Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

Possibly delivering oxygen to whoever lives in the house he's parked outside. Would you like him to park in the car park down the road (North Circular Road at St. Peters Church right?) and walk up with the oxygen?

There is a GP's surgery in one of those houses, I'd say he was delivering there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

willyg wrote: »
    It that car is in a dangerous place it is now going to have to remain there longer!! I'm not a fan of clamping, just take it away.

If you park in a dangerous place (i.e., abandoned on the road), they tow you away and then clamp you in UL. If you just park like an ass, they clamp you, and rightly so. I hate clamping with a passion, but for ignorant parkers it's justified :P
    east gate car park in ul.

@dougie tis easy know you'll never be clamped on your 10"s :P

and tbh thats not the worst i've seen out there either

It's not the worst, but it's the first car I've seen this year clamped for parking like a tit (granted I generally park up in college court, as I don't get in early enough for a campus space). The UL clamping crowd are pretty spot on I've found, and the release fee is only €25 or something if you do get caught.

Not that the clamps they use would even fit between my arches and wheels if they tried :rolleyes:

And I'm also not impressed with the amount of staff spaces allocated. Surely they should be promoting "green travel" and all that carry on by encouraging staff to use alternative modes of transport, not giving them designated spaces...
    Berty wrote: »
    Why would they clamp there? There is nothing out there. :confused:

Students are surely too lazy to walk that far. :confused:

Because after 8:30 in the morning, you're lucky to find a space on campus. If you can't get up early enough to guarantee a space, wildly abandoning the car isn't an excuse, when there's several housing estates with plenty parking within walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

my pet peeve is that sometimes there are far too many disabled places allocated

HOw do you come to this conclusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

HOw do you come to this conclusion?

Well in some areas, i tend to agree. For instance local tesco, there is about 20 disabled parking spaces in front of the door. I have never seen more then 2-3 of these occupied by badge holders. Am i to believe that planners thought there may be an occasion where one tesco, all on its own in a shopping centre would have 20 random cars with parking permits arrive en masse? At the same time?

Similarly in places like homebase. Far too many there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pjg0819

I feel your wrath! I work at a childrens hospital in dublin and its mostly old people parking their cars anywhere even on the set down for ambulance at front door and when you tell them to move its like "how dare you, i am old and can't walk i need to park here next to door". USE YOU GOD DAMN BRAINS PPL AND HAVE SOME CONSIDERATION FOR OTHERS. I dont know how i havn't attacked anyone yet in this job yet :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

How about this for completely taking the piss.
    OH came home from work, to find access to our drive completely blocked by this guy. Hes not even on the curb, hes right infront of our drive way. OH had to park across the road on the curb!

What a total lack of respect of someones property. It happens too often in our estate. Its starting to get to me. There has been times when we have been completely blocked into our own drive enable to go anywhere until the drive comes back.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

cowhands wrote: »
    OH came home from work, to find access to our drive completely blocked by this guy. Hes not even on the curb, hes right infront of our drive way. OH had to park across the road on the curb!

What a total lack of respect of someones property. It happens too often in our estate. Its starting to get to me. There has been times when we have been completely blocked into our own drive enable to go anywhere until the drive comes back.

What a prick.....thats a justified 4 flat tyre response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

furtzy wrote: »

Damage is never the answer!

I know it's annoying as hell but it's never justified by damaging the persons car.

@cowhands Have you said anything to the driver if this keeps happening?

Its not the same guy always, this was the first time we seen this van. As it happens my OH spoke to our next door neighbour, the van driver was working in his back garden and got him to move the van. Still pretty pissed off though. Why not block your own drive/ cars in. Why block access to our drive or even better dont employ gob ****es to work in your back garden!

There just seems to be a general lack of respect for peoples drives in this estate to be honest, we have 2 cars and space to park our 2 cars, we even extended our drive to make it a little bit more roomy getting in and out why should we be denied access to our own property I ask you. Disrespect is the only answer I can come up with :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

furtzy wrote: »

OP buy a clamp in Argos and be ready next time he or others pull a stunt like that or just block them both sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

I fully agree with you however my pet peeve is that sometimes there are far too many disabled places allocated

I agree, anyone know the dunnes in Athlone (the old one)? The amount of disabled parking spaces there is madness. 90% empty all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

As it happens my OH spoke to our next door neighbour, the van driver was working in his back garden and got him to move the van. Still pretty pissed off though. Why not block your own drive/ :(

NOW. *** Major, major problem. I'm out to the debt collector every week, I've no debts from him and be parks blocking me in.

But seriously, he and anyone else delivering to my neighbours, block my drive. I've two vehicle in my drive and one of my neighbours has none.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

We used have a crèche right beside us in our old estate - you'd see more 4x4s than a Dakar Rally in the mornings and evenings, and some of the parents were so ignorant - it wouldn't be unusual to come home and find someone parked across the driveway, or even halfway in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Get a hydraulic bollard fitted, hours of fun....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

AFAIK, if the pavement to your drive is dropped, then it's YOUR land. And you would be totally justified in calling the Old Bill to have it towed. If it's not, then I'm afraid as annoying as it may be, the idiot CAN park there.

If however, the *polite* word in the ear, and the threat of getting the van towed does not work, then direct action (not that I'm putting words in your mouth mind! :D) might be needed...

If someone is blocking access to your property, simply call the local gardai. They will arrange for it to be towed at owner (of truck) expense.

AFAIK, if the pavement to your drive is dropped, then it's YOUR land. And you would be totally justified in calling the Old Bill to have it towed. If it's not, then I'm afraid as annoying as it may be, the idiot CAN park there.

If however, the *polite* word in the ear, and the threat of getting the van towed does not work, then direct action (not that I'm putting words in your mouth mind! :D) might be needed...

What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭azwethinkweiz

Its not the same guy always, this was the first time we seen this van. As it happens my OH spoke to our next door neighbour, the van driver was working in his back garden and got him to move the van. Still pretty pissed off though. Why not block your own drive/ cars in. Why block access to our drive or even better dont employ gob ****es to work in your back garden!

There just seems to be a general lack of respect for peoples drives in this estate to be honest, we have 2 cars and space to park our 2 cars, we even extended our drive to make it a little bit more roomy getting in and out why should we be denied access to our own property I ask you. Disrespect is the only answer I can come up with :(

Lol... I know this estate ;), I live in the old estate... but I won't name names. Lotta parking in front of peoples drives going on around here lately... There's a woman 2 doors down with a drive and people kept blocking it and she called the guards out - no one has dared park there since lol!

Tallon wrote: »
    What do you mean?

Well - the words you've bolded may possibly be the answer.

Lol... I know this estate ;), I live in the old estate... but I won't name names. Lotta parking in front of peoples drives going on around here lately... There's a woman 2 doors down with a drive and people kept blocking it and she called the guards out - no one has dared park there since lol!

as it should be!
    See it works!

• Advertisement

Yep its dropped.. :D

The old estate...Im confused? (that can happen easily mind!)

Well - the words you've bolded may possibly be the answer.

Ok, let me re-phrase, what type of direct action? Calling the gaurds maybe?

langdang wrote: »
    Get a hydraulic bollard fitted, hours of fun....;)

I'm assuming ill need to get some sort of neighbour approval, or city approval at least, right? Hey why not just go for the gusto, a drawbridge and moat too ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

A buddy of mine took this, but I thought it deserved being put up here,

In Tralee -

park.jpg

Tallon wrote: »
    Ok, let me re-phrase, what type of direct action? Calling the gaurds maybe?

Yes -that would be what I meant. Please read my first para...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭pah

so mine's the smax, went shopping today in bishopstown, came out to find these 3 cars pulled int the row behind me where there are No spaces.

good thing i was on the end as the smax is big ;)

http://dl.dropbox.com/0/view/jgypyvn3tui0wma/Photos/Photo%20Oct%2029%2C%207%2028%2034%20p.m..jpg

the funny thing is, as i was packing the shopping in the car, a woman pulled up alongside the focus and parked her car, LOL.

i mouthed are you for real? she stuck her head out the window and i explained how it wasnt a parking space :rolleyes:

heres a pic from the other side as i drove off.

http://dl.dropbox.com/0/view/11qzyi51bjzdair/Photos/Photo%20Oct%2029%2C%206%2038%2004%20p.m..jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I know the spot in bishopstown. I always do our shopping there. I even see them stopping on the side of the road and abandoning the car.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

pah wrote: »
    so mine's the smax, went shopping today in bishopstown, came out to find these 3 cars pulled int the row behind me where there are No spaces.

good thing i was on the end as the smax is big ;)

the funny thing is, as i was packing the shopping in the car, a woman pulled up alongside the focus and parked her car, LOL.

i mouthed are you for real? she stuck her head out the window and i explained how it wasnt a parking space :rolleyes:

heres a pic from the other side as i drove off.

please, for the love of god, resize your pictures :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

kceire wrote: »
    please, for the love of god, resize your pictures :mad:

Was just about to post the same thing...
    So annoying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement