstown centre early one morning, was there at 9am 'cause I was up at 6am with the kids!

Parked the car, ran into centre, was back at car by 9:30. Some total and complete moran in a huge estate had parked his car on top of my drivers side door. The rest of the car park was nearly empty.

I had to open passenger door and struggle to deposit the 2 kids and climb over the passenger side to get into the drivers seat!

I ripped off a piece from a paper bag and wrote down a suggestion to the driver of the estate that he/she should learn to park. I used some colourful language. Stuck it on the wiper blade.

It was fun!!
    A dirty nappy stuck to his window would make him think twice next time.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

marious wrote: »
    still can't understand some of You saying "I'm afraid about my car, I'm taking two spaces" Those lines on car parks are painted for a reason, to get as many as possible cars parked. Reminds me of people stopping on motorways on hard shoulder to answer the phone or scratch their balls... doesn't matter if its forbidden, they're special ones :)

That's true. Car park markings are to indiacte the direction and layout of the parking format. And as you say to get as many cars in as possible. In a perfect world everyone would be and expert driver and all motorists would repect other peoples property. Then this thread would not exist... Which I must to admit is entertaining. :)

Wrt to markings on a motorway. It's illegal and dangerous to disregard these markings. It's a bigger threat to life to mess on a motorway than in a carpark IMO.

Actually as I'm typing this message I'm sitting in my car in a carpark waiting for my better half and I notice the amount of people speeding in carparks. Kinda scary with toddlers and kids walking around.. But I guess that's for another thread at least they are only talking one spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

CarMuppet wrote: »
    That's true. Car park markings are to indiacte the direction and layout of the parking format. And as you say to get as many cars in as possible. In a perfect world everyone would be and expert driver and all motorists would repect other peoples property. Then this thread would not exist... Which I must to admit is entertaining. :)

Wrt to markings on a motorway. It's illegal and dangerous to disregard these markings. It's a bigger threat to life to mess on a motorway than in a carpark IMO.

Actually as I'm typing this message I'm sitting in my car in a carpark waiting for my better half and I notice the amount of people speeding in carparks. Kinda scary with toddlers and kids walking around.. But I guess that's for another thread at least they are only talking one spot!
    Are you the one parked in 4 spots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Fiesta wrote: »
    Id say the Aygo to the right of the pillar was parked before the corolla.

Surely if ya cant park an Aygo properly there is something wrong!

Even if you can't judge the spaces properly when driving you could get out and nudge it in with your hip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Saw these two today.

28mfskp.jpg

15zi89x.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭marious

another "no dents on my door" driver
    1238avn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

@gatecrash and anyother people who has the same problem, get over it we take up two spaces, at the end of the day we only chose to do this to stop people hitting our cars and we are not harming anyone!! if more people would take care of getting into and out of there cars we wouldn be doing this in the first place!! simple as!! and as said we do it at the quieter part of the car park not right in front of the store where people dont care if there cars get damaged.
    or is it one of those cases where i couldn give a sh*t about anymore, that oh the have a modified car they double parking there always causing hassle and trouble everywhere....:rolleyes:

You chose to do it because you are ignorant, simple as.

I don't go around whacking my doors off everything i see, i do give a sh1t about my car, but i don't take up 2 spaces either. Why not? Cos i'm NOT ignorant.

Modded car doesn't mean "i can take up 2 parking spaces" No more than 09,10-XX reg does either.

If you are so concerned about your car then perhaps you should buy a big wad of cotton woll and wrap it in it. Maybe put it on a revolving pedestal in a garage, with bright shiny lights.

Whatever you do, don't try telling me that just cos you don't park on top of the doors of a shop/whatever that it gives you the right to take up 2 spaces. Cos it doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Saw these two today.

that Golf is crazy bad (ly parked)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Just throw in there it will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Just throw in there it will do.

well she managed to get between the line and the rubbed out one, maybe she got confused :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

gatecrash wrote: »

I don't go around whacking my doors off everything i see, i do give a sh1t about my car, but i don't take up 2 spaces either. Why not? Cos i'm NOT ignorant.

Modded car doesn't mean "i can take up 2 parking spaces" No more than 09,10-XX reg does either.

If you are so concerned about your car then perhaps you should buy a big wad of cotton woll and wrap it in it. Maybe put it on a revolving pedestal in a garage, with bright shiny lights.

Whatever you do, don't try telling me that just cos you don't park on top of the doors of a shop/whatever that it gives you the right to take up 2 spaces. Cos it doesn't

I second that!

Well put.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

well she managed to get between the line and the rubbed out one, maybe she got confused :P:D
    hehehehhe

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

This numpty in our apartment parking spaces. Checked to see does he have a permit, nope. Hes from goBus who have an office just outside our apartment.

118279.jpg

Beautifully parked..............at a bus stop. But its a Beemer so its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

This numpty in our apartment parking spaces. Checked to see does he have a permit, nope. Hes from goBus who have an office just outside our apartment.
    See if management will clamp it? :D

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

the_syco wrote: »
    See if management will clamp it? :D
    Hopefully the clampers will. I think everyone in the city knows the code to our gate, and the permits can be easily copied. Its getting a bit tight for parking these days. I may just have a word with management one of these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robdsherlock

gatecrash wrote: »

maybe i am ignorant:rolleyes: and maybe you are too.

i would rather be ignorant to someone who was gona park beside me and damage my car to be nice to someone and let em damage my car and any other car i drive.

please refresh my memory where i stated that a modified car entitles me to take up two spaces, i said i choose to so stop making false statements, also i didn not say i was entitled to take up two spaces because i dont park on the/or in the front door of a shop, so either you cant read properly or just like making up things.

as far as i am concerened the car parks i go into and park like that are never near full and i park at the quiet part of the car park so i am not in the way of anyone so personaly i couldn care less,
    if you have a problem with that complain to your counciller. i am not breaking any law or in anyones way so i do not see the problem. it would be a different story if it was in the middle of a bussy car park and was obstructing other cars from parking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭marious

You should be parking on disabled space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robdsherlock

call me what ya want but i aint stepping down to that level.....

marious wrote: »
    You should be parking on disabled space

Actually that's a good idea. They are normally nice wide spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

No more personal comments/attacks please - attack the post (parking), not the poster (parker).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 angry_bob

-Chris- wrote: »
    No more personal comments/attacks please - attack the post (parking), not the poster (parker).
    Unfortunately, the poster is a grade A Kn*b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

angry_bob wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the poster is a grade A Kn*b.

angry_bob banned for 3 days for ignoring on-thread mod request.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

Another one from Drogheda railway station - there's a 2010 Audi that parks on the road leading out of the station car park, inconveniencing everyone slightly. The thing is, it doesn't matter how many free proper spaces are there, this person will always leave his car at this 'no parking' area. More money than courtesy or sense obviously.

positron wrote: »
    Another one from Drogheda railway station - there's a 2010 Audi that parks on the road leading out of the station car park, inconveniencing everyone slightly. The thing is, it doesn't matter how many free proper spaces are there, this person will always leave his car at this 'no parking' area. More money than courtesy or sense obviously.

He is more important than the sum of everyone else that he is inconviencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

positron wrote: »

What would be required here is someone with a nice wide car/van with bullbars attached.

Here's one.......

I've seen the owner of a local supermarket use two parking spots in HIS carpark to park his S-Class Mercedes. Discuss.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pics or...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement