Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Half in a disabled zone & taking up the space beside to run into the shop.
    The funny thing is there were about 5 emtpy spaces right outside the shop to the right of the pic.
    reddys1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

This is a TAXI parking space. The picture does not do the parking job justice because the guy on the right is WAYYYYYY over the white lines back into the road. I was just about to take the picture from another angle when the numpty below arrives and drops anchor.

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

JustinOval wrote: »
    East Cork. The normal rules don't apply

Good ol' Centra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

She didnt seem too bothered when i pointed out her parking..:rolleyes:

20101020164511.jpg
    20101020164520.jpg

This irritates me more than any other parking. Lazy inconsiderate b*tch. Obviously her cigarettes were more important than people needing fuel.

IMG_0197.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Berty wrote: »
    This irritates me more than any other parking. Lazy inconsiderate b*tch. Obviously her cigarettes were more important than people needing fuel.

Nothing bugs me more. Is that Newport? If it is the forecourt is fuuking huge, no need to block up the pumps. Lazy gits.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    Nothing bugs me more. Is that Newport? If it is the forecourt is fuuking huge.

It is Newport. Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Berty wrote: »

I made a scene one day when a woman parked in the centre of the petrol station on the south side of mountrath, (where owen reddy's garage used to be), hopped out and proceeded into the shop blocking access to 4 out of 6 pumps. I lost the head but she got the point....wasn't long moving the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭robust

should of gone to spec savers.....beaumont hosp today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Seen this in aldi in navan
    Image0155.jpg
    There is no excuse for such poor parking :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Look at this character in blessington ! Should be shot![IMG][/img]e10e6a72.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

mondeo wrote: »
    Look at this character in blessington ! Should be shot!

Well i suppose he's managed to not park on the yellow lines...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Ye ya can't argue with that haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Please do not forget that if you are parking illegally in Ireland you must always operate your hazard warning lights - apparently a lot of people believe that this makes your car invisible and or exempt from road traffic laws :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

range.jpg

That view is wow :o
    Parking awful :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

dgt wrote: »
    Seen this in aldi in navan
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/364198/131957.jpg
    There is no excuse for such poor parking :mad:
    Twas a tighte space, bearly made it... no douubt!! Very difficult to manooeuvre.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Stop quoting huge photos please.

Just change to instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Very busy Wilton car park.
    gFJMy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

JustinOval wrote: »
    Very busy Wilton car park.
    gFJMy.jpg

I see these pricks parking in two spots all the time. What can we do to teach them a lesson?

Keying the car or deflating the threshold is probably a bit much.
    I'd love to paint a white stripe along the car where they've parked over the line. Impossible to get away with tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

some inconciderate scumbag neighbours i have to put up with on a regular basis,taking up two spaces with one sh*t heap in this one .and on two occasions blocking my driver door and refusing to move it

[IMG][/img]22102010801.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

some inconciderate scumbag neighbours i have to put up with on a regular basis,taking up two spaces with one sh*t heap in this one .and on two occasions blocking my driver door and refusing to move it

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w295/slaytastic66/22102010801.jpg

2 spaces? Thats only one space. You should be parking parallell to the kerb

Tallon wrote: »
    2 spaces? Thats only one space. You should be parking parallell to the kerb

its a half circle ..and where my car is its sticking out ,if the red one was moved over a small bit thered be enough for another car to fit .its been worse than then the photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

its a half circle .

Doesn't matter, rules of the road still apply

A semi-circle is not for parking differnet, it's for turning around in

its not a main road its in off a main road.youd have to see it ..

anyway point is we all have to live there so everyone should be considerate of each other ,or should i just park like a jackass too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Keith186 wrote: »
    I see these pricks parking in two spots all the time. What can we do to teach them a lesson?

I'd love to paint a white stripe along the car where they've parked over the line. Impossible to get away with tho...

I'm posting the picture on the internet, that's about as far as I want to go with it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Well i suppose he's managed to not park on the yellow lines...

what do you mean "he"?
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Keith186 wrote: »

Not very nice. Would be a pity for a parent to come back to their car vandalised. That car park in Wilton has very small spacees. See the hedge on the left? Maybe someone needs to load a child in there later.

Either way how the public decide to park has nothing to do with anyone here. If they park inappropriately then the car park owner can take action. If on a public road then there are laws for that.

It's worrying to read these types of posts.

Cheers
    CM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Morrigin

CarMuppet wrote: »
    Not very nice. Would be a pity for a parent to come back to their car vandalised. That car park in Wilton has very small spacees. See the hedge on the left? Maybe someone needs to load a child in there later.

But there's two spaces there so they didn't have to park beside the hedge if they didn't want to.

Frankly if someone's space perception is so bad that they are incapable of parking their car between two reasonably spaced lines then they shouldn't be driving as they're a danger to themselves and others. These are probably the same people who straddle two lanes on a motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Morrigin wrote: »
    Frankly if someone's space perception is so bad that they are incapable of parking their car between two reasonably spaced lines then they shouldn't be driving as they're a danger to themselves and others. These are probably the same people who straddle two lanes on a motorway.
    You've obviously never tried parking in the Wilton Shopping Center then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Morrigin wrote: »
    But there's two spaces there so they didn't have to park beside the hedge if they didn't want to.

:). Fair enough. My point is vandalising a car is not acceptable civilised behaviour just because you (or me) disagree with the actions of a stranger. And the "what can we do about this attitude" expressed in this and other posts on this thread is a bit worrying. I like looking at the silly photos on this thread, it's a benign form of entertainment. As long a it's left at that it's all fine, right? :)

Parking on a White line is not a danger to life, but messing around on a public road at high velocity is an other matter altogether.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement