Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

hill2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭balcan

Some fine parking by female officers in Lidl in Mitchelstown,Cork.
    No not arresting scum they we're shopping,Any yes both we're blond.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

balcan wrote: »
    Some fine parking by female officers in Lidl in Mitchelstown,Cork.
    No not arresting scum they we're shopping,Any yes both we're blond.

If you don't have a pic you could at least draw a diagram.

EDIT: Oh, you found it... :o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yeah but who is the gombeen in the white van. Seriously, who parks with their door wide open? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Berty wrote: »
    Yeah but who is the gombeen in the white van. Seriously, who parks with their door wide open? :p

um possibly the guy taking the photo?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Spawell today. Busy enough near lunchtime aswell.
    126970.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Looks just like my old Polo! Any idea of the reg?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Looks just like my old Polo! Any idea of the reg?

I'd be fairly sure you know if you were parked there at that time...? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Nah, I sold it to a Latvian family from North Dublin!

The gombeen with the door left open was indeed me taking the picture,just out from getting some beers after watcing our fine police force members wandering around Lidl,Jesus Berty,do you think people around Mitchelstown go away shopping with the doors left wide open.

• Advertisement

The gombeen with the door left open was indeed me taking the picture,just out from getting some beers after watcing our fine police force members wandering around Lidl

I knew it was you. It was a joke............hence the :p at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭frank gooding

Jaysus Koolkid looks like you are struggling for space there on the windscreen. A woder you can see out with all the gadget holders.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Jaysus Koolkid looks like you are struggling for space there on the windscreen. A woder you can see out with all the gadget holders.

And I still manage to park straight.:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

I knew it was you. It was a joke............hence the :p at the end.

Fair enough Berty,Don't meet much people from north tipp with a sense of sarcasm,Nice 1 with the hurling,Great game

Fair enough Berty,Don't meet much people from north tipp with a sense of sarcasm,Nice 1 with the hurling,Great game

I wasn't playing myself but thank you. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

made my evening.....post of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Wish I'd been able to get a photo of the gowl in a Transit I passed this morning.. parked on a roundabout. (Just before the Monivea exit at Briarhill for those familiar with Galway).

It was grand though because he had his hazards on :rolleyes:

On the ball Bhoy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

In Skibbereen today!

Words fail me!!

127092.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

rain on wrote: »
    Wish I'd been able to get a photo of the gowl in a Transit I passed this morning.. parked on a roundabout. (Just before the Monivea exit at Briarhill for those familiar with Galway).

It was grand though because he had his hazards on :rolleyes:
    ah yes hazard lights ,same as park any where lights, i know the place you talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Patrick85

sophie1234 wrote: »
    i complained to ballybrack shoppig centre for the security guard not any thing for the amount of fully abled people that park in the disabled spaces never got a reply and they still do noting i have a photo of about four lads getting out of there done up cars all parked along the disabled spaces but it wont upload for me!!

kris and tom are mates of mine and I used to work in the o'briens' there

nothing we can do about it except call the gardaí

did have a good laugh last night though my new sc400 gt-t drags alot of attention from boy racer muppets and these guys[edit]the guys with the kit cars that abuse those paces[/edit] wanted to race so... I got my revenge I was only going up the carriage way to turn around at the roundabout and I decided to play with em so I revved my engine just enough to make the turbo make it's beautiful whistle and whoosh sound the lights went green the guys took off hell for leather I just cruised down the road at 50 and lo and behold they got pulled by the local traffic corps i neglected to warn them about using the radar gun down the road :D

lesson 1
    proper sports cars... we drive slower to make the ride last longer lol we're not jumped up twats :D

lesson 2 karma: I love my fickle friend

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Patrick85 wrote: »
    kris and tom are mates of mine and I used to work in the o'briens' there

nothing we can do about it except call the gardaí

you can tell them to move and explain to them that they are inconsiderate tools.

or they could start clamping, would make a good bit of money in that car parks, there's always at least one disabled bay filled by a car with no sticker

So no parking issues then Patrick? :confused:

you can tell them to move and explain to them that they are inconsiderate tools.

or they could start clamping, would make a good bit of money in that car parks, there's always at least one disabled bay filled by a car with no sticker

I used to refuse service to them til they moved their cars they just got agro and got their cheap beer in tesco instead and that particular car park is public grounds so clamping other than the council is illegal as for saying it to them I gave up and started putting stickers on their bumpers from iparklikeanasshole.com no attention paid to them infact one actually came back sticker still there with marker on it saying got a problem ? wait for me and say it lol this guy i was the only one brave/stupid enough to say it to him massive guy his bicepts are bigger than my thighs lol and i work out every day.

dont have any of my old pics of the parking there cus my phone broke but I will get some of the absolutely stellar parking here in my new workplace (co-incidence that everyone is parked beautifully straight and appropriately today with our ceo on site? i think not lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Patrick85 wrote: »
    I used to refuse service to them til they moved their cars they just got agro and got their cheap beer in tesco instead and that particular car park is public grounds so clamping other than the council is illegal as for saying it to them I gave up and started putting stickers on their bumpers from iparklikeanasshole.com no attention paid to them infact one actually came back sticker still there with marker on it saying got a problem ? wait for me and say it lol this guy i was the only one brave/stupid enough to say it to him massive guy his bicepts are bigger than my thighs lol and i work out every day.

Tesco Ballybrack is owned by Tesco, apart from a small strip over where the delivery bay is, which is council property. The majority of car park is Tesco owned land and hence a private car park.

Tesco Ballybrack is owned by Tesco, apart from a small strip over where the delivery bay is, which is council property. The majority of car park is Tesco owned land and hence a private car park.

tesco's postal address unit 1 ballybrack s.c. church view road ballybrack

sorry but as a previous employee of the site I can tell you that it is not owned by tesco but merely rented by them and the security in the car park are contracted by obriens xtra vision the newsagents the chemist the hair stylists and manleys take away not by the owner of the site (who i've never met) but there is a site manager (sharon i believe her name is that holds quarterly meeting for all the traders and since only the gm's of all the businesses and one member of their senior staff are there and rarely attended by tesco I dont think tesco give a crap cus we always used to bring it up there.

anyway going way off topic lets just get back to the parking :)

was just saying that tom and kris are great guys and get a load of abuse for stuff they wish they could do something about and to say lols at the two plonkers in the jumped up civic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

The car was there over 24 hours. If the person was well enough to drive their car to the hospital then they should have been mentally capable enough to sort the car out themselves and not wait 24+ hours for the employee to have to do it for them.

They more than deserved a clamp. They deserved the car to be removed at their costs.

Its far more than just obnoxious parking, its arrogant. I visit the hospital every single day of the week and sit outside and the amount of baboons that abandon their cars and dissapear into the hospital for ages is, as you say, mind boggling. That car was probably a good deterent.

You should not get special treatment just because you are sick. The only people who do not pay for their parking are people with disabled badges and they have their own car park, oddly a long way from the entrance.

I park my car legally every single night because there are AMPLE spaces to do it. Also there are many many cars in the public car park in the same spaces all day and night because they are patients. 1 rule for EVERYBODY PLEASE!

We have people with heart attacks drive themselves to hospital all the time seriously.

And we do not allow them to leave in the first 24 hours to park their cars properly.

Traumadoc wrote: »
    We have people with heart attacks drive themselves to hospital all the time seriously.

And we do not allow them to leave in the first 24 hours to park their cars properly.

Man I know your pain my ex fiancé was a nurse in Vincents the amount of crazy things I saw just sitting in my car across the road was unfathomable dont know how you guys manage to save half of them.

I do think the porter should have moved the car though a few times i saw people having to dump the car on the road cus the set down parking was blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Saw this today in Galway in the B&Q/Dunnes carpark:
    IMG_6190.jpg
    Sorry about the funny angle but the owner was just to the left putting back his trolley after filling the boot and I could only get a quick snap.

Next shot is that same place 10 mins later just to show exactly where he'd thrown his car. Literally 8 spaces further down the row there was 9 or 10 empty spaces, lazy boll1x.
    IMG_6191.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Took this pic a few weeks ago but totally forgot about it

Outside b&q in Mahon Point, early Saturday morning,
    plenty of parking but still this guy decides to mount the pavement and park right in front of a fire exit

hard to tell from this angle, but if they did have to open the fire exit the door would have hit off the front bumper

I headed in and told one of the managers and heard 6 tannoy anouncements over the next 15 mins

b8muq9.jpg

that whole area including tesco is notorious for people ignoring road markings ,
    heading in the wrong direction towards oncoming cars, abandoning cars outside shops and creating their own exits

320D for anyone wondering

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement