Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

3213E50906964351BE850930415281AE-0000318241-0002024978-00500L-17AC06AD2A3E468EAB8FBAAC854E4E1B.jpg

Car park almost completely empty!!!!

That has to be Tesco in Castlebar. I have seen worse there believe me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Who says they were shopping? Guards are exempt for a reason.
    They could have been responding to a panic alarm, dealing with a shoplifter etc. The X5 parked across 3 disabled bay deserves to be here because there is NO excuse for it. There are plenty of reasons for a Garda car to be parked there. Would you have given out if it had been an ambulance or fire car parked there? Prob not

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Who says they were shopping? Guards are exempt for a reason.
    They could have been responding to a panic alarm, dealing with a shoplifter etc. The X5 parked across 3 disabled bay deserves to be here because there is NO excuse for it. There are plenty of reasons for a Garda car to be parked there. Would you have given out if it had been an ambulance or fire car parked there? Prob not
    I says they were shopping as they were in the aisle beside me.

That said I didnt fingerprint them at the time but I think my case sticks your honour :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Slightly Bunkers

statto25 wrote: »
    That has to be Tesco in Castlebar. I have seen worse there believe me!

It is indeed and it is always bad!!! Castlebar people do not like to walk too far!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

GreeBo wrote: »
    I says they were shopping as they were in the aisle beside me.
    That's shameful behaviour by Gardaí if they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Just dump it out in the middle of the through-road there, anywhere is fine.

AeZdP.jpg

..oh, and you too?

jf7As.jpg

WTF? LOL

m1jzQ.jpg

Have they actually blocked off the exit?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Fonthill retail park today.
    God forbid someone might ding their honda fit.
    5DA0F98D59A446BE80A96AE72BF189D3-0000339461-0002026142-00500L-9BBFBCEE87CB492BB501A1D3F173B48C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redcube

as any one every been in Newport town in Co. Tip there is a car park there but its empty 80% of the time the street is always full of cars badly parked i lived for a year and have been popping in and out of the place for 5 years now cause my girlfriend lives there and saw a lot of larger bus and trucks taking wing mirrors clean of cars my local town Miltown Malbay was bad for parking but it wasn't bad this year as there is a traffic warder there now at long last

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Didn't get a pic cos I was using my phone as a sat nav! But a GOWL just now, in an Isuzu of some description, somewhere between town and Phibsboro, pulled up to the traffic lights in the left-turning lane of two lanes (I was turning left too), put on his hazards, hopped out and went across the road blocking up the lane entirely.. not even a cursory two wheels on the pavement or anything!* The traffic in the right lane was much too heavy to get around him quickly so I was still there when he came back. I am usually very horn-shy but he got honked out of it when he came back.

*Not that I endorse parking up on the pavement but it was just so blatant and obnoxious the way he happily left the car in the middle of traffic! It was a really wide pavement too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

All parked in disabled spots in Carrickmines today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Superquinn Knocklyon:

http://i53.tinypic.com/21cv47a.jpg

Obviously the cops dont need to obey the rules when they are shopping...

I reckon they were waiting for the JCB that was due to try take that ATM later in the evening:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

All parked in disabled spots in Carrickmines today.

You could go there any time you like and see just as many cars not displaying disabled parking permits in those spaces.
    I can never figure out how these people ever think this is in anyway justifiable.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vanthevan

734yycyc.jpg

I just wonder ...... how many laws does this one break ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vanthevan

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

1462b_thumb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Superquinn Knocklyon:

http://i53.tinypic.com/21cv47a.jpg

Obviously the cops dont need to obey the rules when they are shopping...
    I park their all the time if it's quiet and late at night and I want to use the ATM/am nipping into superquinn for one thing, maybe one day you can photograph me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Ikea. Van taking two spots, Merc taking 1.5 spots, and two beauts in disabled spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

Phoenix Park this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Orobhsa wrote: »

That's a disgrace!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

qz wrote: »
    That's a disgrace!

thats a layby/parking area. People often park like that when matches are on to fit a lot more cars safely.

Orobhsa wrote: »

Parked or stranded on the hump?

Tragedy wrote: »
    I park their all the time if it's quiet and late at night and I want to use the ATM/am nipping into superquinn for one thing, maybe one day you can photograph me! :D

If its quiet and late at night the defined spaces are about 3 yards from these double yellow lines.
    Why would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Parked or stranded on the hump?
    I would say stranded, no one could be that stupid to park it like that, then yet again we do have quite a lot of serial brutal parkers no matter how much space they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

I had to bite my lip this morning so as not to say something to a 'very important' member of An Garda Siochana. I got off the Luas at the Harcourt stop and was crossing Hatch Street to continue on down Harcourt Street.

This guy parked a 07 unmarked black Mondeo right on the corner of hatch Street/Harcourt Street on a double yellow line and blocking the little ramp in the kerb to facilitate disabled/people with prams etc. He crossed over to Harcourt Square and didn't give a damn about his dangerous inconsiderate obnoxious parking. I eyeballed him, but did not want to be questioned under some trumped up drug/terrorist rap, so I continued on my way muttering under my breath!

I had to bite my lip this morning so as not to say something to a 'very important' member of An Garda Siochana. I got off the Luas at the Harcourt stop and was crossing Hatch Street to continue on down Harcourt Street.

This guy parked a 07 unmarked black Mondeo right on the corner of hatch Street/Harcourt Street on a double yellow line and blocking the little ramp in the kerb to facilitate disabled/people with prams etc. He crossed over to Harcourt Square and didn't give a damn about his dangerous inconsiderate obnoxious parking. I eyeballed him, but did not want to be questioned under some trumped up drug/terrorist rap, so I continued on my way muttering under my breath!

It's a great opportunity to take a photo with your camera-phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

I could take one every day at that location, there's a Guard sitting in a hut opposite and I don't want to get in trouble for taking a photo of an official Garda vehhickle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You can't get in trouble if your not interfiering with them.

Take away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,784 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Tallon wrote: »
    You can't get in trouble if your not interfiering with them.

Take away!

you sure, didn't think you were allowed to take photo's of the ES?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement