Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! WHY are people so inconsiderate?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Because they dont want to get wet in the rain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

markpb wrote: »
    I firmly believe this is caused by a complete lack of moving or parking enforcement by Gardai. I don't know if it's because they're too busy, they don't care or they don't agree with the rules, but they don't enforce it so people think they can do what they like on the roads.

I know Gardai and the only thing they are interested in traffic wise is speeding and drunk driving. Moving people on or parking enforcement doesn't help with the monthly quotas the have to fill :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Zith wrote: »
    Took this a while ago on the phone - Tesco Roscommon. Missing the point of parent/child parking I guess.
    parking.jpg

That vehicle is parked that way because the driver is very skinny and the passenger is obese and needed the space to crawl out of the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Tesco Roscommon.[/IMG]

I dont think they know any better up there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

my post a few pages back.... pic here

i know you can't see much... very dark and phone quality but those cars are parked soo close together you can't actually fit between them.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1755/10072010013.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I've started boxing in people who take up my space and it got me into a shouting match with some asshole one day when i came back from work to find all of the spaces, including mine taken up. He didn't understand why it was bad that he'd parked outside my property in my parking space and i explained that he was free to do so if he agreed to pay my mortgage or at least let me go and park in front of his house for a bit.
    Is this on a public road? If so, it's not your parking space - we're all free to use it. Same with the road outside his house, if you do want to park there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Anan1 wrote: »
    Is this on a public road? If so, it's not your parking space - we're all free to use it. Same with the road outside his house, if you do want to park there.

I'm afraid I have to agree with Anan1 there; just because it's outside your house doesn't mean you own it, unless it's numbered of course...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Missing the point of parent/child parking I guess.

Missing the point of parking more like!

Anan1 wrote: »

It's in off the road and clearly marked into individual parking spaces. Common courtesy would dictate that you wouldn't park there any more than you'd park on a public road blocking the entrance to someones driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Was sitting opposite Supermacs in Athlone a few weeks back waiting for a bus. This one pulls up in a little Polo with L plates, goes against traffic to park on double yellows and on the corner of a turn on a busy Friday evening. If anyone knows where I'm talking about, you'll also know that there is a carpark on the other side of the path she parked beside. Couldn't believe the cheek of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

It's in off the road and clearly marked into individual parking spaces. Common courtesy would dictate that you wouldn't park there any more than you'd park on a public road blocking the entrance to someones driveway.

If the space is not your property or part of the house in someway then of course anyone can park there, you have absolutely no say over it whatsoever.

If the space is not your property or part of the house in someway then of course anyone can park there, you have absolutely no say over it whatsoever.

Can't the same be said about disabled and mother and child parking in non-clamping zones? There's no penalty for parking in these spaces so of course anyone can park in them but most people don't because it's a dick move to pull. It's simple courtesy.

I think i'm beginning to see where this whole problem comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was in Milddleton earlier in the Statoil next to the Toyota garage and there was a massive coach filling up so I could only go around it one way. There was then a blue MPV at the next pump, then another car, then another and finally I got to the last pump.

Whilst filling up I notice the women in the blue MPV having a fvcking picnic in her Toyota Picnic. She was eating a roll at the wheel and feeding her kids in the back. There were cars queuing for pumps.

I couldn't get the phone in time as I was filling the car and in a rush.

A FVCKING PICNIC!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Looks like Gers_punto learned to park correctly. I parked next to him to PROVE that two cars can easily take up two spaces with lots of room.

IMG_0015-1.jpg

Ironically right in front of us was this moron.

IMG_0016.jpg

Nice parking and Im going to guess the van at least has no buggy on board.

IMG_0017.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

cheers berty:D

as ye can see i have adopted a new approach to my parking at the end of the row as close to the edge of the space as i can.. It works a treat as berty has shown someone who parks properly beside me gives loads of room between us and even if some tool does park stupidly in the space beside it still gives oads of room.

So from an EX-obnoxious parker my apologises:) and for the rest of ye trying to warrant taing up 2 spaces give my new approach a shot ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Am sure some of the posters in here will love this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055926244

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Lads I have to say the worst place I have ever seen for parking is the Omni Shopping Center. I was there last week and between walking from the entrance to my own car I counted 14 cars parked across lines, in two spaces etc.

Now the spaces are quite small in that car park, but the amount of obnoxious parking was incredible. Almost worth heading there on a Saturday to have a look. :pac:

Also I went into Dunnes Stores in Ashbourne last sunday to pick up a few bits and pieces, and just after I parked (underground carpark), a woman came along and parked about 2 feet into the space next to her up near the entrance to the store. Anyway, when I came back down after shopping someone had parked their big f*ck off van right beside her, leaving about 5cms between them and her drivers door, so basically parked rightfully within their own space while also forcing the obnoxious parker to climb in from the passenger seat when they got back. I saluted that person in my head! :D

Hard to see, I've probably mistakenly marked bad parking, but probably missed some too - but this should give an idea of how bad the parking can be in the Omni

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

A clear demonstration of how not to park... I wouldn't mind if the wagon had a child but no, when tackled I was told to mind my own business and that her "friend" had a bad back.

A clear demonstration of how not to park... I wouldn't mind if the wagon had a child but no, when tackled I was told to mind my own business and that her "friend" had a bad back.

Does it melt when it gets wet or something? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

That car park is one of the worst I've seen, every time you go in there's at least 10 cars parked across two spaces, usually in the lines near the doors too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Some arsehole in a BMW decided parking right in the middle of two spaces in Clearwater Tesco Car Park was a good idea the other night. Times like that, it's tempting to reach for the key along the door.....

mooman wrote: »
    That car park is one of the worst I've seen, every time you go in there's at least 10 cars parked across two spaces, usually in the lines near the doors too.

I saw a car in the disabled spots there last Saturday, it had a warning notification in the window (no badge). First time I've seen that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

Bewleys, Newlands Cross this morning.

The Accord next to it wasn't much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Mahon Cork

5n8xuq.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 breda206

This is in an estate in Galway. This guy parks like this nearly every day, but this was one of his worst attempts. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

breda206 wrote: »
    This is in an estate in Galway. This guy parks like this nearly every day, but this was one of his worst attempts. :eek:

oooooh, I'd love to reverse the starlet up flush with his drivers door. Don't think the bimmer driver would be happy though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 breda206

E39MSport wrote: »
    oooooh, I'd love to reverse the starlet up flush with his drivers door. Don't think the bimmer driver would be happy though.

My feelings exactly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Tesco Ardkeen in Waterford
    Two fecking fools;
    4797160396_68333dddfe_b.jpg
    4796531697_a9c4736236_b.jpg
    The Polo was just echelon parked blocking one lane of traffic! At least the Mazda 3 was 'only' sticking out by a metre!
    I was also around at B&Q in Waterford, all the disabled spaces taken up by ordinary motorists - too many to take photos of!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

breda206 wrote: »

From what I can see, the MR2 is parked fine, the Starlet is arseways. The wall looks as if it curves inwards going towards the BMW, so the space between the MR2 and the BMW would be of no use to anyone parking perpendicular to the wall?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement