Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭marious

rob230te wrote: »
    Some from the weekend. I parked the Laguna.
    DSC00172.jpg

Think this guy has been posted before.
    DSC00173.jpg

DSC00175.JPG
    DSC00176.jpg

guy in tuareg probably know when they're collecting rubbish ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

marious wrote: »
    guy in tuareg probably know when they're collecting rubbish ;)

Guy in the Jeep is XXX, whom owns the Spar a few doors up. He couldn't give a hoot to be honest.

Berty wrote: »
    Guy in the Jeep is XXX, whom owns the Spar a few doors up. He couldn't give a hoot to be honest.

if he only could be embracing other drivers as much as hes supporting munster rugby team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

tommy21 wrote: »
    Hey I had a thought. Since people are so willing to take photos and post them, why don't we come up with some sort of a sticker system or even just a scrap of paper under the wiper that you then photograph along with poor parking example, saying something like "Smile - you and your obnoxious parking are on the INTERNET!"

Thoughts?

Or perhaps a sticker that one could stick on people's pc monitors saying something like ‘read the thread’ would be useful too.

Anyways... does looking for a parking space count?

E49FC928682B457986BDE2C890FFF4F5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

TJJP wrote: »
    Or perhaps a sticker that one could stick on people's pc monitors saying something like ‘read the thread’ would be useful too.

Anyways... does looking for a parking space count?

E49FC928682B457986BDE2C890FFF4F5.jpg

Garda also breaking rules driving up a one way street!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

In relation to parking over two spaces ...... I can understand why

I am sick to the back teeth of coming back to find doors dented or bumpers scuffed.....

What do you do if you ding some else car ? Do you run for cover and run away or take some responsibility for your actions and fess up ....

Stupid ****ing thread if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Peteemax wrote: »

Prepare to be told they're exempt from all normal rules under the road traffic act ;) Doesn't matter how fuc$ing stupid a thing they might be up to , they have carte blanche :p

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

Peteemax wrote: »

The parked 5 series is ok. It is on a single yellow line outside business hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

kyote00 wrote: »
    In relation to parking over two spaces ...... I can understand why

I am sick to the back teeth of coming back to find doors dented or bumpers scuffed.....

What do you do if you ding some else car ? Do you run for cover and run away or take some responsibility for your actions and fess up ....

This argument has been made earlier in the thread (ask Gers_Punto), there are many many wonderful reasons for not taking up two spaces with your precious car.

If you think the thread is stupid, you should ignore it rather than posting in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Thanks, but we didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Stupid ****ing thread parking if you ask me

Fixed that for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

OK, OK, he's got the message... moar pics please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

http://www.appealnow.com/media/uploads/Bingo.mpg

We shouldn't laugh really, but...... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Eglington Street, Galway on Saturday:
    1.jpg

Further up the same street:
    13-1.jpg

Over in Westside/Shantalla:
    12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

96CB261583F248B480020E722D03058A.jpg

He was probably afraid of another car close by scratching it.

47B43402B54649BCAAECE05AF07AB4B2.jpg

890923205AF34D52B2CDE52F841B09E9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

A few from the weekend..

Liffey Valley.. Cars parked up on the grass and path.
    photo0386d.jpg

Knocklyn shopping centre.
    photo0388m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Spotted this in the Omni shopping centre car park.

Fécker is taking up three spaces.

Took this pic when heading into the centre, came out an hour later and was still there.

IMG20100803_001.jpg

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

^^ bastárd had no NCT either haha

Spotted this in the Omni shopping centre car park.

Fécker is taking up three spaces.

Took this pic when heading into the centre, came out an hour later and was still there.

IMG20100803_001.jpg

/thread

btw this is the way to paint car park spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

This is the carpark from where I work, I came out at lunchtime one day to find a car parked on a yellow box... “Ah goodluck” I thought, Oh but it doesn’t end there :eek: It just so happens that the exact place at where the owner parked her car is the only way in and out of the carpark, so she basically blocked the entrance and exit of the carpark

photo1Small.jpg

Soon enough, we had people trying their best to squeeze by, desperate to get home and to lunch, pick up kids etc etc

photo2Small.jpg

photo3Small.jpg

An hour later, and after a call to the guards she came back from the restaurant to a lot of disgruntled people :mad:
    You can see in that last pic, cars in the background trying to come into the carpark but are also blocked by this silly drivers parking!! Madness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

Surprised people didn't deposit their recyclables through that hole in her soft top.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

ando wrote: »
    This is the carpark from where I work, I came out at lunchtime one day to find a car parked on a yellow box... “Ah goodluck” I thought, Oh but it doesn’t end there :eek: It just so happens that the exact place at where the owner parked her car is the only way in and out of the carpark, so she basically blocked the entrance and exit of the carpark

Soon enough, we had people trying their best to squeeze by, desperate to get home and to lunch, pick up kids etc etc

An hour later, and after a call to the guards she came back from the restaurant to a lot of disgruntled people :mad:
    You can see in that last pic, cars in the background trying to come into the carpark but are also blocked by this silly drivers parking!! Madness!

And the truly tragic thing is that she won't have learnt ANYTHING from this, probably do it again next week, should she ever get a ticket she will fight it to the last and should there be as much as the tiniest scratch on her car she will begin a merciless manhunt for the mindless scum that vandalised her car. Makes you sick.
    Really, every car park should have a crane and a crusher.
    Anyone who pulls that kind of sh*t gets lifted and crushed, then charged E300 administration fee for processing the waste and some changes to the law will have to be made so their insurance company won't cover them. Maybe losing a car without compensation and having to buy another one will eventually have some tiny impact on people's behaviour.
    And even then people won't learn.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

that got to be in the top 10, what an idiot! I'm surprised people were patient that long and didn't bounce it out of the way toward the recycling bins so they could squeeze by...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

What did she say? Did anyone confront her?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭911s

Two more beauties!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

If I was in that car park I woudln't see who smashed her window to put down the handbrake and roll it into the nearest wall or w/e if if I so happened to help that said person. As far as I was aware the car wasn't even there when I was o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

This happened to us a couple of years ago, Lexus driver blocked 4 vans and 11 lads into a car park, he was parked on a double yellow.

We called the Guards, they called a tow truck. Before the truck showed up yer man showed up and left. Boss billed him for 1.5 hrs x 11 lads x €28.00. The bill came back, was sent to him again with a solicitors letter, he paid "as a goodwill gesture":rolleyes:.

He was billed for the tow truck too it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Newry's finest:

micra.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Salthill, Galway. Over hanging the path just a tiny little bit...
    IMG_5410.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

911s wrote: »
    Two more beauties!

Fookin taxi drivers abandoning cars across disabled spots again.. That's twice in the last couple of pages.. Hero's!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement