Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Athenry today. Not only not in a spot, not only parked across the right-of-way, but also parked against the flow of traffic..........sigh....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

4994736A339544E4BBCE3B8F599F8F48.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Let me see. Spaces each side. Where will I park???;)

123856.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And ofcourse the old reliables. The taxi driver.
    123858.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

koolkid wrote: »
    Let me see. Spaces each side. Where will I park???;)

Esso at Cabinteely going southbound?

See cars there every so often, I think staff sometimes park there.

• Advertisement

Esso at Cabinteely going southbound?

See cars there every so often, I think staff sometimes park there.
    Eglington OTR. Spot on Cookie.
    Staff parking?? NO EXCUSE.

Staff parking?? NO EXCUSE.

No, it's not, but management seem to accept it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

DSC00754.jpg

Some bad parking at the Crescent :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I was thinking - we spend so much time posting pics here and discussing the issue, yet most of the offenders go through live ignorant to the fact. How about some sort of sticker, which you would attach to the car and include in the picture ? Something along the line of "Stopping obnoxious parking - one motor at a time" - ok that is pretty lame but someone could come up with a better slogan. We'd get a kick of it, could even have some sort of a league table as it adds a "danger" element, and it would send a message to these people. Yay or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

tommy21 wrote: »
    I was thinking - we spend so much time posting pics here and discussing the issue, yet most of the offenders go through live ignorant to the fact. How about some sort of sticker, which you would attach to the car and include in the picture ? Something along the line of "Stopping obnoxious parking - one motor at a time" - ok that is pretty lame but someone could come up with a better slogan. We'd get a kick of it, could even have some sort of a league table as it adds a "danger" element, and it would send a message to these people. Yay or nay?

You're definitely the first to ask anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

tommy21 wrote: »
    How about some sort of sticker, which you would attach to the car and include in the picture?

Here's one from www.youparklikeanasshole.com
    http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/notices/notice_1.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

You're definitely the first to ask anyway.

I want to believe your not being sarcastic ... but I don't :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I was up by TK Maxx down in Waterford yesterday and noted the following:
    All these people parked in disabled spots dispite there being LOADS of free space less then 50metres away!

Bunch of lazy feckers...and I checked not one of them had a disable permit displayed

001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

With all these free spaces nearby :rolleyes:

002freespaces.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

The square Tallaght.. This is at the Roundabout at the entrance..

Nobody in either van or Corolla..

photo0391.jpg

Square the same day.. The beemer, Saab and the Almera all parked on double yellows.. There was plenty of spaces just behind me and all around!!

photo0390u.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Cabaal wrote: »
    Bunch of lazy feckers...and I checked not one of them had a disable permit displayed

001.jpg

Maybe this guy felt he didn't need a sticker as he'd painted his disability all over his van?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

mossym wrote: »
    folks, most of these seem to be about taking up two spaces, but what if the person couldn't even be bothered to drive into the space?

IMG_0096.jpg

taken in Limerick a few months ago
    This should get "The Attempted parking of the year award". It is definitely a contender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Sandyford Ind Estate, LOADS of spaces around.

123950.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

-Chris- wrote: »
    Sandyford Ind Estate, LOADS of spaces around.

Is the last space for a motorbike or a pedestrian walkway?

conneem-TT wrote: »

looks like a full size space to me

It's possibly a slightly small space, but you can see another car in the same space over the shoulder of the silver A3, so it can be done.

• Advertisement

It's possibly a slightly small space, but you can see another car in the same space over the shoulder of the silver A3, so it can be done.

There's no way you could fit two cars anyway comfortably in that space though, the last space looks two feet short of the width of the next one and the one you're talking about behind the A3 is in a different row altogether so could be totally different :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

There's no way you could fit two cars anyway comfortably in that space though, the last space looks two feet short of the width of the next one and the one you're talking about behind the A3 is in a different row altogether so could be totally different :)

Even if you couldn't fit two cars into those spaces he still could have parked comfortably in the bigger space. It doesn't matter if it was a walkway or bike parking spot, he's still a dick.

Fine, let's assume then that the smaller space near the kerb is a dedicated motorbike space. Does it make the Corolla's parking job any less obnoxious? :confused::D

Fine, let's assume then that the smaller space near the kerb is a dedicated motorbike space. Does it make the Corolla's parking job any less obnoxious? :confused::D

I never said it was not bad parking, I only asked was it a ped walkway or bike space because a car would not fit in it :)

I'm guessing it is a random small space due to the angle of the adjacent road but I would hardly call it an obnoxious or offensive parking job, maybe a bit selfish, when as you said there were plenty of regular sized spaces around.

Now, just so as I don't bring this off topic too much :)

I think this would be more in the line of obnoxious parking. Not only is it obstructing the road but it is also occupying the drop off point of the GP medical center next door to the pharmacy. (I don't think it would be an emergency either as there is a hospital emergency room less than 1/2 a mile away)

img0110sc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Now, just so as I don't bring this off topic too much :)

I think this would be more in the line of obnoxious parking. Not only is it obstructing the road but it is also occupying the drop off point of the GP medical center next door to the pharmacy. (I don't think it would be an emergency either as there is a hospital emergency room less than 1/2 a mile away)

img0110sc.jpg
    I would not even bother of wiping the licence plate in the photo unless it yours. It is best to shame poor parkers here when they see their car here, It is no different to the Revenue publishing tax evaders in the newspapers with the names and address and tax amounts.

Just after I too this she swings the driver door open all the way.,
    123999.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Just after I too this she swings the driver door open all the way.,

Hope you took the door off her.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Have some printed out - coming to a street near you soon!

http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/notices/notice_1.pdf

This is a quality read of the complaints that they received:

http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/hate.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Found this on another thread - very bad parking

:D

[IMG][/img]IMG_8046.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement