Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Blanchardstown shopping centre 23/07/10

parking.jpg

I have done the same...came back to find very unhappy driver...said he took 2 spaces to avoid getting his car marked. I told him he should have parked it down the end of car park which was empty. He wanted to have 2 spots right outside the entrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

mooman wrote: »
    No, less obnoxious people on the road would

If there were MORE obnoxious people on the road, there would be less obnoxious people in the car parks ;)

Seriously, parking spaces in a lot of shopping centres and car parks are just about bigger than a large saloon car. Ok if you don't plan on opening the doors.
    Is there anybody on here involved in car parks who can confirm if there is a minimum size? I doubt if there is any standard in place. It pisses me off especially when I pay for parking and the spaces are too small. Dublin airport is a good example, you can fit the car in ok but then try to open doors and boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

kazul wrote: »
    If there were MORE obnoxious people on the road, there would be less obnoxious people in the car parks ;)

Seriously, parking spaces in a lot of shopping centres and car parks are just about bigger than a large saloon car. Ok if you don't plan on opening the doors.
    Is there anybody on here involved in car parks who can confirm if there is a minimum size? I doubt if there is any standard in place. It pisses me off especially when I pay for parking and the spaces are too small. Dublin airport is a good example, you can fit the car in ok but then try to open doors and boot.

There is a minimum that parking spaces should be, I don't remember it. Their was somewhere that made the spaces too small and people complained and a fuss then started which is how I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Mylow wrote: »
    I have done the same...came back to find very unhappy driver...said he took 2 spaces to avoid getting his car marked. I told him he should have parked it down the end of car park which was empty. He wanted to have 2 spots right outside the entrance.

That photo is UNBELEIVABLE!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Orla K wrote: »
    There is a minimum that parking spaces should be, I don't remember it. Their was somewhere that made the spaces too small and people complained and a fuss then started which is how I heard.

2.5m by 5m is the size of a carparking space, but some people make them 2.4m by 4.8m - at this size however, you need to add on the thickness of the painted lines, which of course some people forget about, so you end up with even smaller spaces.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Aha touché :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Might I humbly suggest that a lot of Irish parking spaces are too small?
    Bigger spaces would overcome a lot of the highlighted issues on this thread
    It does not matter how big the spaces are, people will still park where they want to. for example, there are pictures in this thread of parking infront of shop doors yet there is plenty of parking elsewhere. It is just obnoxious behaviour by the driver who abandons their car in a way that they disturbs other people driving and parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

Anan1 wrote: »
    So bad parking justifies vandalism? I'm interested to hear how the 'I park across two spaces because my car's so precious' brigade will feel about that.

I never mentioned vandalism...:confused::confused:.

All i said was when people park in loading bays that i must stop as close to the car as possible. I do this so i wont hold up fellow road users..;)
    When i open the back/side doors the latches somehow catch the roofs of the cars and scratch them. Not a lot I can do about it. :)
    If you park your lovley car in a loading bay be prepared for close encounters with hgv`s and delivery vehicles.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And if the nice car happens to have commercial tax does he run the same risk of being scratched ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

koolkid wrote: »
    And if the nice car happens to have commercial tax does he run the same risk of being scratched ?

I actually seen a fella like above parked outside a loading bay that was full of cars drop a pallet and pallet truck on to a car bonnet. I think the pallet truck slipped on the tail lift because it was wet. He drove of after anyway. Maybe it was your man/woman above..;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

This was Parnell st in Dublin. Back end of a car sticking out causing obstruction, also snapped on my video cam :)

vlcsnap-2010-07-30-07h38m23s194.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not to mention the taxi at the start of that clip in the bicycle lane & on yellow lines...:D

Yeh, did ya not know cyclists are suppose to drive through vehicles? :D

I'm not sure if the taxi driver is sitting in the car or standing on the footpath as the driver window is down, his hazards should be on either way.

The Renault(thats a Renault yeh?..i'm brutal at car makes ;)) defo had no driver sitting in it as I had specifically had a quick glance at the drivers seat, car was just abandoned there out of carelessness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Mylow wrote: »

at least he was being honest about it! I go nuts when I see cars (normally BMWs) taking two spaces so I purposely squeeze right in beside it in my 10 year old Octavia:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

(Picture A) These 7 cars are all parked without occupants in a Set Down Area and Bus Stop at the entrance to Balally Luas Station. The problem is that when genuine cars pull up to drop off or collect passengers for the Luas, there is nowhere else for them to pull in to so they block the Pedestrian crossing (Picture B). Goods vehicles also need to pull up here to deliver to the Rockfield Lounge and the shops in the Rockfield Centre and have no choice but to double park and cause obstruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

(Picture A) These 7 cars are all parked without occupants in a Set Down Area and Bus Stop at the entrance to Balally Luas Station. The problem is that when genuine cars pull up to drop off or collect passengers for the Luas, there is nowhere else for them to pull in to so they block the Pedestrian crossing (Picture B). Goods vehicles also need to pull up here to deliver to the Rockfield Lounge and the shops in the Rockfield Centre and have no choice but to double park and cause obstruction.

I would have thought its a very easy place for the council to make money off people and have someone there regularly for that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

I would have thought its a very easy place for the council to make money off people and have someone there regularly for that...

I reported it to them last September, when the picture of the sliver car blocking the crossing was taken. They said the whole area was going to be re-vamped as the pedestrian lights are turned off, but it was subject to budgets. I took the picture of the row of cars again today to show them the same problem was happening almost a year later. They don't seem to be bothered, yet if you park up the road at the VHI, Centurion are on patrol!! I saw a guy in a motorised wheelchair trying to negotiate the access when a Guinness lorry was blocking the crossing, he had to go out on to the main road on the wrong side and it really put him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You know what. Im going to start taking pictures of XX Motors in Limerick who have been parking their cars(which are for sale) in the 2 hours parking bays for years outside their door.

The council ignored my e-mails and the traffic warden ignores them. Is it because they are not registered to anybody?

I saw a car one morning(normal real persons car) and the dealership blocked the car in with millimetres between their bumpers. Fvcking assholes!

EDIT Removed name. Will add back in dealers name when I actually put up a picture. Nobody should be immune.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dunno if this has been posted before, well worth a watch :)

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/woman-makes-her-own-parking-spot/1jrvcqv3i

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

This sod couldn't decide disabled or entrance so took both options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Berty wrote: »

The council ignored my e-mails and the traffic warden ignores them.
    Don't put up with being ignored or fobbed off. Escalate to the relevant Director or the County Manager or start chasing your local councillor to submit questions to the relevant area meeting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Supercell wrote: »
    Dunno if this has been posted before, well worth a watch :)

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/woman-makes-her-own-parking-spot/1jrvcqv3i

That was actually awesome, though this has got to be the slowest, crappiest, choppiest, most annoying website in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Feckin Terryland eh. Had my car dinged so many times in that car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Hee hee, no clue where the back of the car is. All i'll say is I doubt a man did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

biko wrote: »

ah faulty parking sensors. I'm not a German fan but I must say that's a nice coloured car and v nice Mg alloy wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Not even expensive cars (£1.2m) outside Harrolds (Londen) are safe from clamper's for illegal parking. I wish they were here to sort out the Obnoxious parking on our streets.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-10810772

_48542808_swns_harrods_clamps_01.jpg
    The Koenigsegg CCXR and Lamborghini Murcielago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Got a car belonging to a mod on boards that I must post up! :D

This may not seem a big deal from a distance but the back of this learners car is slighty backing onto the bus lane hence any other driver has to take precautions at this stage in fast moving traffic. This learner could not park straight and is also parked at the exit from a garage and yes the bus lane was opened to general traffic at the time!

vlcsnap-2010-07-31-01h27m55s71.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭marious

why wouldn't he/she pull in to the garage?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement