Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,651 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Had a bit of a success story yesterday, guy parking his 318ci over the white line up in Carrickmines, I got out of the car and shouted at him to move over so I could fit in beside, he put up a bit of a sheepish excuse, but with all the people around, and others queuing for a space, he got back in, and moved the car over. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

astrofool wrote: »
    Had a bit of a success story yesterday, guy parking his 318ci over the white line up in Carrickmines, I got out of the car and shouted at him to move over so I could fit in beside, he put up a bit of a sheepish excuse, but with all the people around, and others queuing for a space, he got back in, and moved the car over. :)

Just out of curiosity, what was his excuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Patrick85

K I was at home over the weekend to bury a dear friend of mine and while I was at the funeral my dad took my car to get a one over because he's a good father that way:) problem is he made the unforgiveable mistake of parking perfectly (he's a garda inspector) but leaving teh wheel turned full arc which was required to get into the space as my car is about 2-3ft longer than a toyota avensis but this ass hole rammed my wheel into being straight with his bumper and left the wheel buckled the 2000e suspension system in shreds upon my father and thankfully another on duty garda returning to the car his excuse was he had to fit his car in and the 4 inches of wheel jutting out was a safety hazard and he did a public service the wheel was less than the lenght of a wing mirror stuck out so the garda arrested him for deliberate criminal damage but I am still stuck without a car now for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

So your dad took your car to work at the Garda station where another Garda rammed your turned wheel forwards again?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,651 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

jimoc wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, what was his excuse?

He thought the well parked (as in between the lines) Range Rover to his left was parked too close to him (despite there still being about 3ft of distance after he fixed his parking).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Patrick85 wrote: »
    K I was at home over the weekend to bury a dear friend of mine and while I was at the funeral my dad took my car to get a one over because he's a good father that way:) problem is he made the unforgiveable mistake of parking perfectly (he's a garda inspector) but leaving teh wheel turned full arc which was required to get into the space as my car is about 2-3ft longer than a toyota avensis but this ass hole rammed my wheel into being straight with his bumper and left the wheel buckled the 2000e suspension system in shreds upon my father and thankfully another on duty garda returning to the car his excuse was he had to fit his car in and the 4 inches of wheel jutting out was a safety hazard and he did a public service the wheel was less than the lenght of a wing mirror stuck out so the garda arrested him for deliberate criminal damage but I am still stuck without a car now for a few weeks

Not one full stop. Not even at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

K I was at home over the weekend to bury a dear friend of mine.
    while I was at the funeral my dad took my car to get a one over because he's a good father that way:) "to get a one over???"

problem is he made the unforgivable mistake of parking perfectly (he's a garda inspector) but leaving the wheel turned full arc which was required to get into the space as my car is about 2-3ft longer than a toyota avensis.

but this ass hole rammed my wheel into being straight with his bumper and left the wheel buckled the 2000e suspension system in shreds.

upon my father's return and thankfully another on duty garda returning to the car his excuse was he had to fit his car in and the 4 inches of wheel jutting out was a safety hazard and he did a public service.

the wheel was less than the length of a wing mirror stuck out so the garda arrested him for deliberate criminal damage but I am still stuck without a car now for a few weeks

I think :o
    I don't get the red bit but that guy sounds like a right douchebag, "public service" by straightening out your wheel:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

So your dad took your car to work at the Garda station where another Garda rammed your turned wheel forwards again?
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Patrick85

I don't get the red bit but that guy sounds like a right douchebag, "public service" by straightening out your wheel:confused:

sorry i'm dyslexic (litterally) he took it to get a once over(service check)

and the guy was an employee in the super value he stopped in

this has really really really annoyed me cus i was at the funeral of my best mate and my dad was being kind AND it is my dream car that I just finished restoring!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

sesna wrote: »
    Not one full stop. Not even at the end.

This is not the English forum. Do not post crap like that again here. Full Stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I'm pretty sure he meant "once over".
    It's really not that difficult to figure out.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

eoin wrote: »
    This is not the English forum. Do not post crap like that again here. Full Stop.

In fairness to Sesna, I dont think he was being snide, I also found it extremely difficult to read because of the lack of punctuation...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

a_v525 wrote: »
    In fairness to Sesna, I dont think he was being snide, I also found it extremely difficult to read because of the lack of punctuation...

Then report the post, and one of the mods will sort it out. It wasn't a constructive post whatsoever. Let's keep it on topic from now on please, you can send me a PM if there are any moderation issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

A few months ago, had a woman leave her car parked directly in front of a cul de sac that students and lecturers at our college use for parking. She was blocking in around 15 cars and should have clearly seen this when she pulled in even if she failed to notice the double-yellow lines. Anyway, while I was waiting to get my car out, a friend of hers pulled alongside to get something from the boot. Turned out she had gone into a special mass that was being held in the cathedral, had switched off her mobile and "probably wouldn't be out for another hour". In the meantime, another car that was parked on the footpath behind her came along and moved his car. Eventually we were just about able to squeeze out by driving over the footpath out onto the road. I've never felt more like giving a car a thump for good measure.

I restrained myself and instead just sent her a text saying her car was parked illegally, Galway City Council had been contacted and the car was about to be towed. It gave me some satisfaction to imagine her switching on the phone an hour later to read that message.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

friendface wrote: »
    A few months ago, had a woman leave her car parked directly in front of a cul de sac that students and lecturers at our college use for parking. She was blocking in around 15 cars and should have clearly seen this when she pulled in even if she failed to notice the double-yellow lines. Anyway, while I was waiting to get my car out, a friend of hers pulled alongside to get something from the boot. Turned out she had gone into a special mass that was being held in the cathedral, had switched off her mobile and "probably wouldn't be out for another hour". In the meantime, another car that was parked on the footpath behind her came along and moved his car. Eventually we were just about able to squeeze out by driving over the footpath out onto the road. I've never felt more like giving a car a thump for good measure.

I restrained myself and instead just sent her a text saying her car was parked illegally, Galway City Council had been contacted and the car was about to be towed. It gave me some satisfaction to imagine her switching on the phone an hour later to read that message.

I can't see anything wrong in the picture...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

It's not a picture of the actual event, it's a Google Streetview of the junction.

Ohhhhh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

I can't see anything wrong in the picture...?

Just posting a street-view link for reference. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera on my person at the time to capture a picture of this particular persons preposterous parking position. :D

Holy alliteration Batman :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

.......AND it is my dream car that I just finished restoring!!

What year is that car Patrick? Or more specific what model? Newport? New Yorker? or something else. Any pics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Merrion UG Carpark for Tesco, nice! :o

carvg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

friendface wrote: »

i hate to say this but maybe you should take a leaf out of the dublin book and do something like push her car onto the street and block traffic and call the gardai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

corglass wrote: »
    Merrion UG Carpark for Tesco, nice! :o

carvg.jpg
    One more and you would have had Connect-4, close, oh so close...

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

Absurdum wrote: »
    little bit harsh tbh!

Nothing harsh about that at all. If the Gardai were to punish more people for driving offences then maybe people might start parking (and driving) with a bit more courtesy to others on Irish roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Hmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Hmmmm.
    Carrigtohill?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

langdang wrote: »
    Carrigtohill?

East Cork. The normal rules don't apply.

n7TPT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Someone mentioned this site a while ago, but just saw this - i LOVE the comment underneath,
    http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/gallery2/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=23390

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=23390&g2_serialNumber=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

No possible way she didn't damage that car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Tallon wrote: »
    No possible way she didn't damage that car

Ah but come on, give her a break "she only had her licence a few days" hahah
    -Policeman "Oh, a few days you say? That's a different story. OK, on your way you"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement