Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

In Belgard retail park yesterday mid afternoon

parkingbelgard.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Ah another classic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

jimoc wrote: »
    The driver does not need to be disabled to get a disabled sticker.
    The sticker is given to the disabled person themselves to use in whatever vehicle they happen to be travelling in at the time, so he probably has a poor old mother who travels with him and he 'forgot' to remove the sticker when she's not in the van.
    I believe that using a disabled sticker without a disabled person in the vehicle is in itself also an offence, but if there are any members of the gardai on here they will correct me.

Yes it is an offence, but the biggest problems with these cards that make them 100% open for abuse by abled folk is that the photograph of the disabled person is on the wrong side of the card.

An abled person is only allowed to use the disabled card for parking if they have the named/photographed person in the car.

The only way of determining the true owner of the card is to inspect it which is impossible when the car is just placed on the dash.

Edit:

samplepermit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

mullingar wrote: »
    Yes it is an offence, but the biggest problems with these cards that make them 100% open for abuse by abled folk is that the photograph of the disabled person is on the wrong side of the card.

An abled person is only allowed to use the disabled card for parking if they have the named/photographed person in the car.

The only way of determining the true owner of the card is to inspect it which is impossible when the car is just placed on the dash.

Edit:

samplepermit.jpg

Ctrl+P

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

mossym wrote: »
    bash the drivers in the disabled spots all yuo want, equating disableld/retarded/obnoxious drivers with being united fans is likely going to cause a lot of petty arguments

Relax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

jimoc wrote: »
    The driver does not need to be disabled to get a disabled sticker.
    The sticker is given to the disabled person themselves to use in whatever vehicle they happen to be travelling in at the time, so he probably has a poor old mother who travels with him and he 'forgot' to remove the sticker when she's not in the van.
    I believe that using a disabled sticker without a disabled person in the vehicle is in itself also an offence, but if there are any members of the gardai on here they will correct me.

Probably committing an offence to be transporting disabled or any other person in a commercial if it isnt for commercial purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Got this global email in work today and thought of this thread....
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: The text of your message left on my windscreen yesterday. There was no contact number or e-mail address!

“”Fantastic Parking! I had to gain access to my car via passenger seat. Why not get a driving lesson??? You sure need one!”

Couple of points worth explaining here.

1.The car park spaces are designed so that a car parked properly will allow the driver and the passengers to get in and out of the car without any problem.

2.The driver’s side wheels of your car was on the dividing line between the parking spaces, thereby restricting the manoeuvrability of any car trying to park beside you! This was further restricted by a stupid tree on the other side of the parking space (in front of the Kane Building, in the middle of the parking lot).

3. As you obviously parked there before me, you had enough space to park properly and would have been able to use your driver’s door to gain access to your car. Instead you chose to park the way you did!

4. There are certain unwritten rules of the road and they apply to parking spaces as well. One of them is: think about the other driver and be courteous. When one is parking, one should be mindful of the other driver trying park in the space next to one’s own.

Obviously you missed that lesson!

A little bit of consideration goes a long way…even in life!

Have a good day!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

124652.jpg
    124651.jpg

Dundrum Main Street was full of them today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

Outside Spur at Liffey Valley Centre.
    Car was there when I went out for a smoke with no one in it, and was still there when I went back in. No disabled permit either.
    Please excuse the quality. Used the iPhone with its (crappy) zoom.

IMG_0141.JPG

ballyvolane dunnes...2 or 3 small kids alone in the car too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

corktina wrote: »
    ballyvolane dunnes...2 or 3 small kids alone in the car too

I may be wrong, but aren't you also causing an obstruction?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

tommy21 wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but aren't you also causing an obstruction?!

Ah here, he obviously just stopped to take the picture - yes he is technically blocking the road but c'mon....

Noopti wrote: »
    Ah here, he obviously just stopped to take the picture - yes he is technically blocking the road but c'mon....

Lol I know:D

no I stopped because I had to stop (several times as the queue tried to get past)and took advantage of the pause to takethe photo and no there was nothing behind me so i didnt cause an obstruction.

No doubt a picture of me will appear on here sooner or later but I wasn't parked so don't qualify this time round...:D

corktina wrote: »
    no I stopped because I had to stop (several times as the queue tried to get past)and took advantage of the pause to takethe photo and no there was nothing behind me so i didnt cause an obstruction.

No doubt a picture of me will appear on here sooner or later but I wasn't parked so don't qualify this time round...:D

Alright you'll get probation on this one ;)

I hate that shopping centre, people just throw their cars anywhere.

yep didnt have enough disc space to get them all...there were some shockers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 sheehanpaul

4910337910_2b47033f7c_z.jpg
    Audi driver taught a lesson!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

[QUOTE=sheehanpaul;67567158
    Audi driver taught a lesson![/QUOTE]

you dented his bumper?;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I do that sometimes, it always grieves me when the other car is still there when I get back.
    One day though the other car was gone but he/she left a scratch along the entire length of my car. :mad:
    And by the looks of it that Audi driver won't care if his motor gets scratched.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I do that sometimes, it always grieves me when the other car is still there when I get back.
    One day though the other car was gone but he/she left a scratch along the entire length of my car. :mad:
    And by the looks of it that Audi driver won't care if his motor gets scratched.

Its for that exact reason that I would never even consider doing something like that. Revenge never seems quite so sweet when it comes with a €300 bill for repairs...

• Advertisement

it's not my car, and they are fixed (allocated) parking spaces, so the two lads know each other....

More of a "learn how to park you asshat" than any kind of revenge...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Double yellows & a bus stop? Now that takes years of training :rolleyes:
    124904.jpg

If you manage to get the weels between the yellow lines & the kerp is that OK?:rolleyes:

124906.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bailey05

4910337910_2b47033f7c_z.jpg

Now that is brilliant

Bailey05 wrote: »
    Now that is brilliant

Now if you had someone with you to do the same the other side...:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

koolkid wrote: »
    Now if you had someone with you to do the same the other side...:D:D

Then we could put their photo up here too for obnoxious parking...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

mossym wrote: »
    you dented his bumper?;)

I'm sure you mean "her" bumper.....

:rolleyes:

a_v525 wrote: »
    I'm sure you mean "her" bumper.....

:rolleyes:

As it happens it's his but I LOL'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Patrick85

Sids Not wrote: »
    Wimmin......:rolleyes:

You can see the state of the car....the other side was as bad...and the two yokes in it were just as rough....;)

outside my old school in greystones lol man i wish i had a camera with me every day lol we used to dump saw dust from the woodwork room all over the muppets who parked in the disabled one just to go fishing on the rocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

As it happens it's his but I LOL'd

Ok, lol just taught I'd clarify..... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement