Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

KamiKazi wrote: »
    In the course of duty they can break any road law they want.

Whether or not parking the car to go into the station would be considered in the course of their duty is up for debate though.

No it's not. Not a daily occurance like that.

Had it been outside a bank being robbed, and he was parked in a bus lane/loading bay/ taxi rank, then yes.

I know what you mean by 'up for debate' but I hate that attitude from Gards. If you don't like people driving/parking in a bus lane, don't do it yourself.

Lead by example and all that

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've seen this car twice in Dromoland castle. The car is on a forest walk, didn't think anyone but golf buggies could drive up here.

361dr.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cornmarket Car park in Limerick

I know it's small, and it's in the space, but how the feck did they think they were going to get out? :)

371v.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82,551 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

KamiKazi wrote: »
    In the course of duty they can break any road law they want.

Whether or not parking the car to go into the station would be considered in the course of their duty is up for debate though.

And parking their own personal car for a full shift on a double yellow line on a corner and sometimes over full the weekend would be another debate ;). And parking them in legitimate spaces must cost Dublin City Council a good €250,000 plus annually of missed revenue for those working in Harcourt Street HQ alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

And parking their own personal car for a full shift on a double yellow line on a corner and sometimes over full the weekend would be another debate ;). And parking them in legitimate spaces must cost Dublin City Council a good €250,000 plus annually of missed revenue for those working in Harcourt Street HQ alone.
    Leaving aside the legality angle for the moment, it shows a complete disregard for the convenience & safety of the general public.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ziggy_Stardust

Seen this earlier and thought you lads might enjoy it. Plenty of non-disabled parking available too.

parkjob.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

lash this up whit the skangermobile thread too.. White wheels and that massive sunvisor.. Just in case you didnt recognise what car it is!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Unbeliveable!!!
    This wasn't a quick pop to the shop. I was there 20 minutes & he was still there when I left.
    130967.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Seen this earlier and thought you lads might enjoy it. Plenty of non-disabled parking available too.

parkjob.jpg
    that looks like the HP building!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I could cross post this in a number of threads.

1. Stupid car
    2. Really stupid license plate.
    3. Horrific parking.

147.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

his numberplate says it all

• Advertisement

Seems I can buy that plate from regtransfers.co.uk for a mere £30 grand. And it was on a lambo before.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

no photo but there was a taxi parked in the driving lane facing the opposite direction to traffic less than 5m from the junction in Cabinteely village last night, fully blocking it.

Had his hazards on though so was ok
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

no photo but there was a taxi parked in the driving lane facing the opposite direction to traffic less than 5m from the junction in Cabinteely village last night, fully blocking it.

Had his hazards on though so was ok
    :rolleyes:

I was leaving a shopping centre car park the other day and there was a taxi parked in front of the shopping centre entrance blocking my lane. I couldnt go around him because there were cars coming the other way.

I gave him a quick toot of the horn. Just an alert I was there not quite a "get the fvck out of my way" toot. What does he do? He puts on his hazards. Seriously!!!!

BBBBBBLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPP went my horn with some hand gestures out the window. He gets out to come back to me and I thought "FVCK THIS" and starting scrambling with my seat belt(like a lunatic - all an act) and my missus was trying to hold me back.

He saw my lunatic face and my missus holding me back and got back in and moved.

LOL. A gust of wind could beat me up for fvcks sake. I simply had had enough that day. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

First time I remember going driving with my dad he had a Reno 5 and he's 6 foot 6.

Anyway, some taxi fella was blocking the way and he did the same, gave a beep. nothing, so beeped again, ya man comes over and starts shouting and my dad pretends to strugle to get out cause the car is so small and the taxi man shít himself.

It was like that scene from police academy with Hightower :pac:

1min 30seconds...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phHZ2HOkn8s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I was leaving a shopping centre car park the other day and there was a taxi parked in front of the shopping centre entrance blocking my lane. I couldnt go around him because there were cars coming the other way.

I gave him a quick toot of the horn. Just an alert I was there not quite a "get the fvck out of my way" toot. What does he do? He puts on his hazards. Seriously!!!!

BBBBBBLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPP went my horn with some hand gestures out the window. He gets out to come back to me and I thought "FVCK THIS" and starting scrambling with my seat belt(like a lunatic - all an act) and my missus was trying to hold me back.

He saw my lunatic face and my missus holding me back and got back in and moved.

LOL. A gust of wind could beat me up for fvcks sake. I simply had had enough that day. :mad:

Berty has had enough.......

13_midi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Parked in the middle of the road. Literally.

131079.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I thought there was a machine gun turret on top of that Megane for a minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I thought there was a machine gun turret on top of that Megane for a minute!

Is there anything in the NCT about not having a machine gun turret installed?

*runs off to check documentation*

• Registered Users Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Thoie wrote: »
    Is there anything in the NCT about not having a machine gun turret installed?

*runs off to check documentation*

you'd fall under the catch all term of "terrorist" I'm afraid, and the law won't like that.

(Plus you really need a hilux for that kinda thing)

You could legally put a rifle rack on your car and nobody could say a frickin thing.

I had my boss with me the other week and we headed into a hardware shop so I could show him the gun shop. Its mad! Thurles Co Tipperary. There is a room filled with shotguns, sniper rifles, regular rifles(whats regular), pistols etc etc.

• Advertisement

002fz.th.jpg

Lidl in Shannon. Nice bike. Crap parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

MarkR wrote: »

Lidl in Shannon. Nice bike. Crap parking.

It is possible that the rider of that trike has a disabled permit to park in this spot. I know of a few bikers that moved to trikes/sidecars after bad accidents.

It's also possible they're a tosser.;)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

I did take that into consideration, didn't see a permit, but I didn't go CSI on it. :)

I did take that into consideration, didn't see a permit, but I didn't go CSI on it. :)

2010.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Berty wrote: »
    You could legally put a rifle rack on your car and nobody could say a frickin thing.

I had my boss with me the other week and we headed into a hardware shop so I could show him the gun shop. Its mad! Thurles Co Tipperary. There is a room filled with shotguns, sniper rifles, regular rifles(whats regular), pistols etc etc.

Sounds fun! Where exactly is it ;P

phill106 wrote: »
    Sounds fun! Where exactly is it ;P

Stakelums Centre, Nenagh Road, Thurles.

Think I met the guy. I was going up the stairs to a cash office in a supermarket. He was coming down with a shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Think I met the guy. I was going up the stairs to a cash office in a supermarket. He was coming down with a shotgun.

Was he carrying a bag with swag or euro symbol on outside? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Steerpike

What about this half-wit? Spotted in Tescos, Maynooth.

• Advertisement

A 97 Civic. Thats seriously needs it own parking space without the fear of a ding on the door. He MUST protect his resale value sur'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement