Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Cherrywood Ind estate. Without fail every day there will be someone parked where the A class is. not a space, driving area.

To be fair, he's not the only plonker, looks like there's someone parked opposite him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

thats some walk to your bank,
    C reg, D Reg GReg, WH, MH etc you must have walked 100's of miles :D

whyulittle wrote: »
    All from a quick walk to the bank.

6176191F6D9B4A99AF103D32F45D4B7F.jpg

F63295F415A24B12907AAD14C95BB3D3.jpg

In a loading bay, double yellows and back end sticking out in the street.
    B66EC716849249129404516861DC9AD4.jpg

DB1C6C309E954065A2CBC9CEE6446021.jpg

7469EAE290DC409CB3E8B2117094BD5D.jpg

35C10161CB494CA0BF4F373B2CBA670B.jpg

Right up the arse of the jeep as well, who is in an actual parking space.
    3759C5BBC9364F82AB164D9777834512.jpg

Am I too near the kerb?
    94EBC1183A6C43BA818DA0895E7A3D83.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

To be fair, he's not the only plonker, looks like there's someone parked opposite him too.

indeed, and another two to my left in my row. 9 or 11 every day in total

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

pa990 wrote: »
    thats some walk to your bank,
    C reg, D Reg GReg, WH, MH etc you must have walked 100's of miles :D

News just in! Cars can now freely travel to counties other than those in which they were first registered. Further updates to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Total Fitness Sandyford, plenty of empty spaces around too.

You have to wonder about the sanity of people who pay for gym membership (to take exercise) and then park selfishly at the gym door (to avoid taking exercise).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You have to wonder about the sanity of people who pay for gym membership (to take exercise) and then park selfishly at the gym door (to avoid taking exercise).

Bet they'd love this

http://uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/escalator.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

kazul wrote: »
    News just in! Cars can now freely travel to counties other than those in which they were first registered. Further updates to follow.

More breaking news!!! There was no need for pa990 to quote all the photographs:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Mallow on Saturday afternoon.

For those unfamiliar with the place, this is just off the small roundabout at the end of the main street. The main street is a 1-way system which splits into 2 at the end, each lane being a turn in the relevant direction.

Lad in the Merc came up from the right hand side, across the end of the main street (driving against the flow of traffic), and plonked his car with the ass almost blocking half the lane ... before wandering off up the street into one of the discount stores. First time I've ever seen someone parking in that particular spot (theres a large concrete flower pot on the far side of the Merc meaning even a Smart car would struggle to fit) and I've been driving through there for years now! :eek:

123616.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Top Dog wrote: »
    Mallow on Saturday afternoon.

]

that really is a daft thing to do...hopefully an artic took his back bumper off trying to make the corner....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Amazing...:confused:
    I guess hazards make just about anything OK.
    123627.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Very considerate driver here ...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

With those parent & child spaces its actually hard work to take up 2 spaces.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Poor driver must have got confused with their 2 kids in the back, hence taking up 2x Parent & Child spots:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

I promised myself I wasn't gonna let this kind of parking bother me anymore but these two both parked abandoned within seconds of each other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

I was testing video for my site yesterday and I saw this!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

At Cork train station yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

At Dunnes Stores, Ballyvolane Cork:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

folks, most of these seem to be about taking up two spaces, but what if the person couldn't even be bothered to drive into the space?

IMG_0096.jpg

taken in Limerick a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

^^^^

That must be a failed hand brake.

It just must be :eek:

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    ^^^^

That must be a failed hand brake.

It just must be :eek:

failed or forgotten, that was our take on it when we had a laugh at it at the time

but if you looka t the car, if it rolled backwards, it didn't come out of a spot, it's not lined up with any spot, even given the turned wheels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

will try and get a picture next time, not an example of bad parking more an example of stataing the bleeding obvious (although looking at this thread it might need explaning)

in the quayside in sligo today, sign reads, 'please park within marked box' beside the compact/supermini spaces, just after i noticed another car taking up two of them, and it was one of the diagonal spaces, not as if their difficult to drive into.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

koolkid wrote: »
    Amazing...:confused:
    I guess hazards make just about anything OK.

Blanchardstown Village?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Harcourt St, Dublin , 5 cars all double parked, 4 of them are 07 Mondeos without hubcaps.... wonder who they belong to. :rolleyes:

august052010003.jpg?t=1281536177

Lexus parked on double double yellow lines :) Outside Stephens Green Shopping Centre.

august052010002.jpg?t=1281536339

bijapos wrote: »
    Harcourt St, Dublin , 5 cars all double parked, 4 of them are 07 Mondeos without hubcaps.... wonder who they belong to. :rolleyes:

see them like that coming home from college every Tuesday night. Cars simply abandoned all over the road. Its the same at the end of Pierce St, parking are is always full so cars just dumped all over the place in front of it. Wonderful example set :)

Gers_punto wrote: »
    15o9uzp.jpg

when i realised that was killaloe i was checking to see if my car was anywhere in the pic, it's not though, (it would have been properly parked anyway:)

Cabinteely Village, loading bays behind me on the roads to the right and left
    SAM_0352.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Dundrum yesterday.

20100810130706.jpg

58110_512x288_generated__wmsjpLmu7kqsBVIhoVQtew.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Bodhan wrote: »
    I was testing video for my site yesterday and I saw this!
    It's not just the double-yellow lines, she's parked partly on a footpath and beside a continuous white line and less than 15 metres from a junction. Not an 'advanced driver' methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

tommy21 wrote: »
    At Dunnes Stores, Ballyvolane Cork:

The parking in that store would make you puke!:eek:

I've seen so many bad examples, I'd take up an entire thread photographing them all...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

FxCam_1281535900079.jpg

Parked at a petrol station in Cavan

Right over the entrance, and just where the a pillar starts from my car, is where the kerb raises again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement