Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

CarMuppet wrote: »
    Here's one.......

I've seen the owner of a local supermarket use two parking spots in HIS carpark to park his S-Class Mercedes. Discuss.....

Sounds like the guy down our way, usually in the disabled spots as well. Glad to see Tesco building a new shop....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The manager of our local Tesco parks his Merc on an area of yellow cross hatches outside the main fire exit ... discuss that !!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,520 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Alun wrote: »
    The manager of our local Tesco parks his Merc on an area of yellow cross hatches outside the main fire exit ... discuss that !!:eek:

A photo of that sent to Mr Tesco in the UK would get a nice response.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

A photo of that sent to Mr Tesco in the UK would get a nice response.

It sure as hell would. Im a trainee assistant manager for a large retailer & if any of us was reported for parking like that we'd have a very 'pleasant' conversation with our District Manager or SOM.

Even call in & ask to speak to the manager & say parking like that is disgraceful. Or call the county council fire marshall....Those lads dont muck about.

a_v525 wrote: »
    It sure as hell would. Im a trainee assistant manager for a large retailer & if any of us was reported for parking like that we'd have a very 'pleasant' conversation with our District Manager or SOM.

Even call in & ask to speak to the manager & say parking like that is disgraceful. Or call the county council fire marshall....Those lads dont muck about.
    I've mentioned it a few times to the customer service desk ... it's one of those stores where mysteriously there's never a manager about, but no one has ever got back to me. Anyway I've stopped going there now, the place is a kip, and any complaints are just shrugged off ... I'm guessing if the manager is enough of a pr1ck to do what he's doing, he isn't going to be worried about what his customers think.

• Advertisement

Ah, trust me, I know the type of manager youre talkin about :rolleyes:

Still though, Fire Marshall would sort him out fairly lively :)

I might get a photo if I'm up that way in the near future and get in touch with Wicklow CoCo , but as I said, I avoid the place like the plague these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Ah, trust me, I know the type of manager youre talkin about :rolleyes:

I believe you mean the Chief Fire Officer, in this part of the world fire marshals are civies who assist with an evacuation. That manager may even be a fire marshal for his own business.
    http://www.irishfireservices.ie/pages/fireauthorites.htm

Sorry, from US, they have proper Fire Marshalls... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Another for the hit parade, this twat has even been reported and nothing has been done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Another for the hit parade, this twat has even been reported and nothing has been done.

Ah but "you can with a Nissan". See below for the younger viewers.....

http://www.nowsell.com/marketing-guide/list-of-advertising-slogans.html#Automobiles

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

007beh.jpg

That ended up rather big but in fairness parking across 2 disabled spots deserves it :)

It's outside atlantic in Liffey Valley and it's 4 disabled spots in a row. The two cars behind him are takign up the other 2. None had blue badges.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Stekelly wrote: »
    It's outside atlantic in Liffey Valley and it's 4 disabled spots in a row. The two cars behind him are takign up the other 2. None had blue badges.
    Nice catch but - is that not a blue disabled badge on the dash of the Hyundai behind the Megane? Just above where the speedo is positioned? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Top Dog wrote: »
    Nice catch but - is that not a blue disabled badge on the dash of the Hyundai behind the Megane? Just above where the speedo is positioned? :confused:

I dont think so tbh. I made a point of looking at the windscreen as I walked past. It is possible I could have missed it I suppose. the car behind the Hyundai definately didnt have one.

I'm nearly sure the spot in the backround that the Laguna is in is a disabled spot too and when I came out of Atlantic there was a taxi there too.

EDIT just checke dgoogle earth. The are all disabled spots.

In fact if you look at Google earth theres a car where the Megane is too. although not as blatantly but still crossign the line of 2 spots. Theres also another car back from it that must agree that cisabled spots are not to be parked in so parked in the drivign lane parallel to the spot, blocking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Looks exactly like one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

it is.... i can even see the white wheelchair with man to symbolize its a disabled parking permit... definitely is !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Stekelly wrote: »
    [That ended up rather big but in fairness parking across 2 disabled spots deserves it :)

The disabled spots on that part of the Liffey Valley retail park are always taken up by plebs. Anything I need to go their, I always get plenty of parking in the main carpark. The problem is the design of the carpark, most spaces are quite near some shop or another, so the tools have problems finding the ones nearest all the shops....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Double whammy - Double-parked on double-yellow lines - just off Upr Leeson St, opposite the Leeson Lounge a few minutes ago. There were at least five on-street metered bays visible near that spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,304 ✭✭✭markpb

I don't have a pic of this sorry. I was passing by Dawson St on Monday evening when I spotted a car parked (and duly clamped) on the footpath outside the DHG entrance to Trinity. This was no 2 wheels on, 2 wheels off, half-hearted attempt at parking - they'd driven right up onto the footpath and parked about 3 feet away from the road, completely blocking one of the exits. I only wish the clampers had removed and crushed the car instead of just clamping it.

markpb wrote: »
    I don't have a pic of this sorry. I was passing by Dawson St on Monday evening when I spotted a car parked (and duly clamped) on the footpath outside the DHG entrance to Trinity. This was no 2 wheels on, 2 wheels off, half-hearted attempt at parking - they'd driven right up onto the footpath and parked about 3 feet away from the road, completely blocking one of the exits. I only wish the clampers had removed and crushed the car instead of just clamping it.

Saw it.

Silver Ford Ka, broken side windows, probably stolen & abandoned.

Plus noone parks that bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Dunlo st in Ballinasloe today. Note the angle of the spaces & the rest of the cars. :)

3169e1v.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

25062010.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

6ea425c78ad318fc1dfb27a1d463f5a4.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 V6MAT

My dad told me about this topic, so here is one from two nights ago in mallow

mrvjpe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

My contribution to this thread

I got two pair.

One at retail park yesterday, just poor parking but identical in two rows one near and one far.

Today at Crescent shopping centre. Two poorly parked cars that push a disabled car right to the line of her own space.

In fairness I'd park like this myself, although I'd have the car a bit straighter.
    The car isn't taking up more than one space and it's not causing an obstruction.
    I always look for end spaces like this where I can park without having to worry about idiots banging there doors into me.
    I never park between two spaces.

118742.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

In fairness I'd park like this myself, although I'd have the car a bit straighter.
    The car isn't taking up more than one space and it's not causing an obstruction.
    I always look for end spaces like this where I can park without having to worry about idiots banging there doors into me.
    I never park between two spaces.

118742.jpg
    Why not park the other way round with the driver side facing the free space. i.e reverse into the space.

limklad wrote: »
    Why not park the other way round with the driver side facing the free space. i.e reverse into the space.

The point is to leave space between you and whoever might park in the next space.
    Most parking spaces these days are ridiculously tight.
    I'll generally only park in end spaces or spaces like that where you can park out of the space without making a nuisance of yourself.
    A lot of the bad parking you see is the result of people parking in 2 spaces to avoid damage, i.e. the white Supra above.
    I wouldn't do it myself mind, you're asking for trouble plus it's ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

It appears there is a parking space there after alll, we just aren't sure about the orientation yet... :rolleyes:

sm_SNC00203.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

blastman wrote: »
    It appears there is a parking space there after alll, we just aren't sure about the orientation yet... :rolleyes:

One presumes the wing mirrors were obscured by the dazzling reflection from the wheel arches on the car in that photo from the late 1980’s.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement