Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

White Supra above?

There are loads of free spaces around. So no problem. This person 'loves' their investment and is trying to protect it as those spaces seem tight. All you want is junkmobile to pull up alongside and ding ding. Or worse a trolleywarhorse. "oh sorry I'm just using the side of your car to stop my trolley from rolling away".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

CarMuppet wrote: »
    White Supra above?

There are loads of free spaces around. So no problem. This person 'loves' their investment and is trying to protect it as those spaces seem tight. All you want is junkmobile to pull up alongside and ding ding. Or worse a trolleywarhorse. "oh sorry I'm just using the side of your car to stop my trolley from rolling away".

I completely understand the logic but people are likely to see that, think what a w@nker and damage it on purpose.
    Far better to park at the far end of the car park and walk the extra bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

WOOO

No pics of my parking! Not that i park badly. I go out of my way to park right.

If you dont want you car dinged, leave it at home and take the bus.

folan wrote: »
    If you dont want you car dinged, leave it at home and take the bus.

That's actually not a bad idea. Why didn't I think of that? :D

Ah wait, just thought it... The problem is the public transport system is non-existent in this country (outside Dublin). But that's for another thread I fear. *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Saw this today in Roscrea:
    msd2x0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

62945619E9394A1FBA7C58C90DC32319-800.jpg

I just can't fathom what the owner of this car was thinking. It was abandoned in the middle of Phibsborough Road in Dublin. This is a busy road with lots of bus traffic from both Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann.

It caused quite the obstruction with cars getting stuck behind it not realizing no-one was in it and then with buses having to manuvere around it. I don't understand why they couldn't have pushed it into the lane which was just in front and to the left hand side of the car, thus taking it off of a busy road.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

/\ WTF:confused: /\

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

WE HAZ A WINNER!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Post #727 is a good one alight. They even left the window down enough for some one to hijack it , but Surely got something better like complete block on a one way street or better two way street!

Here some more bad parking taking more space than they should in the Crescent shopping centre in Dooradoyle, Co. Limerick.

Deliberate attempt to take over two spaces
    119097.jpg
    119096.jpg

Poor attempt to park, the poor 4*4 does not help matters but the BMW is just did not bother try to park properly. An Auris driver tried to park beside the BMW but the driver could not get out. But behind me when taken this Photo a Large Van from the Travellers parked perfectly despite tight spot and the arse sticking out about a foot for been too long, for the parking spot and it is as wide as the space but they manage to pile out and not scratch the cars at either side.

119095.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I'm considering buying a 100-pack of these:

iparkidiot.jpg

Great craic to stick on muppets cars.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

I think someone mentioned it before but we should get a boards.ie one with a link to this thread so they can see themselves shamed on here! Thatd be so sweet. Internet justice!!! The best kind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

a_v525 wrote: »
    I think someone mentioned it before but we should get a boards.ie one with a link to this thread so they can see themselves shamed on here! Thatd be so sweet. Internet justice!!! The best kind :)

Give them a chance to defend themselves too.

..and maybe we'd find out WTF was going on in Phibsborough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Good photos limklad but any chance of resizing them?! :eek:

a_v525 wrote: »

Ah you'll probably see one of my cars up here so soon..... :P

I personally wouldn't be ashamed of seeing a picture of my car taking two spaces up here etc... in fact if the picture was well taken that would great. Afterall this website is only here for a bit of craic and not to be taken seriously... right?

Marlow wrote: »

/M

Ah no leave my car alone!! :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Ah you'll probably see one of my cars up here so soon..... :P

I personally wouldn't be ashamed of seeing a picture of my car taking two spaces up here etc... in fact if the picture was well taken that would great. Afterall this website is only here for a bit of craic and not to be taken seriously... right?

insert spoon, start stirring!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Look at all these spaz stopped in a yellow box! Everyone except the truck up front.

What's even worse, is that they all approached in the wrong lane & undertook me - where I'm stopped is the correct lane, and to the left of me is a bus lane: both lanes stop in front of the yellow box (where I'm stopped), and then when the light goes green you drive to where the truck is, etc, while merging with traffic in the bus lane.
    So I stopped in front of the yellow box, as you do, and 4 cars then undertook me & drove into the yellow box. That's not to mention the queue of cars in the bus lane to my left waiting to cut me off when the traffic starts moving. I was the only one in the correct lane, besides the truck - everyone should have been stopped behind me!! Baaaaaaa!

Dopes...

FYI, this is at Father Collins Park in Donaghmede. Happens all the time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

gatecrash wrote: »

Spar Kiltipper?

I wouldn't be placing anything on anyone's windscreen up there...........

R.O.R wrote: »
    Spar Kiltipper?

I wouldn't be placing anything on anyone's windscreen up there...........

HA!!

Yep, Spar Kiltipper it is

gatecrash wrote: »

very funny... :) no it's not...

But let me give you a hint.. I only drive English, Italian or US vehicles.... ;)

• Advertisement

very funny... :) no it's not...

But let me give you a hint.. I only drive English, Italian or US vehicles.... ;)

Right so.... I'll be on the look out for all them foreign type regs then!!

Hope you have a UK US and Eyetie licence!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Not

Even

Close....

VppNI.jpg

I could drop kick a fiesta into a space tidier than that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

limklad wrote: »
    Post #727 is a good one alight. They even left the window down enough for some one to hijack it , but Surely got something better like complete block on a one way street or better two way street!

Here some more bad parking taking more space than they should in the Crescent shopping centre in Dooradoyle, Co. Limerick.

Limklad that place is one of the worst for parking, I bet you could walk around all day at the Crescent taking parking photos

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Some idiot hit my car while he was trying to parallel park in Mallow last week. I was parked and in my car when the car shook as if someone started shaking it. When I looked in the mirror I saw this idiot with an audi jammed against my bumper. He continued to park his car as if nothing happened so I got out looked at my car then looked at him, he stuck his head out the window and said I didn't touch it before I said anything to him, then he almost hit an esb pole on the footpath. He then got out and went about his business as if nothing happened. The thing about it is the space was big enough to park 2 cars in. He was around 30 and if you read this you should collect your prize for being idiot driver of the year:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Some idiot hit my car while he was trying to parallel park in Mallow last week. I was parked and in my car when the car shook as if someone started shaking it. When I looked in the mirror I saw this idiot with an audi jammed against my bumper. He continued to park his car as if nothing happened so I got out looked at my car then looked at him, he stuck his head out the window and said I didn't touch it before I said anything to him, then he almost hit an esb pole on the footpath. He then got out and went about his business as if nothing happened. The thing about it is the space was big enough to park 2 cars in. He was around 30 and if you read this you should collect your prize for being idiot driver of the year:rolleyes:

You let that happen :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i saw a bmw parked today that deserved an award, it was on patrick street in cork, it was just after 5pm so it was packed with traffic, (for people that know cork its beside the bank of ireland near mc donalds)

it was actually parked across a roadway so a car was stuck waiting to get out, there were 2 gardai on bikes in front of it looking mystified, just as i was passing a woman ran across the two lanes of traffic holding her bump and said "sorry im pregnant" :eek:

i couldnt believe she thought it was ok to just abandon the car where it was,

now in fairness she was pregnant, but she was well able to run across two lanes of traffic when she saw the garda looking at the car:D

edit: she hopped into the car and drove off, i think the guard was speechless

bladebrew wrote: »
    i saw a bmw parked today that deserved an award, it was on patrick street in cork, it was just after 5pm so it was packed with traffic, (for people that know cork its beside the bank of ireland near mc donalds)

it was actually parked across a roadway so a car was stuck waiting to get out, there were 2 gardai on bikes in front of it looking mystified, just as i was passing a woman ran across the two lanes of traffic holding her bump and said "sorry im pregnant" :eek:

i couldnt believe she thought it was ok to just abandon the car where it was,

now in fairness she was pregnant, but she was well able to run across two lanes of traffic when she saw the garda looking at the car:D

edit: she hopped into the car and drove off, i think the guard was speechless

The Garda was probably just glad she didn't ask for his helmet to pee in!!!

Sam Kade wrote: »

ah yes....

I bought a nice shiny MR2 import back in early 1994. It was my first 'real fast' car. Parked it at work waaaaaay down the back of the car park alongside all the other Jap imports as there were a few of us boy and girl racer type hooligans working there at the time. We loved our cars. :D

Anyway I came out of work this day and the left rear quater panel was driven in. I was quite anoyed to say the least.

Two weeks later a girl noticed her Celica had the same damage on the same spot.

We began to think some nutter was attacking the cars down the back carpark.

Few weeks later I was late for work and drove down the back of the factory car park. I noticed this 'granny' in a very old and battered Fiesta playing pinball with pallets, hedging and cars!

As it turned out she was 59 and learning to drive for the first time. she chose this part of the carpark to park & practice becasue it was quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Marlow wrote: »
    I'm considering buying a 100-pack of these:

/M

If I caught somebody A Muppet sticking anything to my car I would punch their daylights out or better still get them arrested for interfering with other peoples property.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

vectra wrote: »
    If I caught somebody A Muppet sticking anything to my car I would punch their daylights out or better still get them arrested for interfering with other peoples property.:mad:
    You can take that kind of talk elsewhere, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement