Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Mahon Point SC 05/08/10

Third one looks ok until you see the fourth

Ahh I parked in Mahon Point last night for 2 hours and I was hoping to her here her on this post... no such luck. Pity. Must try again. :)

TBH I don't see the problem with the little Corsa in the large parking space. It looks like there are a few bike spaces alongside... but that space the Opel is in looks 'car sized'... ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

The big yellow motorbike sign next to it is a giveaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Some quality parking outside the Rotunda a few weeks ago. Snapped while on the bus, excuse the poor quality as it came from my phone.

122959.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Some quality parking outside the Rotunda a few weeks ago. Snapped while on the bus, excuse the poor quality as it came from my phone.

rushing your missus to the maternity ward is one of the few things that excuse such carry on tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Riskymove wrote: »
    rushing your missus to the maternity ward is one of the few things that excuse such carry on tbf

Agreed although the poor fecker probably came back to a clamped car...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Agreed although the poor fecker probably came back to a clamped car...

Once there was a healthy baby involved i'd doubt he was bothered too much.. i know i wouldn't be

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

You're all assuming that the driver was rushing an expectant mother to the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Maybe the driver was an expectant mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

JustinOval wrote: »
    The big yellow motorbike sign next to it is a giveaway.

Not really TBH.... the road markings kindof indicate a wider vehicle... maybe a 3 wheeler? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

mooman wrote: »

Maybe the driver was an arsehole who couldn't be bother to park properly......because they're worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

mooman wrote: »

So what. When the make "Expectant Mother" spaces then I will say FINE but at the monent they cannot and wont because you will have a fat stick man blob of paint on the spot and all the fat women of the world(not pregnant just fat) will park there.

Where do the Fat men park or the expectant fathers? Sexist I say FREAKING SEXIST! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

God for some reason this thread annoys me so much. I mean if I see someone badly parked yeah its frustrating, but I wouldn't bother taking a photo of it, never mind posting it up on the internet, just so other people can say 'Oh yeah, she's badly parked' as well.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

God for some reason this thread annoys me so much. I mean if I see someone badly parked yeah its frustrating, but I wouldn't bother taking a photo of it, never mind posting it up on the internet, just so other people can say 'Oh yeah, she's badly parked' as well.

this thread has inspired me to put my camera in the car so I can post photos of all the retards I encounter :)

That said I forgot it today :(

this thread has inspired me to put my camera in the car so I can post photos of all the retards I encounter :)

That said I forgot it today :(

I forgot it yesterday when I saw a big merc across two disabled spaces off Grand Parade in Cork. The clampers must have gotten him as he was truly asking for it.

I had it today. When I find the USB I will post them up. One car park. Multiple assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Don't read/partake in thread?

Radical thought I know.....but worth a shot surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

It's only a bit of fun, it allows people to release their frustration and have a laugh.

You should take a picture of this thread and post it on the internet. Give it a go. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Noopti wrote: »
    Don't read/partake in thread?

Radical thought I know.....but worth a shot surely.

It went 1,212 posts before I had to post my thoughts. Always seeing it on the first page whenever I click into Motors got annoying after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

It went 1,212 posts before I had to post my thoughts. Always seeing it on the first page whenever I click into Motors got annoying after a while.

I come to the Motors forum just to look at this thread as I find it hilarious seeing what kind of muppets appear here every day (the bad parkers...not the posters ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

RED LETTER DAY today.I had no camera but 9am this morning they were lifting a car out of the loading bay on Half Moon Street Cork....yay!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Its a bit of fun. If you dont like it then dont open it. If you dont want to appear in it then park properly... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

corktina wrote: »
    RED LETTER DAY today.I had no camera but 9am this morning they were lifting a car out of the loading bay on Half Moon Street Cork....yay!!!!

Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.
    I wonder was his excuse:
    A: "I was only gone for a minute"
    B: "But I had to pick up a small parcel, isn't that loading?"
    C: "But I have a parking disc, doesn't allow me to park anywhere I want?"
    or, of course,
    D: "I have a slight pain down my left side, that practically qualifies me as disabled"

In Superquinn Car Park Limerick. There were other offenders but I was distracted by pesky work. :rolleyes:

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

See the Astra. That is nicely parked. :D

IMG_0042.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

What frustrates me is the fact that the people who park like that never seem to get a ticket, clamped, towed, have their car crushed like most of the deserve.
    Ideally it would be all the above, then put the person up on stage with some VERY bright lights on them, camera, large crowd, microphone shoved in their face with the question "what the hell where you thinking parking like that" which would then be followed by half an hour of them being pelted with rotten fruit and eggs from the audience.
    Instead these people abandon their car without a thought, wander off to get themselves a choc ice, return oblivious to the fact they're causing an obstruction and drive off thinking "oh, isn't it a lovely day"
    So taking the piss out of them even though they will never know it is the only thing we can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

So taking the piss out of them even though they will never know it is the only thing we can do.

Or we could do this: (just saw it on failblog & thought id repost for those not fimilar with said site)

1cf24fd0-fb88-4dc2-b2d1-fb15ac246006.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Why do you assume that it is only women who park badly?

This is not a sexist thread - men park badly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

P.C. wrote: »
    Why do you assume that it is only women who park badly?

This is not a sexist thread - men park badly too.

Lies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

A few from the weekend..

Liffey Valley.. Cars parked up on the grass and path.
    photo0386d.jpg

i kinda have to disagree with this one and other similar one's in shopping centers.

i have being to LV on the worst of days and it can take forever to get a space and i don't mind people like this because they are not blocking anything... this happens quite a lot and you do get people that park half on grass half on road who are muppets.

but for these two i think its fine because there is simply no parking in LV on a day like that unless you go looking for ages for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

1B744520C8354A469146409C42528DA5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Saw the following in Bunratty Castle car park today!!! The junker stod out like a sore thumb.

111ck.jpg

222nz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

DonJose wrote: »
    Saw the following in Bunratty Castle car park today!!! The junker stod out like a sore thumb.

He's just protecting his paintwork.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement