Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

vectra wrote: »
    If I caught somebody A Muppet sticking anything to my car I would punch their daylights out or better still get them arrested for interfering with other peoples property.:mad:
    Park properly and it wont happen then! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Marlow wrote: »
    I'm considering buying a 100-pack of these:
    Great craic to stick on muppets cars.

/M
    Anan1 wrote: »
    You can take that kind of talk elsewhere, thanks.

So you say this talk is ok on boards??
    Which part of my comment upset you?
    I fail to count the amount of times I read in motors forum of Boards where members did in fact say the would punch somebodies lights out if they caught them at theirs cars or damaged their cars..
    How can anyone say I would be wrong.
    I would love to see your face if you caught somebody putting stickers on your car. :confused:
    I fail to see where my post differs so much to any of the others..

But sauce for the goose is normally good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Some idiot hit my car while he was trying to parallel park in Mallow last week. I was parked and in my car when the car shook as if someone started shaking it. When I looked in the mirror I saw this idiot with an audi jammed against my bumper. He continued to park his car as if nothing happened so I got out looked at my car then looked at him, he stuck his head out the window and said I didn't touch it before I said anything to him, then he almost hit an esb pole on the footpath. He then got out and went about his business as if nothing happened. The thing about it is the space was big enough to park 2 cars in. He was around 30 and if you read this you should collect your prize for being idiot driver of the year:rolleyes:

Didn't you get his details?:confused::confused::confused: He's lucky it wasn't my husband he said that to. He might've got more than he bargained for! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

bladebrew wrote: »
    i saw a bmw parked today that deserved an award, it was on patrick street in cork, it was just after 5pm so it was packed with traffic, (for people that know cork its beside the bank of ireland near mc donalds)

it was actually parked across a roadway so a car was stuck waiting to get out, there were 2 gardai on bikes in front of it looking mystified, just as i was passing a woman ran across the two lanes of traffic holding her bump and said "sorry im pregnant" :eek:

i couldnt believe she thought it was ok to just abandon the car where it was,

now in fairness she was pregnant, but she was well able to run across two lanes of traffic when she saw the garda looking at the car:D

edit: she hopped into the car and drove off, i think the guard was speechless

I've long since ceased being surprised at the standard of parking in Patrick St. Cars are parked so wide of the pavement, you need to catch a bloody bus to get back to it!! Luckily, Cork isn't London, otherwise the lucky drivers would've come back to a ticket, or better still no car 'cos it's been lifted! ;)

I never park there after hours, I'm afraid of what I might find when I got back. I'd rather pay and bung the car in the Grand Parade car park...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

2zjlsu0.jpg

Parent and child spot that almost went into the other parent and child spot and the ass of it was even sticking out, would have made it awkward for bigger things turning that corner. (even that white car doesn't look like it's parked to good)

2mphili.jpg
    I've just noticed that the car the far side of it looks out too but it looks like a mini so would be a little narrower.
    There were plenty more cars badly parked but I didn't feel like being the weird one taking photos of loads of different cars

zn1x5u.jpg
    In Kildare

292bima.jpg

2vmvsra.jpg

I know a nearly empty car park but for two cars to park in non spaces when there's plently of empty spaces near the door is just stupid.

I just wish I could show the worst parking in the town, people abandoning their cars on the path of a narrow road sometimes if a lorry is going along it has to stop until the people move their cars(they sometimes park on both sides of the narrow street) all for the chipper and/or offlicence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Orla K wrote: »
    In Kildare

Ah the supervalue in Athy, I know all too well how bad the parking can get there...mostly old fogies that can't see straight and idiots that have this "sure I'll only be a second" mentality...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

smokingman wrote: »
    "sure I'll only be a second" mentality...
    These people are primitive and of little intelligence, personally I'm hoping they will all die out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Good photos limklad but any chance of resizing them?! :eek:
    My screen is big so I did not noticed it. Will mini size them in future. I took them with my Phone camera.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Limklad that place is one of the worst for parking, I bet you could walk around all day at the Crescent taking parking photos
    The Crescent wasn't too bad before the recession as they was not much room due to it been packed so people abonded car at the railway end bu you could pass through provided there was a guard at the County Council building entrance, but in the last two years, there been more spaces and just got mighty deliberately worst. I did not have to walk around it to find bad parking. I just pull into a space and walk to the door of the Crescent and took the snaps on my way in and out. It was that easy.

I just think it is applauding and rude to others the way they deliberately take over two spaces even though their car can easily fill one space. One of the cars I snap was a woman in her late 40's, No kids, no disabled person nor elderly with her. She was on her own. I hope she see her car photo here in the list of shame of Obnoxious parking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Marlow wrote: »
    I'm considering buying a 100-pack of these:

iparkidiot.jpg

Great craic to stick on muppets cars.

/M

Will you be adding "/M" to the stickers?

/K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

attachment.php?attachmentid=119267&stc=1&d=1278430024

Great piece of parking in my estate. Really selfless.

The parking standard isnt great usually, but this takes the biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Mother and child parking, Dunnes, Roscommon Town, yesterday. Doesn't matter how wide the spaces are, they can still not manage to get between the lines:

05072010888-640.jpg

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭marious

another beauty:
    a9vlnq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

^^^^ it was the third car up (at least) that started that lot of retarded parking

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

alexmcred wrote: »
    ^^^^ it was the third car up (at least) that started that lot of retarded parking

TBH those spaces look really narrow, even though the BMW is over the line it is not an exorbitant distance from the line on the other side.

I find the size of spaces in this country to vary alot and a fair margin of them to be quite narrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭marious

true, true... but still... you would at least try to make it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

06072010(001).jpg

06072010(002).jpg

Here's the best I've seen, taken in Merrion Square today, in a bus stop. There was a very irate man there taking pictures and calling someone. I love the picture of the back of it, sorry about attaching the pictures, I have no idea how to insert them into a post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Bodhan wrote: »
    06072010(001).jpg

06072010(002).jpg

Here's the best I've seen, taken in Merrion Square today, in a bus stop. There was a very irate man there taking pictures and calling someone. I love the picture of the back of it, sorry about attaching the pictures, I have no idea how to insert them into a post

Why, he's only promoting sensible parking, leave the lad alone! :D
    TBH, that looks like fairly sensible parking to me, at least for Merrion Square standards.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 cazzycaz

I parked in a parent and baby space once out side dunnes, I had a galaxy at the time and the space next to me also a parent and child space also had a large family car. Iwent in to do my shopping with kids and new baby in car seat. When i came out a renault clio had parked in between our two cars!!! Hence i couldn't get the baby seat back in the car. Was dumb struck!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

IMG_0090.jpg

parked outside work... By that wall 5 cars can park, 2 apces are for disabled. No one could park in there, becouse some lialia just parked across entrance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭vectra

steve06 wrote: »
    Park properly and it wont happen then! :P

I always do park properly.
    But think of the situation where I have to park badly because the clown that parked in the next space did so incorrectly and the only space left was the one I had no option only to park there. I go into store and come out to see the badly parked clown gone and a big dumb sticker plastered on my nice clean car.. How would you feel if it were you..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Little Mickey

While I was waiting in the car park at tesco the woman driver of this 4x4 parked like so and went in to do her shopping. The ignorance.
    Photo-0008.jpg

Bodhan wrote: »
    06072010(001).jpg
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/17147/119297.jpg
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/17147/119298.jpg

It is poor standard for Dublin City Council to let their employees perform poor parking like that, and even worst so with "Sensible parking" promotion advertisement plastered all over their vehicle. They get an F for parking skills.

If they want to promote "sensible parking" then they should be practice what they preach!!

Good Photos and a good catch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

:rolleyes:

DSCF3340-scale.jpg

conneem-TT wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

DSCF3340-scale.jpg
    Especially since there is a space for parking across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

that should be emailed them just to see what they say :)

While I was waiting in the car park at tesco the woman driver of this 4x4 parked like so and went in to do her shopping. The ignorance.
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/238930/119353.jpg
    It is not ignorance, It is a deliberate display of stupidity!! People like this should be demoted to a Provisional Licence and repeat their Driving Test.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

limklad wrote: »
    It is not ignorance, It is a deliberate display of stupidity!! People like this should be demoted to a Provisional Licence and repeat their Driving Test.

why quote and display the massively oversized picture?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

alexmcred wrote: »

Yeah often another car instigates it, forcing other cars to park over their space boundaries. When the offending car leaves, people often wrongly assume which driver is at fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

that should be emailed them just to see what they say :)

Done - to Dublin City Council.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement