Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

You dont even wanna know the state of some parking at NUIG

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Caliden wrote: »
    You dont even wanna know the state of some parking at NUIG

You should have seen the upset I used to make delivering in a 17 tonne truck in the tunnell thingy in NUIG. I would just stop half way down. I once had to reverse because some vagabonds decided it would be funny to set fire to the bins during the night. Reversing a truck at 8:30am on a Monday morning with no alarm or rear camera 500 mtrs through a tunnell is not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Bloody astra crossing the white line:rolleyes:
    ON the white line (i.e not in 2 spaces:P:P)
    Berty wrote: »
    Pssstt. Its not even his. I saw his mother driving it(or older girlfriend) last night with him in the passenger seat. LOL :D
    Says he who has to get his boss' permission to get his car fixed:D

ninty9er wrote: »

Says he who has to get his boss' permission to get his car fixed:D

Im ok because I dont have to pay. Its suckers like you that have to pay to get your car fixed. SUCKER! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Lads, take your private banter to pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

peasant wrote: »
    Lads, take your private banter to pm

*whispers* What if we whisper??

*whispers* What if we whisper??

BAN HIM. JEHOVA JEHOVA JEHOVA

BTW Peasant. Dont worry, that is my last post in this thread off topic. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

BAN HIM. JEHOVA JEHOVA JEHOVA

BTW Peasant. Dont worry, that is my last post in this thread off topic. :o

Reported. What a rude and immature post. Are you 12?:rolleyes: I hope for your sake that there are no Jehovas Withness on here.

So has anyone got any more 'Obnoxious' parking stories? Lol at the OP's Incorrect spelling :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

@Cpaw - I think you need to be a Monty Python fan to understand Berty's post and it is not meant to be offensive towards JWs (I can't believe that I'm defending this).
    Anyhow, I'm quite tempted to close this thread but for the moment, I won't.

kbannon wrote: »
    @Cpaw - I think you need to be a Monty Python fan to understand Berty's post and it is not meant to be offensive towards JWs (I can't believe that I'm defending this).
    Anyhow, I'm quite tempted to close this thread but for the moment, I won't.

Kbannon, I had to a whole reply typed this morning when I saw this but then erased it and moved on with my life.

I felt the same, why should it be defended? It would be like a engineer complaining if I reffered to weighing a witch against a duck. :rolleyes:

Monty Pyhthon FTW. Its that time of year, surely Life of Brian is on the tv soon, maybe Cpaw can watch it. :D

* off to work with a fish to cut down some trees :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Now everyone back on topic before I lose my temper!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭highdef

Maybe you should read the Motors Charter

* No car registrations to be mentioned without photographic proof

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055037358

In fairness, is the photograph not photographic proof of the parking???:confused: I can't see any reason why the reg number can't be shown in the pic. Having said that, it's still there so it must be ok.

Oh, and if anyone as much thinks of taking up two spaces, as long as I can still fit my car nicely between the two lines beside them, I will go ahead and do it. Even if I'm an inch away from the drivers door of the adjacent car. I'm not going to go and mess up a whole line of parking spaces just because one person is unable to drive their car. It's so funny trying to see them clambering over the passenger seat to get to the drivers seat when they get back.....even funnier if they even attempt to complain to me. It's rare to meet the drivers though, unfortunately. I've had drivers attempt to say that my bad parking means they can't get into the car!!! hahaha. How stupid can some people be.
    And before someone says it, I don't look out for bad parkers....if I see a space that I can fit into, I'll park in it. I shouldn't have to go park somewhere else just for the dopes that can't park their car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

kbannon wrote: »
    @Cpaw - (I can't believe that I'm defending this).

Why?

Anyway I was too hungover today to stop and take a photo of it but its there every single day.

Its the new Hyundai **** box from our friends on the Tipperary road in Limerick.

Its parked on the traffic island blocking a footpath/wheelchair/blind person pebbledy type thing.

Its still there so here is a picture of it. It did manage to change colour though. Cheeky so and so's. Just before taking the picture a woman had to walk around it. AND before people wonder was I driving when I was taking it. Ironically I was parked up on the other footpath. LOL

but only to facilitate taking the photograph. BTW, they also park on the other footpath as well in the gravel. They are not in the way though. Their actual car park is overflowing with all their crappy jeeps nobody wants. LOL

PICT0683.jpg

Cpaw wrote: »
    Why?

You're posts make me laugh, before i wanted you gone, now you might as well stay.

@Berty, any pics of the bad parking we saw at the motors meet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

I posted this picture somewhere on boards before but i reckon its one of the worst parking job i have ever seen. I checked the windscreen for a disabled sticker but there wasnt one

Ah, good oul kilkenny people! Top of parnell street id be right yeh, thats the cathedral in the backround?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

@Berty, any pics of the bad parking we saw at the motors meet:D

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

I like their opening screen saying "Dont stick these on others peoples car like these people did". You can really believe the sincerety of selling something sticky that you should not stick. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

All they would do is put out a PA looking for the driver.

Ah you should have let them put out the announcement, thickest Limerick accents ever!!! Always makes me laugh :D

• Advertisement

Ah you should have let them put out the announcement, thickest Limerick accents ever!!! Always makes me laugh :D

Sort of as annoying as the scardy cat security guards in the Parkway shopping Centre in Limerick who one night put out an annoucement saying "get off of that" then "go home, will you" and "I told you lot already, get off that childs toy".

BTW they now have bought themselves the cheapest looking clamp ever but failed to buy the signage informing people of the clamp. Oh legal implications on the horizon me thinks :D The clamp looks like a steering wheel lock.

BTW they now have bought themselves the cheapest looking clamp ever but failed to buy the signage informing people of the clamp. Oh legal implications on the horizon me thinks :D The clamp looks like a steering wheel lock.

Maybe they're hired people to break into cars and put the locks on. Cheaper me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 modm3

Absolutely without question the worse, worse, worse parking is displayed with proud tradition in Limerick - it is truly shocking, the parkway, the cresent the city - OMG the city, on a Sunday it's a complete joke. You'd swear it was back in the early 70's when nobody had a car, you could park anywhere you liked. In Limerick city on a Sunday the traffic is often as bad as any other day of the week, purely due to 'effing arseholes parking on double yellows.

I could publish my own multi-volume picture collection of sh1te parking in Limerick, all over the place. I have had 3 cars utterly whacked by complete incompetance, twice in the cresent and once in the new Childers road Dunnes - each time our car was parked away (on purpose) from the idiots and each time over €500 damage done - we managed to get one spiteful woman who's excuse was "she was pregnant" - if you can't park a car due to your condition, then you shouldn't be driving one on the roads. Got nothing out of that one as the witness cried off !!!

I have reported and gotten successfully prosecuted a guy who nearly ran me off a footpath in Limerick, as he couldn't find a parking space - I got the height of abuse, he then left, for me to find his commercial landcruiser parked in a wheelchair access space --- Arghhh!!!! Straight up to the cops, pictures of both incidents and one of his "commercial" tax disc along with the very evident rear passenger seats complete with baby chairs - JUSTICE !!!!

Nees to calm down..........:cool:

modm3 you will be glad to hear that on Sunday when Arthurs Quay car park was full, Thomas Street was full, Henry Street was full, cruises street was closed and Cornmarket was full the cars spilled onto the streets as usual.

The Gardai were walking up to people sitting in their cars asking them to move but the cars without people in them were ignored. Easy option for the Gardai. Also, imagine shooting fish in a barrell by giving them all tickets.

Patrick Street is the worst. I dont mind other streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 modm3

modm3 you will be glad to hear that on Sunday when Arthurs Quay car park was full, Thomas Street was full, Henry Street was full, cruises street was closed and Cornmarket was full the cars spilled onto the streets as usual.

The Gardai were walking up to people sitting in their cars asking them to move but the cars without people in them were ignored. Easy option for the Gardai. Also, imagine shooting fish in a barrell by giving them all tickets.

Patrick Street is the worst. I dont mind other streets.

I am glad Berty, I managed to drag myself into town on Sat so I could avoid Sun - it's very frustrating, they're supposed to be attracting people to the city center but there seems to be a few disconnects in how best to achieve this. I saw the gardai ticketing cars parked in loading bays, but not double yellows :rolleyes:

Toyota are now making 5 seater motor cycles. :D

BTW, Im not bored that I drive around hoping to spot somebody parking badly. Its just the ones that are blindingly wrong. That is just blatantly wrong.

Car-2.jpg

I saw a great one today outside currys, a Navara pulled in around parked at an angle across two spaces. The woman was just getting in as i passed:P

I saw a great one today outside currys, a Navara pulled in around parked at an angle across two spaces. The woman was just getting in as i passed:P

Its got to be the one outside Harvey Norman where the jeep and trailer took up 7 or 8 spaces. Mad :confused:

Its got to be the one outside Harvey Norman where the jeep and trailer took up 7 or 8 spaces. Mad :confused:

Not an english reg by any chance?

• Advertisement

Not an english reg by any chance?

To be fair I guess they were probably collecting a couch or bed or whatever but parking like that is madness. No it was an L reg, not a pikey mobile either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement