Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

12 element wrote: »
    Why would you blur them?!
    Meh, some folks do, some folks don't. It seemed mildly amusing in my head this morning. That's what I get for getting up too early on a Sunday.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

In this thread where people have decided to be an ignorant tosser by parking in a disabled spot, etc,. the its fair game to leave the reg plate and identify them IMO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Saw this outside Penny's on Patrick St., Cork today. He/she had already attracted the attention of a bán garda! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

tommy21 wrote: »
    Saw this outside Penny's on Patrick St., Cork today. He/she had already attracted the attention of a bán garda! :D

Flippin' jaysus :eek: I find it difficult to understand how people can leave their cars like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Dundrum shopping centre this afternoon , its a 10 Reg, that might have something to do with it! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

image0379edited.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Dundrum shopping centre this afternoon , its a 10 Reg, that might have something to do with it! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    its so people wont park within doors distance of their shiny merc. what i wouldnt give to see someone back into it a drive off, in full view of the owner!!!! priceless!!

s-cogan wrote: »
    its so people wont park within doors distance of their shiny merc. what i wouldnt give to see someone back into it a drive off, in full view of the owner!!!! priceless!!

Ha ha, I know.. good luck to them trying to park this way when its manic there at Christmas time ! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Shopping centres should buy a rake of old cars for a couple of hundred each and then park them about a foot away from each side of people that park liek that.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Shopping centres should buy a rake of old cars for a couple of hundred each and then park them about a foot away from each side of people that park liek that.

Ha ha yeah muppets! Dont buy a flash car if youre too afraid of a scratch, its inevitable! Thats why I dont have a flash car *ahem* :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Ha ha yeah muppets! Dont buy a flash car if youre too afraid of a scratch, its inevitable! Thats why I dont have a flash car *ahem* :o:D
    No, it's not inevitable. If you park your car correctly - you should not get scratched. However in some car parks the spaces are too close together, which means you have to find a better space somewhere with sufficient space for your car.
    This is no reason for someone not to have a nice car. It might take a bit more effort, but you should be able to park your car without some knob jockey banging their doors off yours. This is kinda of the point of this thread imo.

• Advertisement

cadaliac wrote: »
    No, it's not inevitable. If you park your car correctly - you should not get scratched. However in some car parks the spaces are too close together, which means you have to find a better space somewhere with sufficient space for your car.
    This is no reason for someone not to have a nice car. It might take a bit more effort, but you should be able to park your car without some knob jockey banging their doors off yours. This is kinda of the point of this thread imo.

In my opinion it is definitely inevitable as my car has a ton of scratches on it curiously at the same height as other car doors and I have never banged my door against another car. I also do not try to squeeze my car into tight spaces so that cant be the reason either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

image0379edited.jpg

That is one fantastic looking front end. Is it an E class coupe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

In my opinion it is definitely inevitable as my car has a ton of scratches on it curiously at the same height as other car doors and I have never banged my door against another car. I also do not try to squeeze my car into tight spaces so that cant be the reason either.
    Just what exactly do you find inevitable? The fact that you will get scratches on your car in a car park?
    Well, yes if you park your car in a car park 5 days a week - which some people have to do, I know.
    I believe you when you say that you do not squeeze into car spaces. Neither do I.
    However, it is possible to avoid these situations.
    My point being that it is not inevitable if you make an effort to avoid these situations, that's all.
    It's a pity though that we have to go to these extremes to avoid scratches, when if everyone took the same care as us, there would be no scratches.
    Trollys have a lot to do with it as well.

That is one fantastic looking front end. Is it an E class coupe?

Sorry Ive no idea, I parked in front of it so didnt get to check out the back for the type! Im sure someone else here will know!:D:o

cadaliac wrote: »
    Just what exactly do you find inevitable? The fact that you will get scratches on your car in a car park?
    Well, yes if you park your car in a car park 5 days a week - which some people have to do, I know.
    I believe you when you say that you do not squeeze into car spaces. Neither do I.
    However, it is possible to avoid these situations.
    My point being that it is not inevitable if you make an effort to avoid these situations, that's all.
    It's a pity though that we have to go to these extremes to avoid scratches, when if everyone took the same care as us, there would be no scratches.
    Trollys have a lot to do with it as well.

To me it is inevitable that everyone will get scratches on their car through other peoples carelesness. I dont agree its possible to avoid, some people have no choice but to park in very tightly spaced car parks 7 days a week (apartments for eg). Oh yeah trolleys have a lot to do with it!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Patrick85

To me it is inevitable that everyone will get scratches on their car through other peoples carelesness. I dont agree its possible to avoid, some people have no choice but to park in very tightly spaced car parks 7 days a week (apartments for eg). Oh yeah trolleys have a lot to do with it!!:mad::mad::mad:

have to say I've found that ppl with large ego's and crap cars are the main offenders of dings in car parks they think they can do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

our new neighbor finds it necessary to take up 2 spaces every day in his Citroen and as a result no space for me !!:mad: how ignorant can you get!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

our new neighbor finds it necessary to take up 2 spaces every day in his Citroen and as a result no space for me !!:mad: how ignorant can you get!

You live in my estate! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

You live in my estate! :D

Do you drive a silver Citroën?:)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

do you know the culprit by any chance :D

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »
    Do you drive a silver Citroën?:)

I could only dream of owning one.
    do you know the culprit by any chance :D

I don't,but I'll happily park the girlfriend's car behind him/her and block him in.

I don't,but I'll happily park the girlfriend's car behind him/her and block him in.

ha that would be the right job ! have you seen it parked aswell? came in last night the b**ix was parked across 2 spaces and i had to park right down the end:rolleyes:

ha that would be the right job ! have you seen it parked aswell? came in last night the b**ix was parked across 2 spaces and i had to park right down the end:rolleyes:

I live just around the corner at the entrance so luckily for me,all that silly parking doesn't affect me. :D

I live just around the corner at the entrance so luckily for me,all that silly parking doesn't affect me. :D

lucky for you ;) im sure it will come back and bite him at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

tommy21 wrote: »

Saw this too and did a double take it was so ridiculous...short while later it was on the back of a truck being taken away, and thats on a Sunday too....that bangarda was the only presence I saw around the city centre that afternoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I like this one
    4vUcKU39.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I think that's the first time I've heard of someone dreaming of owning a Citroen.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Just leave a polite note for him to park in one space.

If that doesn't work, take all 4 of his wheels off the next night he does it and put each wheel in sperate parking spaces, epoxied to the ground :)

• Advertisement

jimoc wrote: »
    Just leave a polite note for him to park in one space.

If that doesn't work, take all 4 of his wheels off the next night he does it and put each wheel in sperate parking spaces, epoxied to the ground :)

ha ha great idea. he might be a boardsie as he parked properly tonight:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement