Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Hanley wrote: »
    I'm confused... you're upset that he left a 2m gap at the front of the bay, and think he should have parked in that gap and left a 2m gap (or slightly larger) where he's currently parked? What difference does it make?!

If the driver had pulled up to the front of the bay they would have left more space behind for other cars. No car can fit into that space, not even a Smart. Its parking space gone to waste., its basic cop on. The Volvo has done the right thing by pulling up to the Jeep (assuming the jeep was there first), not their fault the Jeep is parked like a prat.

If everyone decides to give themselves a few extra metres for no bloody reason it leaves less space for the rest of us. Its a very common problem with parking.

That'd be my thinking. Better to have more space at the front so the tyres might be in the box but a bit of a car could overhang the line rather than park right up to the line and no car can fit in at all.

Which is illegal and knowing Dublin would probably get you clamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

In front of the door to an apartment complex. There spaces along the left and the right. They were moving furniture, but it's still not that far to a space. Reversing in would of made more sense I would have thought. Was moved later on.
    UpS0E.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I've done the loading bay thing I have to say, no more than a few minutes though. When half the street is taken up by them, there's not a whole lot of other places to park.

oh that makes it Ok then that a hard pressed van or truck driver had to go round again then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

I've done the loading bay thing I have to say, no more than a few minutes though. When half the street is taken up by them, there's not a whole lot of other places to park.

What i do in that case is pull up alone side you and block you in. I then open the side/rear doors on top of the car scratching and denting it. I kept a fella in a loading bay one day for half an hour. His bimmer wasnt very happy. He rang the cops and all. They came down and ate him for parking there. :D:D

• Advertisement

whilst I wouldnt damage a vehicle, Ive done the blocking in bit myself.... and Ive also harassed a car driver by inching closer and closer until he moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

freighter wrote: »
    What i do in that case is pull up alone side you and block you in. I then open the side/rear doors on top of the car scratching and denting it. I kept a fella in a loading bay one day for half an hour. His bimmer wasnt very happy. He rang the cops and all. They came down and ate him for parking there. :D:D

..and you're left with a bill for the damage? That's clever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Dead right lad. I hate snots that think they can park anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 KCSO

Charlestown, Co Mayo.
    This is the only disabled spot on the main street.
    Frequently abused. both vehicles here had no permit.
    Excuse the quality.

IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

JustinOval wrote: »
    ..and you're left with a bill for the damage? That's clever.

Not at all. A few nice little scrapes do the job. They get the message then.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Not at all. A few nice little scrapes do the job. They get the message then.;)

Scratching and denting or a few little scrapes?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Not only did this twit block a full lane of taffic in this car park he also blocked a disabled space amd the footpath
    34pe3nq.jpg

15o9uzp.jpg

i personaly think this is a simply epic picture of all that is wrong with irish motoring the icing on the cake was the bad parking never mind the bushman repairs

osy73a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Gers_punto wrote: »
    i personaly think this is a simply epic picture of all that is wrong with irish motoring the icing on the cake was the bad parking never mind the bushman repairs

osy73a.jpg
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: WTF??? Hope the Gards do their job and lift the car!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Gers_punto wrote: »
    Not only did this twit block a full lane of taffic in this car park he also blocked a disabled space amd the footpath
    34pe3nq.jpg

it's ok, his hazards are on, delete immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Absurdum wrote: »

LOL.. Fffs There is parking spaces near the car. Stupid fool..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Absurdum wrote: »

They're not his hazards they're his park anywhere lights.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

ah be fair, he only has one wheel in the disabled bay....and one on the footpath.... (was he in the car? bit of an unfair nomination if he was...)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

He was probably buying crap for his crap in the crap shop in the nearby crap building.(not b&Q)

Funny I never knew there were disabled spaces in that lane. I never drive down that one because I keep further away from the gombeens who HAVE to park nearest to the door banging up each others cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Outside Liberty Hall Last week

That must have been stolen. It's facing the wrong way up a one-way street. In fact, that whole area is one-way, how did he even get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

corktina wrote: »
    oh that makes it Ok then that a hard pressed van or truck driver had to go round again then?

I should have been more clear, I use one specifically outside a post office when I have a boot load of 20-30kg parcels, for a matter of minutes. I don't know if you need to have a commercial vehicle or not, but I use it regardless if there are no spaces nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I should have been more clear, I use one specifically outside a post office when I have a boot load of 20-30kg parcels, for a matter of minutes. I don't know if you need to have a commercial vehicle or not, but I use it regardless if there are no spaces nearby.

Sounds a lot like "Loading" to me.

Sorry, but it isn't loading. Loading Bays are for commercials only and there is a very good reason for this.

No disrespect to Voodoomelon, (and yes dragging heavy parcels around is no joke) but a lot of the parking photos thrown up here are in the same category ...."sure I'm just popping in to pick something up...won't be a minute" and they block somebody who should rightfully be there.

I drove around Dublin for 3 years doing deliveries and all sorts and the amount of time a loading bay is blocked up by someone who has no right to be there is infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I can only imagine, noone seems to pay heed to them at all. The only times I use one is when unloading the parcels, its what I meant by "having done the loading bay thing".

Otherwise I don't do it, its just the particular place (clanbrassil st, dundalk) has 3 loading bays within 100 metres and the place is always packed. If a warden got me id try and explain I was unloading, suppose it depends on whether I got him on a good or bad day.

dosent matter what you are doing, if it isnt a commercial you cant use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

bijapos wrote: »
    Sorry, but it isn't loading. Loading Bays are for commercials only and there is a very good reason for this.

No disrespect to Voodoomelon, (and yes dragging heavy parcels around is no joke) but a lot of the parking photos thrown up here are in the same category ...."sure I'm just popping in to pick something up...won't be a minute" and they block somebody who should rightfully be there.

I drove around Dublin for 3 years doing deliveries and all sorts and the amount of time a loading bay is blocked up by someone who has no right to be there is infuriating.
    Would you mind taking photos's with number plates and post them up here. The more we take these photo's the more embarrassed those drivers will be when their neighbours/friend/family see it here and else where.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

So bad parking justifies vandalism? I'm interested to hear how the 'I park across two spaces because my car's so precious' brigade will feel about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

Might I humbly suggest that a lot of Irish parking spaces are too small?
    Bigger spaces would overcome a lot of the highlighted issues on this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

kazul wrote: »
    Might I humbly suggest that a lot of Irish parking spaces are too small?
    Bigger spaces would overcome a lot of the highlighted issues on this thread

No, less obnoxious people on the road would

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement