Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

crocro wrote: »
    This driver has just been careful not to park her car too close to the kerb.
    Looks like there is someone in it and they are still parking?
    The red car would appear to be over the line making it a tad tight for an estate to parallel into....Austin Powers notwithstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Dump and run...

517a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Just had to take a snap of this one from yesterday in Liffey Valley shopping centre.
    Plenty of spaces free as it was the afternoon why you would park there is beyond me.

92298.jpg

Maybe some kids picked it up and dropped it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Sitting there doing some paperwork today when I spotted this moron.

Guess what her excuse was?(not that I asked). She went to the ATM. There were 11 empty spaces to her left. :rolleyes:

PICT0780.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭Damien360

Kamili wrote: »
    Dump and run...

517a.jpg

My brother in law did this with his lupo in newbridge. He jumped out, asked the girlfriend to get in to the drivers seat and he then pushed the car back while she reversed. Loads of people watching and he just grinned and pointed at her. Lads nearby just tutting at her driving skills. Classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

This charming gentleman was parked in the disabled parking bay outside the Rotunda yesterday, and got a little bit narked when I took the photos.

This charming gentleman was parked in the disabled parking bay outside the Rotunda yesterday, and got a little bit narked when I took the photos.

I know him. Works in the warehouse next door to me. BTW, he actually parks in OUR car park because its nearer to his door. :rolleyes:

Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Berty wrote: »
    I know him. Works in the warehouse next door to me. BTW, he actually parks in OUR car park because its nearer to his door. :rolleyes:

I'm kicking myself for not calling the clampers on him. What's the point in having them on speed-dial if you don't use them.

Anyway, here's my latest catch - a little Merc in the car park at 'The Park' retail park in Carrickmines. Fair play to the centre management for labelling him/her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

oh man i'm putting the camera in the car as i see some of the worst parking in the world everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Went to get oil in halfords in the retail park in Drogheda and came across this parking job......

I simply cant understand it at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Hey guys reading this thread with great interest...

As a car lover (not literally of course) it really annoys me to spend lots of cash and time on a car and have it 'dinged' & damaged in a car park due to crappy drivers.. I used to always park between the lines etc... but not any more I'm afraid. I always go to the most remote location in a car park (especially in shopping centers) now and park taking up two spots. Funnily enough, I’ve noticed in recent years more and more of the ‘loved’ cars get parked in the more remote spots too straddling the white lines. I'd rather be called an 'Obnoxious Park-er' now than have multiple dents imprinted on my door due to some careless driver.

If a car park is full-ish I’ll also look for a space between two ‘good’ cars… or cars that are clearly well cared for…. and avoid the van-mobiles or ‘L’ plated bumper cars.

Cheers,
    Car Muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

CarMuppet wrote: »
    Hey guys reading this thread with great interest...

As a car lover (not literally of course) it really annoys me to spend lots of cash and time on a car and have it 'dinged' & damaged in a car park due to crappy drivers.. I used to always park between the lines etc... but not any more I'm afraid. I always go to the most remote location in a car park (especially in shopping centers) now and park taking up two spots. Funnily enough, I’ve noticed in recent years more and more of the ‘loved’ cars get parked in the more remote spots too straddling the white lines. I'd rather be called an 'Obnoxious Park-er' now than have multiple dents imprinted on my door due to some careless driver.

If a car park is full-ish I’ll also look for a space between two ‘good’ cars… or cars that are clearly well cared for…. and avoid the van-mobiles or ‘L’ plated bumper cars.

Cheers,
    Car Muppet.

I have been know to park beside knobs that do this and hang around to see their reaction when they find someone who dared park beside them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I've squeezed in beside the "I'm using two spaces because my car is better than everyone elses" brigade when spaces are short, literally forcing the tools to get in through their passengers door.

Had one guy ask me how he was supposed to get in, told him I didn't know, it wasn't my problem, he's the one not parked arseways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

xabi wrote: »
    I have been know to park beside knobs that do this and hang around to see their reaction when they find someone who dared park beside them.

Don't think thats his point in fairness. He's on about the ignoramouses that slam their door into yours without even thinking. I've had some very expensive repairs as a result of these people paid for out of my own pocket and would do anything to minimise the chance of it happening again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

EPM wrote: »
    Don't think thats his point in fairness. He's on about the ignoramouses that slam their door into yours without even thinking. I've had some very expensive repairs as a result of these people paid for out of my own pocket and would do anything to minimise the chance of it happening again

If you cant park properly or dont want your doors dinged, dont park there, or take the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

blanco wrote: »
    Not to mention Dunnes at Kill-a-Banana.
    The woman in the picture look horrified when I took this. Wonder if she ever parked there again?:p

The second shot was taken at the petrol station in Dublin Airport.

We all had to park in that Hatched area at Dublin airport due to there only being about 5 marked spots for 20+ cars. Generally the 5 marked spots were taken by taxi drivers washing their cars with a sponge and water taken from a tap. They actually painted about 10 spots their about 8 years ago as they were so frequently used. I guess its back to hatched again.

xabi wrote: »
    If you cant park properly or dont want your doors dinged, dont park there, or take the bus.

I do personally. Or get herself to drive:D I don't see too much of a problem straddling the white lines in an empty car park. Irritating when it's busy and people need spots. But a car will never be safe parked anywhere in this country because of the morons that just don't think when parking

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

EPM wrote: »

Thanks... exactly.... I've had the same experience; a few years back had a rear quater panel pushed in and spent >euro450 for a fix.. anyway I'll continue to park taking two spaces in the back of the car park.... :) it's cheaper in the long run.

And as for taking the bus, I can't as don't have a key.

Cheers,
    Car Muppet.

CarMuppet wrote: »
    Thanks... exactly.... I've had the same experience; a few years back had a rear quater panel pushed in and spent >euro450 for a fix.. anyway I'll continue to park taking two spaces in the back of the car park.... :) it's cheaper in the long run.

And as for taking the bus, I can't as don't have a key.

Cheers,
    Car Muppet.

Tell me about it - almost €400 last month:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

Jip wrote: »
    I've squeezed in beside the "I'm using two spaces because my car is better than everyone elses" brigade when spaces are short, literally forcing the tools to get in through their passengers door.

Had one guy ask me how he was supposed to get in, told him I didn't know, it wasn't my problem, he's the one not parked arseways.

begrudge much?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

draffodx wrote: »
    Went to get oil in halfords in the retail park in Drogheda and came across this parking job......

I simply cant understand it at all?

That is obviously a guy who also stands away from the toilet too far and wets the floor. Overestimating sizes is what they are good at.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Parking with the steering turned is what does my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The clampers in my building are very leinent, you really have to be causing an obstruction to come to their attention. Yes folks, this is a junction in the car park.

*MOD EDIT* Image removed from post due to the size of it.

Looks like a space to me, being an outsider and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

PeteK* wrote: »
    Parking with the steering turned is what does my head in!

I ALWAYS park in work with the wheels nearly fully locked and reversed in.
    (full lock can damage the PS pump)

This saved the wings on my car a too many times as people have to swing hard to get into the parking spaces, so when people reverse out of the space they swing TOO wide and forget where the front of the car is, so they either hit their tyre of my tyre or worse, their wing hits my tyre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭wandererz

10112009012copy.jpg

That TT could own/rent both of the spaces by the number 8 on it.

I always thought if I had an Apt with 2 bedrooms I would have two spaces and would happily straddle both of them.

OR he is actually just being a prick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭wandererz

That was taken at work. Spaces are limited. Even so, it didn't seem to deter him/her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

These are the times I would like to own a small beaten up Yaris/Micra etc. I would park soooo close to that TT's driver door they will learn their lesson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

tdc wrote: »
    begrudge much?

So me parking in a spot where someone tried to take the two is me being a begrudger, illogical much ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement