Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Here's a van parked blocking part of the road today. Just selfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

gurramok wrote: »
    Here's a van parked blocking part of the road today. Just selfish.

van was only reversing out after unloading some thing, i see it every day, must exspect this when passing vans or cars that are face inwards parking, i reverse in to a parking space to avoid all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

cats.life wrote: »
    van was only reversing out after unloading some thing, i see it every day, must exspect this when passing vans or cars that are face inwards parking, i reverse in to a parking space to avoid all this.

I thought this myself but Googled images of the Merc van and checked the video again and what you think are reverse lights are actually part of the rear lense.

cats.life wrote: »

No he wasn't.
    Berty wrote: »
    I thought this myself but Googled images of the Merc van and checked the video again and what you think are reverse lights are actually part of the rear lense.

Correct, no reversing lights. They are reflectors.

Here's another on the same street on my return journey. Obviously a delivery truck blocking one lane of traffic but is he allowed to park like that even if its only temporary?

There is no loading bay space there so I can sympathise if he is only taking 5 minutes but whats the legalities of it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

gurramok wrote: »
    Here's another on the same street on my return journey. Obviously a delivery truck blocking one lane of traffic but is he allowed to park like that even if its only temporary?

YES and on double yellow lines too. Active unloading only ie delivery [not loading like moving furniture] which is why you see different vehicles getting more hassle from the wardens.

Ten or twenty minutes anywhere, except during 'clearway' periods or other temporary exemptions.

And yes, I did deliveries ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Soooo many choices ... too many choices ... can't make my mind up so I'll just abandon it here ...

Lidl Kanturk this afternoon

attachment.php?attachmentid=124941&stc=1&d=1282340533

Even more staggering, as I was leaving a second woman (yes, Kadet was driven by a woman - fact, not assumption) rolled in and parked behind her! :eek:

Has anybody noticed something particularly telling about this thread?

(1) A lot of people shop in Lidl / Aldi

(2) People who shop in Lidl / Aldi cannot park very well.

Has anybody noticed something particularly telling about this thread? (1) A lot of people shop in Lidl / Aldi
    (2) People who shop in Lidl / Aldi cannot park very well.

HA HA! I should have taken a pic myself in my local Aldi today, just like the above pic, 'parked' right in the middle of the road.

And sadly it was yet another elderly dear.

One of many. Im at the hospital EVERY single day so always spot some beauties. I spotted one today where the van below was blocking the right of way with another car and the other lane(of the right of way) was blocked by a car. The engine was running and the driver was paying for the parking in the kiosk but I could have pretended they had abandoned it. :p

Anyway

Also I found an ingenious way of avoiding to pay for parking in the Mid West Regional Hospital in Limerick. :D

IMG_0048.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Top Dog wrote: »
    Soooo many choices ... too many choices ... can't make my mind up so I'll just abandon it here ...

seen similar in the sligo retail park today. sooooooooooooooooooo many empty parking spaces, more than there was cars. the above, plus two people thought they would park in the disabled spots, guess what, no badges. and another one parked over two parent and kid spaces. with probably two or three more empty parent spots around them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...local parking 'black spot', today.

Freshly re-applied yellow lines, but 4 cars parked on them. With cars on the other side (no lines), it's impassable. Yet 100m down the road you can get ticketed for not putting 50c in the meter. FFS

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Top Dog wrote: »

Lidl Kanturk this afternoon

attachment.php?attachmentid=124941&stc=1&d=1282340533

Even more staggering, as I was leaving a second woman (yes, Kadet was driven by a woman - fact, not assumption) rolled in and parked behind her! :eek:

Lidl Kanturk? they ususally park in no mans land in front of the door there!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

Anyway

Also I found an ingenious way of avoiding to pay for parking in the Mid West Regional Hospital in Limerick. :D

What, buy a blue van & write euro car parks across it? Ingenious!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Another considerate taxi driver.

124989.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

tallaght.jpg

Taken in the Square in Talafornia. (Window open, but nobody in car and nobody nearby)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

If only I had my Camera / Phone yesterday. Red Megane parked in not one but 2 disabled spots. Didn't notice a badge, but even if they did, 2 spots FFS. Lakeland bus park in Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

Northside shopping centre in Coolock. The Impreza is parked straight in a diagonal space so it takes up two spaces and the Nissan is abandoned in the driving lane.

Mahon tesco Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

I gave this horse a piece of my mind when I explained how inconsiderate his parking was. He did'nt even react when I told him I'd be putting it up on this thread..
    27072010.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

So you can't lead a horse to water after all, not even air water.

and look how the poor beemer driver has had to park becuase of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

kwalshe wrote: »
    I gave this horse a piece of my mind when I explained how inconsiderate his parking was. He did'nt even react when I told him I'd be putting it up on this thread..
    27072010.jpg

haha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

corktina wrote: »
    Mahon tesco Cork

That Mahon car park seems to come up in this thread a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

Typical X5 parking, Cabinteeley park car park.
    X5 cab.jpg

Megane Van, too fecking lazy to park properly in one of the two spaces taken.
    Dunnes stores cornelscourt.
    Dunnes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

8A3670F86EE14F3D813C77C4949B94F8-0000316522-0001873645-00640L-431BC20E1E92431DA3A98C1DB79556BD.jpg

FF7028D8E02C4AA0BC4C88413CEA56E8-0000316522-0001873644-00640L-887F69CEA44E439AAB781C6BB41E6F32.jpg

7EAD2B152478443F873B98DE94DA9AC2-0000316522-0001873643-00640L-6BEAAD49493B4880AC0AD7865142D6AB.jpg

65CB783BAEFD4360B880CF6FFCFF1DE5-0000316522-0001873642-00640L-C0C4612EF14F4900B0D3B6B3FDD13BA3.jpg

koolkid wrote: »
    Another considerate taxi driver.

124989.jpg

You do know of course, that, as a commercial vehicle, this vehicle has ten minutes to load or unload ~ collect or drop off passengers.

I can't see if the car is empty or how long it's been there, but it's not breaking any law by stopping here, per sae.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

TJJP wrote: »
    8A3670F86EE14F3D813C77C4949B94F8-0000316522-0001873645-00640L-431BC20E1E92431DA3A98C1DB79556BD.jpg

that one just screams unmarked squad car to me, anyone in it?
    gbee wrote: »
    You do know of course, that, as a commercial vehicle, this vehicle has ten minutes to load or unload ~ collect or drop off passengers.
    I can't see if the car is empty or how long it's been there, but it's not breaking any law by stopping here, per sae.
    blocking a cycle lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

that one just screams unmarked squad car to me, anyone in it?

Bloke gone shopping in the toy store round the corner........

• Advertisement

corktina wrote: »
    Mahon tesco Cork

I live by here, and can confirm this is routine. I must keep your pics and compare, it looks like the usual suspects.

Interesting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement