Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

The guy in the first pic in the Panda is a legend!

Yep. He'll even get in and out of the car while still be dry.

The last picture, where the Focus knocked the parking machine is brilliant :) I fell of couch looking at that, laughing.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Marlow wrote: »
    What paper was that article in and what date? That's just absolutely gorgeous.

/M

It's in this weeks mayo advertiser you can see it in the online version on the site: http://www.advertiser.ie/mayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Today out in Liffey Valley Retail Park, car park was 3/4s or more empty, and this idiot parks across two disabled spots (no badge in the car)
    Not the best photo but you get the idea
    DSC00420.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Ha, im just back from there and seen that guy too... Didnt have my phone with me though

subway wrote: »
    maximum penalty under law (5 points and court fine) for not submitting a defence

The points can't be applied, if the driving license isn't present, as the details need to be noted down by the clerc and send of to the RSA for the points to be applied. This could very well be the reason for the ruling.

Points follow the license, a driving ban is on the person and applies even to people with foreign licenses.

Also remember, that in the past points never were applied on court cases for speeding for example and based on that experience, even if it has been rectified now, the judge could have ruled this way to make sure, it has the appropriate effect.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

muppets!

corktina wrote: »
    muppets!

That looks more like a Ford Classics meet. And somebody clearly thought it's a great idea to do a few burnouts before they arrived.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Tesco car park - Celbridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

muppets!

definitely deserve a 12 month ban :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Sep.Oct%2010%20026.JPG?psid=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

range.jpg

P.C. wrote: »
    Sep.Oct%2010%20026.JPG?psid=1

its only the bike right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

its only the bike right there!

Used to work in that Tesco's and the parking there was always shocking... Think it was the local residents.. nobody could put a car between the spaces.. Some woman drover over the little wall at the edge of the car park to get out.. about a 4foot drop on the other side..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Used to work in that Tesco's and the parking there was always shocking... Think it was the local residents.. nobody could put a car between the spaces.. Some woman drover over the little wall at the edge of the car park to get out.. about a 4foot drop on the other side..

That car park is notorious, i try to completely avoid it if at all possible, and if i do have to go there i park a million miles away!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

zapata wrote: »
    Tesco car park - Celbridge.

Tesco Celbridge is always like that. Most cars in the disabled spots don't have tags...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Havent seen any videos here yet so have a look at this...:D

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Havent seen any videos here yet so have a look at this...:D

In France they do use their bumpers. But truely, I think she would have needed a few more lessons before they should given her the license.

/M

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

A friend of mine has an '08 A4 which he got brand new from the factory.

He ALWAYS takes up two spaces so as no one will scratch or dent his car when getting in or out at tight spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

I love how the wipers come on halfway through!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

12 element wrote: »

I love how she just leaves it fcuked any auld way and heads off about her business!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

A friend of mine has an '08 A4 which he got brand new from the factory.

He ALWAYS takes up two spaces so as no one will scratch or dent his car when getting in or out at tight spaces.

pff 08???? crikey that's due for NCT soon. :rolleyes:

gotta give credit for optimism though.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I love how she just leaves it fcuked any auld way and heads off about her business!

checks her car for damage..not even a glance at the other one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭996tt

In France they do use their bumpers. But truely, I think she would have needed a few more lessons before they should given her the license.

/M

In Argentina its common courtesy to leave your handbrake off to allow people to bump their way out as cars are parked so close together. they do it in a courteous way though, the impact is middle of the bumper to middle of the bumper so very little damage is done as opposed to catching a corner of a bumper where more damage will be done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

996tt wrote: »
    In Argentina its common courtesy to leave your handbrake off to allow people to bump their way out as cars are parked so close together. they do it in a courteous way though, the impact is middle of the bumper to middle of the bumper so very little damage is done as opposed to catching a corner of a bumper where more damage will be done

Id be fairly courteous too.. id ring the ambulance for the fooker before i knock him out...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

In France they do use their bumpers.
    /M

Yeah, but they give you a gentle nudge in France, she hit the silver Toledo fairly hard, you can see its bumper move a bit.

I think that is Holland btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

12 element wrote: »
    Hey, there was a few tiny winy speck dot of Rain, she needed to clean the car window so she be able to see the car in front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

This Merc is parked in a Taxi Rank/Loading bay on Harcourt Street today. Obviously the clampers felt sorry for him seeing as they can't clamp the Garda cars parked there too. Looks like the chain wasn't put on securely and is just falling off, or some fairy godmother got at it with an angle grinder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

as they can't clamp the Garda cars parked there too.!

Why not?

They're breaking the law too, are they exempt from the rules of the road?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Tallon wrote: »
    Why not?

In the course of duty they can break any road law they want.

Whether or not parking the car to go into the station would be considered in the course of their duty is up for debate though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Tallon wrote: »
    Why not?

I should have said won't rather than can't. I agree, they should get clamped particularly the personal cars belong to AGS parked obnoxiously along Harcourt St. I remember there was a spate of clamping that lasted about an hour and then it returned to chaos!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement