Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

whyulittle wrote: »
    55A6D7D836EB47B6BBFBFBB6A5C09674.jpg

Don't really blame this guy, that space isn't suitable for parking in as if you were between the lines you wouldn't be able to get out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

gurramok wrote: »
    This may not seem a big deal from a distance but the back of this learners car is slighty backing onto the bus lane hence any other driver has to take precautions at this stage in fast moving traffic. This learner could not park straight and is also parked at the exit from a garage and yes the bus lane was opened to general traffic at the time!
    That dotted line on the footpath indicates a cycle path, not a parking space.
    copacetic wrote: »
    Don't really blame this guy, that space isn't suitable for parking in as if you were between the lines you wouldn't be able to get out

Reverse in, drive out. It's your only man.

Reverse in, drive out. It's your only man.

Assuming you haven't got any passengers! it also looks like it would be quite a difficult reverse if the trollery shelter extends out as much as it looks like it does! I agree, but the area shouldn't be painted as a space to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

First selfish moron of the day.........

122190.JPG

This, this is a new one.

Oversized barge in small space. Driven in. Bike rack projecting half way way back into the lane, behind (angle doesn't show well, here...). I could care less if a Scania came by and took the whole rear end off, tbh, but what about some poor Joe/Josephine Soap, in their car ?

122191.JPG

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

marious wrote: »
    why wouldn't he/she pull in to the garage?

Million dollar question :D
    That dotted line on the footpath indicates a cycle path, not a parking space.

I didnt say it was a parking space? Its parked obnoxiously as per topic causing an obstruction to oncoming bus lane traffic and to cars leaving the garage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

pure laziness :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Absurdum wrote: »
    but HE didnt park in disabled space.;)

cats.life wrote: »

it was a bit too far for him to walk

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Gers_punto wrote: »
    Not only did this twit block a full lane of taffic in this car park he also blocked a disabled space amd the footpath
    34pe3nq.jpg

Eh, is he also parked on the pedestrian crossing?

Parking on the Path, Disabled parking, Road and pedestrian crossing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

copacetic wrote: »

sooo...why didnt he park in the second space then instead of making it unuasable for everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

marious wrote: »
    why wouldn't he/she pull in to the garage?

because (maybe) he/she is a learner on their first lesson having a crisis?

corktina wrote: »
    sooo...why didnt he park in the second space then instead of making it unuasable for everyone else.

brainfart?:p: Hard to say, prob just checked his right and thought he was in the spot? Bad driving right enough, but silly space..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭marious

sometimes you have to squeeze in to make it to the door, because laziness forced somebody to pull in the way that when he opens the door he has only 3 feet to the entry door, but still not good enough, if he could he would prefer to drive into the shop and pay by opening the window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Manor West Shopping Ctr Tralee.

2le2kjn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Those tree squares don't make good parking very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

cats.life wrote: »
    Nah, but he did park in the hatched area that is often essential for disabled drivers when lifting a wheelchair in or out of the car. It's not there for decoration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Hey I had a thought. Since people are so willing to take photos and post them, why don't we come up with some sort of a sticker system or even just a scrap of paper under the wiper that you then photograph along with poor parking example, saying something like "Smile - you and your obnoxious parking are on the INTERNET!"

Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

tommy21 wrote: »
    Hey I had a thought. Since people are so willing to take photos and post them, why don't we come up with some sort of a sticker system or even just a scrap of paper under the wiper that you then photograph along with poor parking example, saying something like "Smile - you and your obnoxious parking are on the INTERNET!"

Thoughts?

Perhaps a hard to remove sticker with a link to this website so everone can see that he / she is an inconsiderate idiot.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Perhaps a hard to remove sticker with a link to this website so everone can see that he / she is an inconsiderate idiot.. :D

Watch out. Some people might see that as a good idea and without boards.ie directors permission we would get in a world of trouble.

Let's be frank.(you can be John) Nobody is going to sanction bringing disrepute on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Or maybe a piece of paper you can put under the wiper blade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Mc Love wrote: »
    Or maybe a piece of paper you can put under the wiper blade?

Or maybe just leave private property alone?

so I thought that was bad, same place today...

he entered through the exit, waited for me to get out of the way when I was leaving the shop so he could line up right at the door, then drove out through the entrance lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

68299.jpg

:pac::pac::pac: Deadly drawing!

I'm terrible at parking but Run to the hills' pic shows there are loads of parking spaces in the backround, forground etc. I know I should park properly but if there are 200 additional car parking spaces and your just going into Tescos for 10mins, its a waste of environmental clean air to repark and its not a millionth as much of a crime as say 'Dark Knights' photo example above unless your car is a 10 BMW or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

This guy ran out of steam before he got all the way into the space

122349.jpg

I realise the space is actually a little small, but rather than parking badly and blocking about 4 other spaces, how about not parking there!

122350.jpg

I got great glee in seeing this handicap-space hogger get ticketed. :D

122351.jpg

An obnoxious Taxi driver?? Well I never... :eek:

:D

122352.jpg

A perfectly placed Volvo

122353.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I found this amusing last week, pass it on, Blackpool retail park, :D

CObTi.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 rob230te

Some from the weekend. I parked the Laguna.
    DSC00172.jpg

Think this guy has been posted before.
    DSC00173.jpg

DSC00175.JPG
    DSC00176.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement