Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Nice spotting Magnus, i love this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

milltown wrote: »
    What are we looking at there ^ Magnus?
    I hope the parking isn't as poor as the photography ;)

Busy car park and people parking well into the next spot, forcing others to park crooked too. You can see they are well over the white T line indicating the boxes.

Hush you - that's some quality photography right there mate :D

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Never knew you were a Galway man Magnus! If only my phones camera wasnt so ****e I could contribute.

Galway parkers can be pretty awful at times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭3DataModem

draffodx wrote: »
    Went to get oil in halfords in the retail park in Drogheda and came across this parking job......

I simply cant understand it at all?

I'm going to speculate that there was a car to the right and the driver wanted easy access to the rear doors (car seats? elderly passenger?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

kdevitt wrote: »
    I'm not normally one for Victor Meldrew-esque topics like this, but this bit of parking took the biscuit yesterday :D. Not the foreground - but the X5 in the background parked across 3 spots diagonally. Was there for about 10 minutes like that with a kid stuck in the back seat, hence the lights being on.

Is that in Roselawn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Is that in Roselawn?

Yes

Can I go a little bit off-topic to look at some amazing parking, rather than obnoxious parking. How on earth did this guy get his big jeep into this slot on Ballinteer Road, just beside the old laundrette? Does he have James Bond wheels that turn 90-degrees?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd really have to see a side-on picture, but it doesn't look that tight to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Its not I have parked in that spot a few times many many many years ago i.e. 10+;)

Often see cars parked into that spot alright, usually small cars though, i would imagine its tight enough to get a jeep in there, plus you dont have alot of time to manoeuvre around with it being right on the main road and having an abundance of pedestrians on that pathway most of the day!

• Advertisement

Can I go a little bit off-topic to look at some amazing parking, rather than obnoxious parking. How on earth did this guy get his big jeep into this slot on Ballinteer Road, just beside the old laundrette? Does he have James Bond wheels that turn 90-degrees?
    Anan1 wrote: »
    I'd really have to see a side-on picture, but it doesn't look that tight to me?
    Its not I have parked in that spot a few times many many many years ago i.e. 10+;)
    The-Game wrote: »
    Often see cars parked into that spot alright, usually small cars though, i would imagine its tight enough to get a jeep in there, plus you dont have alot of time to manoeuvre around with it being right on the main road and having an abundance of pedestrians on that pathway most of the day!

OK, so I managed to get a side-on shot over Xmas, with a VW golf in the slot - I still think it was pretty amazing to get the big jeep into that spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Are people really parking outside someones house like that?

hacktavist wrote: »
    Are people really parking outside someones house like that?

I think its someone in the house parks there most of the time to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I'm guessin that when theres no car there..theres that cone..

Its just a sign of the times i think..people will park anywhere they can/want...if it stops them having to walk a bit i'll be worth the effort...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Berty wrote: »
    Nice one old man!

PICT0783.jpg

The way people park at this service station is beyond nuts Berty!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

OK, so I managed to get a side-on shot over Xmas, with a VW golf in the slot - I still think it was pretty amazing to get the big jeep into that spot.

This is how he parked in there;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Was at this shop today with my cousin, a disabled driver. One disabled space, occupied buy this. No blue badge on the windscreen. :mad:

101849.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

JHMEG wrote: »
    Was at this shop today with my cousin, a disabled driver. One disabled space, occupied buy this. No blue badge on the windscreen. :mad:

Send him an SMS, that parking in a disabled spot isn't ok. If you don't challenge him, he won't change his attitude. He might never, but you at least would make the attempt.

/M

JHMEG wrote: »

101849.jpg

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Eye cinema underground parking garage is very big but most spaces were taken the other day.
    It didn't help that this person takes up 2 spaces across from the main door.

8b8bc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

Mmmm nice big disabled bays for ease of loading wheelchairs at a hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Nice username.............vandriver.

I bet you are guilty of a few parking violations in your time. Hell you were probably trying to park there yourself. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Don't have photos, but the hospital beside where I live is pay parking around the front and limited free parking at the back. Whilst I was visiting somebody in the hospital, a load of people parked in the free parking area, went to the boot and got out suitcases to get the bus to the airport (which collects pretty close to the hospital). This takes up spots which could be used by people who are visiting critically ill people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I bet you are guilty of a few parking violations in your time. Hell you were probably trying to park there yourself. :p

Bit of an assumption or two there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Nice username there.............Berty
    I bet you are made of liquorice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

Lads,I was rising above the lazy stereotyping by keeping a dignified silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

franksm wrote: »
    GreeBo wrote: »
    vandriver wrote: »

I see you all managed to miss the ":p" in my post ^^^^

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

franksm wrote: »
    GreeBo wrote: »

guys i think it was a tongue in cheek statement.............please say you all havent left your sense of humour's in work as you left this afternoon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Mmmm nice big disabled bays for ease of loading wheelchairs at a hospital.
    Looks like Tallaght hospital to me? If so, that's pretty tame compared to a lot of what goes on there, especially in the staff car parks. If I'm not mistaken the area you can see in the background there is just outside the A&E entrance, and there are regularly cars parked all along there where the ambulances come in. Not to mention the organized chaos outside the main patient entrance with cars and taxis seemingly just abandoned, and a rather forlorn looking 'security guard' wandering around looking completely powerless. It's a mess.

• Advertisement

A bumper crop of abusers of disabled parking facilities spotted at Total Fitness Sandyford over the weekend. I guess the irony of driving to a gym for exercise purposes and being too lazy to park 20 yards further away, leaving the disabled facilities for those who need them most escapes these geniuses.

I'll be sending on details of the RPA vehicle to their head honchos.

Pride of place goes to the BMW driver of 99D89474 who managed to block 3 disabled spots by parking horizontally. Classy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement