Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭budfox

Haddockman wrote: »
    Nope. I use them all the time.

Sure.

Of course you do.

I love a bit of class...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 timelessone

Originally Posted by timelessone
    I drive a Jaguar XJ8- a large car, by any stretch of the imagination.

Now I'm not making excuses for poor parking but sometimes when I'm at the golf club I double park deliberately.

Hear me out....

I've seen too many XJ8s with dents from where other drivers, usually women, have opened their car doors through carelessness/jealousy and nicked the neighbouring Jag.

It's happened a few times to me. Thankfully the tube of British Racing Green coloured paint I keep in the glove compartment has been enough to conceal the damage but I live in fear of coming back from the 19th/Grand Canal Theatre/Shanahans on the Green and finding a dent too large for the paint to cover.

However, I do agree that double parking in smaller/less expensive cars is unforgivable.

Regards
    No, not working, can't fall for your wind up...Nobody, even rich jag driving golfers, are that stupid.
    E39MSport wrote: »
    ffs. That's ridiculous. There is no excuse for double parking unless your vehicle cannot actually fit into the space I guess.

I drive an Amazon and I don't double park. I also drive e31 and e39 and I don't double park those. Someone hit my 8er in a carpark recently and my answer to that is not to take it shopping etc ever again.
    mwrf wrote: »
    Obvious troll is obvious
    one rule for the rich and another for everyone else :rolleyes:

you are no better than any of the rest of them :mad:

119753.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

^ Reckon you've just made yourself a lot of friends now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

119753.JPG
    Mate - you're a dick! Double parking is one thing - but to take 2 disabled spaces makes you a gob$hite of the highest order and I honestly don't care if this post gets me a holiday from motors. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Obviously some kind of soft furnishing related emergency at Ikea today.

92EBFD4E7A87452480D4BB6F609853A5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

TJJP wrote: »

they are in B&Q all the fecking time.... at least 5 times a week.

from the patrol to the sergeant shopping.

they come in more often to shop than they do to deal with thieves ! !

one day it was 3 all at the same time.... unmarked Mondeo, Marked Yaris, marked mondeo and they didn't even come at the same time... all just browsing !!!!!

but fair play to the lads they can do decent parking all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

119753.JPG

How do the management at Delgany Golf Course feel about your parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

JustinOval wrote: »
    How do the management at Delgany Golf Course feel about your parking?

...indeed, worth an email that, justin, to them to ask ? ;)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Haddockman wrote: »
    Those spaces have no legal standing in any event.
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    +1 to haddock man. They have no legal standpoint and I will continue to park in them if they are free and the nearest available space.

Incorrect. In a private car park, as that is, they can make whatever rules they like.. Don't like them? Shop somewhere else........

...[edit]..I've just had pointed out to me, and thinking on the ones in the local centre.....the reason those spaces are where they are, are manifold
    1. Safety. Small kids exposed least possible to vagaries of wandering around a big car park.....which, btw, also means you'll be less likely to hit one, either......
    2. Spaces are also, usually, wider, so they don't swing out their doors to hit your vehicle.......and to allow buggies/car seats and related mayhem to be conducted in safety as well as without damaging nearest parked car. By doing what you do, then, you're actually inconveniencing not only 'parent's......but just other plain users of the car park...
    3. Oh, manners. Simple, really.
    [/edit]

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Would that be Garda timelessone??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

At least I got the missus to park correctly in IKEA yesterday :D

I was wishing I had my camera yesterday. I had squeeze by all the cars with a trolley. All abandoned on the same strecth apart from 1. The driver was in it. He was muttering as I was going past so I told him I didn't give a **** if the trolley scratched his car, he shouldn't be parked there. He kept his gob closed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

TJJP wrote: »

If they did that at some other car parks (Liffey Valley springs to mind), maybe there wouldn't be so many break-ins! They're visible and not causing an obstruction, benefits outweigh the negative imo.

119753.JPG

:D

well played, sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Top Dog wrote: »
    Mate - you're a dick! Double parking is one thing - but to take 2 disabled spaces makes you a gob$hite of the highest order and I honestly don't care if this post gets me a holiday from motors. :mad:

Banned for 3 days for personal abuse.

@timelessone - I'm still not convinced you're not trolling, please watch your step.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

robbie_998 wrote: »
    well if he's the delivery driver he's got the wrong take away :pac:

Don't worry... Craig has him caught on film :D

Look closeIMGP0008.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just found this in the camera.
    Paddy's Day Parade had signs up a couple days (the bright orange sign on the post) so people wouldn't park on the parade streets. This guy didn't care.
    68648.jpg

He came out ten minutes before the parade started and off he went in the beemer.
    Hero is some peoples eyes (and his own) but a tosser in mosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Absurdum wrote: »
    If they did that at some other car parks (Liffey Valley springs to mind), maybe there wouldn't be so many break-ins! They're visible and not causing an obstruction, benefits outweigh the negative imo.
    What, leave unattended Garda cars lying around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I was there yesterday. A PA call went out for a Mr whatever to contact security. Then three cops were talking to a guy with glasses and they went off looking for someone.

Something was going on and when the cops are answering a call, then they can park wherever they like. Just get the scummers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

They are clearly obstructing the pedestrian walkway, See the crossing leads into a walkway. Otherwise pedestrians have to walk on the road.
    they can park wherever they like. Just get the scummers.

Well within reason. Unless there is a serious threat to someone else or there is a sufficiently serious emergency they cant park somewhere that may endanger the lives of someone else. They could be sued otherwise

Hogzy wrote: »
    They are clearly obstructing the pedestrian walkway, See the crossing leads into a walkway. Otherwise pedestrians have to walk on the road.

I'm sure they'll survive :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

No pix of this I'm afraid but Friday afternoon, (after taking the picture at Mahon) picture this:

There are two lanes to exit the store, both of which run past the front door. It's ******* with rain. We all want to get home. It took me 20 minutes to even get OUT of the car park. Reason? Cars blocking the inside lane!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Only ONE was a taxi which had stopped to let an old lady out. The rest? Ignorant lazy bar stewards who couldn't be arsed to find a parking space, so decided to up brakes outside the front door so that they wouldn't get wet!! We even had one ****wit who decided to double park outside the store entrance so that his wife could load the shopping into the car....

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! WHY are people so inconsiderate?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

biko wrote: »
    Just found this in the camera.
    Paddy's Day Parade had signs up a couple days (the bright orange sign on the post) so people wouldn't park on the parade streets. This guy didn't care.
    He came out ten minutes before the parade started and off he went in the beemer.
    Hero is some peoples eyes (and his own) but a tosser in mosts.

Yep, but it looks like he might have had some pints and bums parked on his car, I can only hope he got a few nice dents and scratches for his trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

No pix of this I'm afraid but Friday afternoon, (after taking the picture at Mahon) picture this:

There are two lanes to exit the store, both of which run past the front door. It's ******* with rain. We all want to get home. It took me 20 minutes to even get OUT of the car park. Reason? Cars blocking the inside lane!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Only ONE was a taxi which had stopped to let an old lady out. The rest? Ignorant lazy bar stewards who couldn't be arsed to find a parking space, so decided to up brakes outside the front door so that they wouldn't get wet!! We even had one ****wit who decided to double park outside the store entrance so that his wife could load the shopping into the car....

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! WHY are people so inconsiderate?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Only have yourself to blame - you went shopping to Mahon and Wilton on the worst weekend in months - stay at home 'sham'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Actually, it was Friday when this happened. I won't even mention Saturday! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

Musgraves Sallynoggin last week.

Yes, tht is the line almost exactly under the middle of the car, like it had been measured to be exactly over the middle. Pretty good :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

coming out of work and some knob parked his merc across 3 disabled spaces and then ran, literally ran into the store just seconds before it closed. :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

robbie_998 wrote: »
    coming out of work and some knob parked his merc across 3 disabled spaces and then ran, literally ran into the store just seconds before it closed. :mad::mad::mad:
    What an ignorant cúnt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Reading through this thread really makes you wonder about some peoples thought-process.

There seems to be a rather large section of the population who think that it is perfectly acceptable to do what i call 'dumping' their car rather than parking it.

The carpark where i work is shameful some days. It's as if people literally just stop their cars where ever and just get out and leave them there.

Also my house is on the side of the road across from a GAA pitch and near a hair dressers. There are spaces outside the houses, clearly for the residents, running parallel to the road. Without fail, when it's a game day or if there's training on ignorant assholes will take up any and all of the empty spaces. They've even double parked and blocked residents cars in a few times, including myself one Sunday. It is the height of ignorance. The hair dressers is only open at weekends so you get massive hambeast soccer-mom types followed by flocks of mewling children parking their mini-buse/people carrier things over two spaces all day Friday and Saturday.

I've started boxing in people who take up my space and it got me into a shouting match with some asshole one day when i came back from work to find all of the spaces, including mine taken up. He didn't understand why it was bad that he'd parked outside my property in my parking space and i explained that he was free to do so if he agreed to pay my mortgage or at least let me go and park in front of his house for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,304 ✭✭✭markpb

Reading through this thread really makes you wonder about some peoples thought-process. There seems to be a rather large section of the population who think that it is perfectly acceptable to do what i call 'dumping' their car rather than parking it.

I firmly believe this is caused by a complete lack of moving or parking enforcement by Gardai. I don't know if it's because they're too busy, they don't care or they don't agree with the rules, but they don't enforce it so people think they can do what they like on the roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Took this a while ago on the phone - Tesco Roscommon. Missing the point of parent/child parking I guess.
    parking.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement