Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Berty wrote: »
    To be fair I guess they were probably collecting a couch or bed or whatever but parking like that is madness. No it was an L reg, not a pikey mobile either.

Weird, although it'd be awkward reversing the caravan into one space, and the jeep into the other:P

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭blanco

Just got to love the Orwell Shopping Center for 'good' parking

Not to mention Dunnes at Kill-a-Banana.
    The woman in the picture look horrified when I took this. Wonder if she ever parked there again?:p

The second shot was taken at the petrol station in Dublin Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

blanco wrote: »
    Just got to love the Orwell Shopping Center for 'good' parking

That Almera's not parked is it?:eek:

ninty9er wrote: »
    That Almera's not parked is it?:eek:

When the old codger saw me standing there, he moved it up so the front wheels touched the kerb. Essentially, the back end was still out there...
    He said, 'won't be long. Back in a minute'. And went off. :eek:
    Two cycle cops went by a few seconds later, but didn't do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Ryath

The parking is what first got my attention first pretty bad but what I've come to expect in the town in question, could take pics like it all day. Something else though made me think it was worth taking a pic. Sorry about poor image had to crop from a long shot but the item in question should be discernable. Had wanted to get a closer pic but the wife wouldn't let me out of the car.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Ryath wrote: »
    The parking is what first got my attention first pretty bad but what I've come to expect in the town in question, could take pics like it all day. Something else though made me think it was worth taking a pic. Sorry about poor image had to crop from a long shot but the item in question should be discernable. Had wanted to get a closer pic but the wife wouldn't let me out of the car.:(

Is that outside SuperValu in Moate by any chance??

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Is that outside SuperValu in Moate by any chance??
    Supermacs actually where the inconsiderate parker went into.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

Ryath wrote: »
    Something else though made me think it was worth taking a pic. Sorry about poor image had to crop from a long shot but the item in question should be discernable.

What is this discernable item you speak off?

What is this discernable item you speak off?
    Passanger side dash board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Looks like a can of cider.

Looks like a can of cider.
    Clonmels Finest. Was open as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Holy thread resurrection, Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

OK, I firmly disagree with people who are not disabled parking in a disabled parking spot but on the other hand, does anyone agree in some places there are way too many disabled parking spaces?

Go to Mahon Point Shopping Centre and you will see a classic example of this.
    Now please don't go shooting me down but I feel it's a case of PC gone OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

OK, I firmly disagree with people who are not disabled parking in a disabled parking spot but on the other hand, does anyone agree in some places there are way too many disabled parking spaces?

Lol, you could turn it around, and say is there not too many unmarked parking. They have to allow for the fact that any number of disabled people can use a parking lot at the same time. Most of the disabled parking is just outside the doors of the shopping centres etc., are we're not that lazy that we need to park there now are we? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I only wish they would enforce the Disabled places by fining people using the spaces, who are not dissabled, but are indeed retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

If there are too many I wouldn't have an issue with it. If that is a perk of being disabled so be it.

Most of the disabled parking is just outside the doors of the shopping centres etc., are we're not that lazy that we need to park there now are we? :P

I agree, we are not that lazy (well I'm not anyway) but I've often seen cars parked up on kerbs and verges etc and then I see about 5 or 6 empy wheelchar spaces...anyway, no point in going about it cos the do-gooders will always take what I'm saying up incorrectly.

I only wish they would enforce the Disabled places by fining people using the spaces, who are not dissabled, but are indeed retarded.

that would be good to see. I once saw a tradesman's van pull up outside a Tesco and park in a wheelchair space. The yob hops out and walks into the store, not giving a damn about where he's parked.
    So I went to the security/facilities desk of the shopping centre and said it to the staff there. They said they will sort it out.
    I waited around to see if they would do anything and no, they did nothing the useless, lazy dopes.
    That's the problem, no enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

I agree. But then again if I was disabled I don't know if I would agree! Its a hairy issue and I usually get shot down when I mention it when looking for a space!

I worked with a Civil Engineer a few years ago and was involved in the planning of a Doctors surgery. There has to be so many disabled spaces for x number of parking spaces with a minimum of one in every public area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Zombie thread but at least its MY zombie:

How fuppin' hard is it to park in a space in the middle of the car park. Jeez

PICT0707.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Wow. Someone's terrified of kerbing their hubs :P

But wtf is going on with that wee grassy triangle? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You should come to UL this week. Autumn conferrings are on. Cars abandoned everywhere with mammy and daddy crowding in to see their "baby" graduate. At least they made pay car parks free for the week to alleviate the problem a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Solitaire wrote: »

But wtf is going on with that wee grassy triangle? :confused:

Those crazy Athlone Folk :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 micko2009

Its the same at Carrickmines retail park.. Crazy crazy amount of disabled spaces that are never used. Not giving out really but it seems like bad planning to me.. One thing about disabled spaces but mother & child only spaces in Dundrum, nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

micko2009 wrote: »
    Its the same at Carrickmines retail park.. Crazy crazy amount of disabled spaces that are never used. Not giving out really but it seems like bad planning to me..

Best practice internationally would suggest 3% to 5% of spaces should be allocated for disabled people. That's a fairly huge car park at Carrickmines!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Just had to take a snap of this one from yesterday in Liffey Valley shopping centre.
    Plenty of spaces free as it was the afternoon why you would park there is beyond me.

92298.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

this thread needs stickying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭omega man

micko2009 wrote: »
    Its the same at Carrickmines retail park.. Crazy crazy amount of disabled spaces that are never used. Not giving out really but it seems like bad planning to me.. One thing about disabled spaces but mother & child only spaces in Dundrum, nonsense.

That would be 'Parent and Chlid'. Nonsense to you maybe but they are handy for those of us with little ones in tow. I never park in them unless i have the kids even though i always have a car seat or 2 in the back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭crocro

This driver has just been careful not to park her car too close to the kerb.

parking.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement