Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Why would the Yaris driver be and asshole if he was there 1st?

Look at the position the Yaris parked in. He is not even in the space in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

My guess - the BMW took two spaces to avoid getting the doors dinged. And the Yaris arrived and parked really close to 'teach that BMW driver a lesson'. S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

There's nothing to his right, parking slightly over the line causes no harm and leaves a bit of breathing space to his left. Clever parking IMO.

But then along came the BMW...:rolleyes: Now there's an asshole allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

CarMuppet wrote: »
    My guess - the BMW took two spaces to avoid getting the doors dinged. And the Yaris arrived and parked really close to 'teach that BMW driver a lesson'. S

My guess would be that they are both shit drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Trampas

GopErthike wrote: »

is this the garage in rathmines?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Hogzy wrote: »

Or they were both pilots. They are used to parking on the line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Trampas wrote: »
    is this the garage in rathmines?

Jesus did ya have to quote it :confused:

STOP QUOTING PICTURES

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Berty wrote: »
    STOP QUOTING PICTURES

Do supersized fonts count as pics?:D

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Do supersized fonts count as pics?:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzuWg_n-T_Q9YhnqXPgMPL5MFRE997ywjye6cG7bUGjcuKi9k&t=1&usg=__-2S8av3MjqHuUpvVuXHq3SUtNbI=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Spot on Trampas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Berty wrote: »
    STOP QUOTING PICTURES

Snipped

• Registered Users Posts: 82,538 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hogzy wrote: »

Perhaps, there's also the possibility of a 3rd car that has gone and was parked to the left of the BMW causing the other 2 to have no choice but to park like that :D

Perhaps, there's also the possibility of a 3rd car that has gone and was parked to the left of the BMW causing the other 2 to have no choice but to park like that :D

If an asshole parks like an asshole like this mysterious 3rd possible car you refer to then why do other people feel then need to be assholes as well. JUST DONT PARK NEXT TO AN ASSHOLE IF YOU ARE GOING TO LIKE LIKE ONE TOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Two from Fitzone/Westwood at Leopardstown last Saturday - both were in position for the approx 20 minutes that we were there waiting to pick up our daughter from a party. It was a very wet day, but there were plenty of other spaces around, just a bit further away from the entrance.

I overheard one of the other parents (a doctor) at the party saying (after 10 minutes) "I'd better go now, I'm in the handicapped parking space".

And one more from the disabled parking bays at Meadowbrook in Ballinteer - looks like they aren't managing their parking very well there.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Look at these.
    The traffic light you see is a pedestrian crossing. On the left is a school. The guy in the silver car parks there every day at school time blocking the crossing and visibility of kids who could run out.
    Complaints to said person result in a "fcuk you" attitude.
    Complaints to Gardai, ignored .... or "write to the superintendant".
    Complaints to local TD, ignored.
    What hope have we got ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

I had given up taking shots, but this one was too obnoxious to let away.

4309871DF81847D58C05893CDC60005E-0000315944-0001938736-00800L-01C59F064A2A4D9C8A3A3AB99315725A.jpg

F885F0B8A8EB429CAFC5C6EB0B2B49BA-0000315944-0001938735-00800L-9DB64A4D2A0642869B15B45078DBDD1A.jpg

That's the pedestrian entrance to Athlone Town Centre, which has an underground car park as part of it, and a council car park across the road.

To get back out, she has to cross the footpath, and reverse blind into a busy road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

towger wrote: »
    What hope have we got ?
    well that car is parked at a busy junction. All it would take to stop the guy parking there is if one "child" managed to "accidentally" key it, or "by mistake" walk into the mirror and knock it off. ;)

Sometimes people who dont take well to polite (legitimate) requests sometimes need to be shown the hard way.

Look at these.
    The traffic light you see is a pedestrian crossing. On the left is a school. The guy in the silver car parks there every day at school time blocking the crossing and visibility of kids who could run out.
    What hope have we got ?
    So write to the Supt and/or report it to the Garda TrafficWatch line by phone. This means it gets recorded on their system straight away, and then passed to the local Garda for follow up. It is a bit harder for them to ignore it.
    whyulittle wrote: »
    I had given up taking shots, but this one was too obnoxious to let away.

That's the pedestrian entrance to Athlone Town Centre, which has an underground car park as part of it, and a council car park across the road.

To get back out, she has to cross the footpath, and reverse blind into a busy road.
    She's probably blocking a fire exit too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

So write to the Supt and/or report it to the Garda TrafficWatch line by phone. This means it gets recorded on their system straight away, and then passed to the local Garda for follow up. It is a bit harder for them to ignore it.

tissues on back shelf a dead giveaway about this feller....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Look at these.
    What hope have we got ?

A huge concrete flowerbox or two there would sort that right out.
    In the mean time, i hope no one drops a glass there or something, multiple punctures are very annoying!

corktina wrote: »

A dead giveaway that he has a cold? Or am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

corktina wrote: »

You forgot about the manky looking cushions... You are slipping!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Look at these.
    What hope have we got ?

Report the mondeo driver as a private concern to the Guards that he might be a Pedophile stalking the school.

128838.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Look at these.
    What hope have we got ?

Do they know who owns the car? I know exactly where that is and its an extremely busy road although they have one of those speed detectors on it, but I dont think its very useful

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

You are correct. That is my plan and in fact why I took the photos. But it should not be so difficult. The trip the Garda station two minutes away should have been enough the sort out this ..... but there you go:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

A dead giveaway that he has a cold? Or am I missing something?

Yes, you are!

Yes, you are!

So does it make you feel big when you have an 'in joke' that others don't get, and you don't do the polite thing and share?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

This is the bit that really p1ssed me off.

Get the Gardas name/number. Then ask to speak to the Duty Sargeant. If they do nothing ask the Sargeant for his superiors details. Keep going until someone does something. There is a duty for them to react to something like this. No reaction? Garda complaints board.

In the meantime get onto the traffic corp and the clampers/traffic wardens.

You could also try the school principal to get them to talk to the parent.

Rightly so, with all respect, its a local issue not a national one. Get on to your councillor if you feel a public rep should be involved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement