Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

wandererz wrote: »
    That was taken at work. Spaces are limited. Even so, it didn't seem to deter him/her.

I'm always a bit reluctant to rush to judgement on cases like this TT unless I see it happening. There could have been another car parked on the passenger side of the TT forcing him to park askew.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

mullingar wrote: »
    These are the times I would like to own a small beaten up Yaris/Micra etc. I would park soooo close to that TT's driver door they will learn their lesson.

Yes I agree it's not fair to take two spots if spaces are scarce... but again I wonder if this person is sick and tired of their car being damaged by such 'beaten up Yaris/Micras' on a regular basis? :) Some people are into cars and some are not… the two don’t mix well.

Or...since those spaces look very small is there a child seat in the front? Anyone every try and get a toddler into a car seat with only 300mm between you and your parking neighbour in the driving rain? Not fun... most of the mother and baby spots in, for example, shopping centres are taken most of the time. There was a thread on this forum some time back about the ratio of disabled spots to regular spots.. I’d say there are not enough mother (or father) and baby spots!

My next comment will annoy non-car-enthusiasts; but I would be willing to pay more at a multi-story-car park for larger spaces when I decide to bring out my weekend pride and joy... Even if parking was double the price for double the space in designated places I would pay... only for my 'good car' though... anyone feel the same?

Cheers,
    CarMuppet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I'd pay extra for that in my own heap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

CarMuppet wrote: »
    Yes I agree it's not fair to take two spots if spaces are scarce... but again I wonder if this person is sick and tired of their car being damaged by such 'beaten up Yaris/Micras' on a regular basis? :) Some people are into cars and some are not… the two don’t mix well.

Or...since those spaces look very small is there a child seat in the front? Anyone every try and get a toddler into a car seat with only 300mm between you and your parking neighbour in the driving rain? Not fun... most of the mother and baby spots in, for example, shopping centres are taken most of the time. There was a thread on this forum some time back about the ratio of disabled spots to regular spots.. I’d say there are not enough mother (or father) and baby spots!

I've a car smaller than a micra (but more roof space) that looks quite crap I would be one of those people that will park next to the badly parked car because the space is there and most likily I'll be within the lines and still have room to get out. Once the guy who was parked badly in his car which he just bought two months ago failed to reverse properly (he had plenty of room) and scratched both cars. I'm always careful getting in and out of cars (unless I park beside the abandoned(?) car outside the appartment) other people sometimes in fancy cars sometimes not are not so careful, as under the layer of dirt on the car there's plently of scrapes and door marks along the side.

I'm my friends car (along with her few month old child) I took him out of and put him into his car seat (which was set up in the front), it wasn't a parent and child spot and it wasn't that difficult (trying to get the pram folded and unfolded was FAR more difficult)
    CarMuppet wrote: »
    My next comment will annoy non-car-enthusiasts; but I would be willing to pay more at a multi-story-car park for larger spaces when I decide to bring out my weekend pride and joy... Even if parking was double the price for double the space in designated places I would pay... only for my 'good car' though... anyone feel the same?

I'm not a car enthusiast (as long as the car works I'm happy, and mine needs fixing:() I don't think this would annoy anyone, some people have chosen big wide cars (thinking of a neighbour lives on his own and drives a huge jeep:rolleyes:) it may have been a bad choice but I know he has trouble parking it. The thing is I don't think it would work or at least it would be difficult, how would they know where you parked.

On a bit of a different note, what size are spaces ment to be and are they actually those sizes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

mullingar wrote: »
    I ALWAYS park in work with the wheels nearly fully locked and reversed in.
    (full lock can damage the PS pump)

This saved the wings on my car a too many times as people have to swing hard to get into the parking spaces, so when people reverse out of the space they swing TOO wide and forget where the front of the car is, so they either hit their tyre of my tyre or worse, their wing hits my tyre
    Good point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Jip wrote: »
    So me parking in a spot where someone tried to take the two is me being a begrudger, illogical much ?

Worklore has it that one of the more senior, and less popular managers in here used to park his Maserati straddling two spaces in a car park that is always full during the day. He was being smart using the two end spaces, with a grassy "island" on one side and the spare half space on the other side. The car that parks beside him would be happy enough to be able to park right up to the line near him and have ample space both sides. One day though, one of the drones came in in his Daihatsu Domino and found the car park full so parked with two wheels on the island and most of his car in the half space.

The manager lost the head when he saw it and the fiasco ended with security being called, manager trying to throw his weight around, HR involved, manager's manager involved and finally Mr.Maserati given a dressing down and told to stop parking like a twat.

A rare victory for the little guy!

I might add that I'm a fussy parker who would sooner walk the length of a car park than squeeze in between two battered hatchbacks with child seats in them near the door, but there's really no need for arseyness in our work CP. Spaces are wide and there's cameras all over the place.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

ninty9er wrote: »
    Here's one I couldn't believe. I'd say the driver had difficulty getting in after I tucked in next to it.

Space is at a premium in that little gem of a car park. Centre of campus and free:pac::pac:

Wasn't gonna let bad parking stop me getting a space:P

I see this and worse all over UL. For a campus where parking is at such a premium it's shocking how ignorant some people are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Nice one old man!

PICT0783.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

LMFAO^^^^

Works on so many levels:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,182 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The Range Rover would annoy me more I think, the old guy obviously just doesnt give a sh1te, the RangeRover is just a pathetic attempt at parking.

That would be a perfect opportunity for me to go Parking-Nazi on him and wedge my banger right against his nearside door. Though I always hope I will meet the person I do this to, it never happens. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Elderly parking ftw!

Could have its own thread!

GreeBo wrote: »
    The Range Rover would annoy me more I think, the old guy obviously just doesnt give a sh1te, the RangeRover is just a pathetic attempt at parking.

That would be a perfect opportunity for me to go Parking-Nazi on him and wedge my banger right against his nearside door. Though I always hope I will meet the person I do this to, it never happens. :(

That's not even a parking space afaik. He is also pretty close to the front door. If you had a buggy or a wheelchair(likely as the hospital is next door) then you are not getting into the shop.

BTW, the engine was still running in the landrover, door not even closed. The guy was in getting a coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Ah,leave the old guy alone..he's paid his taxes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Berty wrote: »
    BTW, the engine was still running in the landrover, door not even closed. The guy was in getting a coffee.

You could have gotten in and parked it properly for him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Well it is a SPAR EXPRESS obviously a quick getaway is needed.

The Landie driver hasn't even bothered to close his/her door.

The Landie driver hasn't even bothered to close his/her door.

I suppose I should add that he didn't actually close it. He just walked away with the door wide open but gravity or the wind closed it(slightly) for him.

He was a big muck savage with torn aran jumper and whellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

jackncoke wrote: »
    Ah,leave the old guy alone..he's paid his taxes :D

Yeah infact the jeep beside him hasn't been taxed since October 2007 :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

GreeBo wrote: »

off side do you mean? or would you be deliberately parking over the white line to block the near side door :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Berty wrote: »
    Nice one old man!

PICT0783.jpg

Talk about looking for something to bitch about ! Only 3 cars in the whole parking lot (including yours). :mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

JamesM wrote: »
    Talk about looking for something to bitch about ! Only 3 cars in the whole parking lot (including yours). :mad:
    Maybe there is only three cars because there is no room for anyone else because of granda's crap parking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's a garage and we can only see 3 spaces (two of which are taken up by the old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

kbannon wrote: »
    Maybe there is only three cars because there is no room for anyone else because of granda's crap parking!

I feel sorry for the man,
    Maybe hes got medical problems and cant walk far...maybe the car is his life line to get shopping.....jeez guys it could be worse. You could all find yourselves in a similar situation in years to come.
    Give it a rest.
    Irish people used to be kind and understanding towords the elderly. :(

Also....i think reg plates should be hidden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Maybe hes got medical problems and cant walk far...maybe the car is his life line to get shopping.....jeez guys it could be worse. You could all find yourselves in a similar situation in years to come.
    Give it a rest.

if he has a medical condition meaning he can't park then he shouldn't be driving.
    Irish people are kind and understanding but why tolerate sh*t parking.

While we're stereotyping... I'm young, wreckless and I'm gonna get girls pregnant and crash my car 10 times :rolleyes:

Clearly its just bad parking

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

a van driver in mayo got a 12 month driving ban for parking in a disable spot! I have the newspaper cutting at home some where ( i keep meaning to put it up on facebook) so must dig it up to post here (as no doubt some noob will say prove it)
    I have a disabled badge on my car for my son (in a wheelchair) but will never use it unless he's with me...its too valuable to mess about with. In fact i think they should have a number of different types to cover old people, people with reduced mobility but not in a chair and w/chair users, as all diff types have diff needs (bigger parking space for w/chair users etc)

How can you see the rest of the forecourt in that picture? Its a picture I took not Google Earth! :rolleyes:
    Maybe hes got medical problems and cant walk far...maybe the car is his life line to get shopping

Irish Times and a packet of Hamlet. He didn't say please or thank you and slammed his money down on the counter. I felt so sorry for him! :mad:

Before either of you say I was following him around for the want of complaining about him. We both arrived to the counter at the same time but needless to say I encouraged him ahead of me because of his age.(respect)

That is still no excuse for parking like an absolute as*shole!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

0a7bb.jpg
    09936.jpg
    66739.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

Not bad 2 out of 3 cars tax is out of date. although 1 of them could have been updated recently.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

I'm not normally one for Victor Meldrew-esque topics like this, but this bit of parking took the biscuit yesterday :D. Not the foreground - but the X5 in the background parked across 3 spots diagonally. Was there for about 10 minutes like that with a kid stuck in the back seat, hence the lights being on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

What are we looking at there ^ Magnus?
    I hope the parking isn't as poor as the photography ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Give it a rest.

What has being old and not able to walk far got to do with takign both spaces in front of the door? The walk is no further if he was on in one of the spaces.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement