Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Newry's finest:
    Are we nitpicking now? It's not doing any harm to anybody.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are we nitpicking now? It's not doing any harm to anybody.

Thought the same myself. No harm with that parking at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭padunne

GalKiefer wrote: »
    Eglington Street, Galway on Saturday:
    1.jpg

Further up the same street:
    13-1.jpg

Over in Westside/Shantalla:
    12.jpg

The last one looks like fine wines. If it is he would more than likely have driven in the exit in order to park like that. Spaces are very easy to park in if you drive in the RIGHT way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

5uspect wrote: »
    What did she say? Did anyone confront her?

I was sitting in my car at the back of the carpark waiting to go and all of a sudden all that could be heard was "SORRY EVERYONE"... and that was that, the engine was quickly started and she drove off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

padunne wrote: »
    The last one looks like fine wines. If it is he would more than likely have driven in the exit in order to park like that. Spaces are very easy to park in if you drive in the RIGHT way.

Yep, got it in one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Another taxi driver.

122712.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

koolkid wrote: »
    122712.jpg

parking on the footpath
    parking on double yellows
    parking on a cycle lane.

good man :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

parking on the footpath
    parking on a cycle lane.

Ah but his hazards are on so its ok... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

GalKiefer wrote: »
    Ah but his hazards are on so its ok... :rolleyes:

Hazards are gods gift to drivers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

parking on the footpath
    parking on a cycle lane.

They're the 4th emergency service doncha know....

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Chippy01

Avoca.jpg?t=1280954628

Avoca Handweavers this afternoon........
    wouldn't you just love to see a couple of coach parties arrive...:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Athlone, yesterday

02082010075mediumf.jpg

Carrickmines a few weeks back. I'd swear the dozy bint driving it had a skinful of wine for lunch as she nearly cut me up 3 times on the roundabouts on the way up there before she planted the car like this

16072010063medium.jpg

And lastly, in Mullingar today. **** car. Badly parked. Across 2 disabled bays.

04082010076medium.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Nice post count whoring FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

KamiKazi wrote: »

Multiple posts on same thread don't count anymore. Maybe you were too busy achieving the lofty heights of 4,478 with your quality posts to notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

KamiKazi wrote: »

That's how I did it on a previous page. I nearly think it's better to have one pic for post because people have a habit of quoting your post including pics, and often will quote a post with 5 pics just to comment on one. It's probably a little more efficient to break them out so they can be commented on separately.

My €0.02

TJJP wrote: »
    Multiple posts on same thread don't count anymore. Maybe you were too busy achieving the lofty heights of 4,478 with your quality posts to notice.

Feel free to take your sarcasm down a notch or two.

If you have an issue with a post, please report it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭marious

-Chris- wrote: »
    Feel free to take your sarcasm down a notch or two.

If you have an issue with a post, please report it.

why wouldn't You say something to KamiKazi? hes started trolling around and the other fella is right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

marious wrote: »
    why wouldn't You say something to KamiKazi? hes started trolling around and the other fella is right

FFS - For Forks Sake.

He wasn't trolling, I found it mildly amusing.

• Advertisement

marious wrote: »

Because of this:
    JustinOval wrote: »
    FFS - For Forks Sake.

He wasn't trolling, I found it mildly amusing.

I made the same judgement call and don't feel it's an issue.

I asked people to report posts they had an issue with (and this post has been reported and I made my judgement call), but you've decided to call me out on thread.

If you do it again you'll be taking some time off for back seat moderating.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Besides your all a fair bit off my post count.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

If you want to boost your post count, there is always the "after hours" section and the"Lets count to a million threads!

Oops, I just added another to mine:D

OK, enough with the post count schtick, back on-topic please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Ah the aul set down only lark

The red car in the car park was the woman's second attempt at parking!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Down along Hannover Quay;

20100804143901.jpg

She was parked there for a good 20 minutes. The van driver didn't try to move during this time, but he'd have had a tough job if he had! :rolleyes:

20100804151057.jpg

Didn't get a great angle on this, as she parked just as I was about to pull out. This is the same bay as above, moments after the van had left. Took her a while to get in straight, and then reversed back as close to the bumper of the Micra as she could manage.

It looks like she's left room for another car in front, but if you use the fella as a sort of guide (or look at the positioning of the old yellow line in the 2 pictures), there's only a few feet there, I'd guess about 5ft. Had the Micra driver come back to leave before this lady had left they'd have had to go up and over the kerb to get out, and the bay (which is able to take 2 estates with a more than comfortable gap between them if used correctly) is then unusable to anything larger than a Yaris or something while she's parked there.

It's a right pain round that way, there's several bays like this, and you get a lot of planks managing to take enough space for 2 large cars with a Polo, and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

4 cars in a loading bay and beyond that 3 parked in a bus lane, all during work hours. Outside Lidl in Rathmines.

august 05 2010 001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Seen this one on Blanchardstown shopping centre, beggars belief. Should be classed as abandoned not parked!! :)
    95CC2BD04DE143B9AFDDF2E18E1AAF84-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

Borderfox wrote: »
    Seen this one on Blanchardstown shopping centre, beggars belief. Should be classed as abandoned not parked!! :)
    95CC2BD04DE143B9AFDDF2E18E1AAF84-800.jpg

That is unreal :eek: :rolleyes:. I thought it was bad during the week in Tescos in Paul street in Cork when a dopey bint decided to go back around (instead of going up to the next floor) and ended up going the wrong way against the cars on the same level but this takes the cake big time. How could anyone be that thick :confused:??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Mahon Point SC 05/08/10

Third one looks ok until you see the fourth

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement