Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 limerick_lady

Was in the AIB/Centra carpark beside the South Court Hotel in Limerick earlier today...by the side of the bank they have 4 spots - 2 for disabled drivers and 2 for "Parent & Children" A woman with not even a car seat in the back of her car, so couldn't pretend she was even collecting her child, went to pull into one of the spaces. As we were walking past the space, the woman next to me said "I hate when people do that...what if someone who genuinely needs the space arrives?" No sooner had she commented on it to me, the driver in question completely underestimated the length of her bonnet and hit the "Parent and Children" sign with significant force!

It was hilarious and proof that karma is infact alive and well!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It's a great opportunity to take a photo with your camera-phone.

Office of Garda Ombudsman please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

I could take one every day at that location, there's a Guard sitting in a hut opposite and I don't want to get in trouble for taking a photo of an official Garda vehhickle!

sure how are you to know its a garda car *whistles innocently*

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I eyeballed him, but did not want to be questioned under some trumped up drug/terrorist rap, so I continued on my way muttering under my breath!
    Say it to him, politely but firmly. People tend to forget who works for whom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I could take one every day at that location, there's a Guard sitting in a hut opposite and I don't want to get in trouble for taking a photo of an official Garda vehhickle!

The guy in the hut is snoozing, or reading the paper. He's really not studying the folk across the street handling their phone. A tiny bit of discretion and he'll never know whether you are taking a picture or sending a text or making a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Supervalu in Churchtown today. It's a bad enough car park as it is without bad parking!

Picture011.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Ok, I'll grab a pic of the Branch car offence tomorrow, you'd be kept busy on Harcourt Street to be honest, but this one is particularly inconsiderate.

That Super Valu car park in Churchtown is notorious. I also hate the way cars exiting it think they have right of way on the footpath. That store seems to attract a certain type of cretin.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,560 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Anan1 wrote: »

Yes there's enough dodgy and dangerous parking material in that area to make Bertie Aherns footpath parking looks sensible :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82,560 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ok, I'll grab a pic of the Branch car offence tomorrow, you'd be kept busy on Harcourt Street to be honest, but this one is particularly inconsiderate.

Keep an eye out for the cars which are not branch but appear also to be not private, they simply fly a tax disc of convenience for free onstreet parking purposes ;)

Here's one many will like

CD4_speedvans.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,394 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Mc Love wrote: »
    Here's one many will like

CD4_speedvans.jpg

Where is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

It's in Waterford. They were kitting out all the vans with stickers this morning and on Friday. Don't know if its a permanent speed van base or not though. All but one were 10-KY reg. One was 10-KK reg.

Here's another one...

The sign to the left of the blue van says "Parking in open areas is strictly prohibited" and goes on to say that clamping is in operation. Should have gone out and clamped one of them!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Anan1 wrote: »

Just be careful he doesn't take his baton out to you "politely but firmly":)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redcube

i was in cavan town today in the van and i parked in to a space nicely between the lines the car on my left was parked over the line so my passage door was facing the cars drivers door i was so close the mirror of the car was almost touching the van.
    So i hopped out of the van and my dad had to get out of the driver side cause he couldn't get out of the passage side then the owner came up to me and told me to "move my van now or else" i said back "no my van is in between the lines" i walked of to get my stuff came back 5mins later still there waiting for me to move i open the back door of the van and said to my dad in a loud voice "YOU WANT LUNCH" and walked of came back to see them still there but with a clamp on the car as my dad said to a traffic ward on duty that we can't get out of our space cause a car is parked over the line and to close to us where afraid we'd hit it.

I think that's a win for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

He told a warden he couldn't get out of his space and then the warden goes and clamps the car? Good job you weren't actually stuck, that makes no sense at all!

if i try to get out of the space i would have clean the front of the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you got in ok?????:confused:

i was ably to drive straight in as the parking lot was a bit empty but then it filled up and if i try to get out i would have hit the car parked on the line and the car behind me and beside me. i did not want to damage any ones car because of someone bad parking. My van is long it a LWB transit with out power steering

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Standard nonsense at Whitehall Church overflow (used by many as a park 'n ride)

135287.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

bkehoe wrote: »
    It's in Waterford. They were kitting out all the vans with stickers this morning and on Friday. Don't know if its a permanent speed van base or not though. All but one were 10-KY reg. One was 10-KK reg.

Here's another one...

The sign to the left of the blue van says "Parking in open areas is strictly prohibited" and goes on to say that clamping is in operation. Should have gone out and clamped one of them!!! ;)

Yeah all KY reges.. Are Dublin trying to point the blame to the furthest place away from them!

I assume the company is based in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Yeah all KY reges.. Are Dublin trying to point the blame to the furthest place away from them!

I assume the company is based in Kerry.
    There's some KK reg's too. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

photo.jpg

wilton, cork. The closest parking space to the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

^^^thats the first time i have have ever seen anyone clamped in wilton!

nice to see them doing something about the numpties taking the disabled spots,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

bladebrew wrote: »
    ^^^thats the first time i have have ever seen anyone clamped in wilton!

nice to see them doing something about the numpties taking the disabled spots,
    yea made me smile. The clamping firm are the ****ers who do the hospital, they'd clamp a wheelchair mate, expect to see a load more clamps soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭frank gooding

Not a huge fan of clampers, but clamping someone in a Handicap space without a card is to commended.

Amazing the amount of people that have no respect for handicapped spaces.

Both of these are in Rathmines, on 15-20m stretch by the post office (oppposite the tall building in the centre of the photo). http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=swm752ggb25b&lvl=19.268422811685678&dir=352.09198061291073&sty=o

Now, the parking in the bus stop isn't the worst - people often use the middle of the stop, making it completely useless and impairing access to the post office (delivery office at the back).

But parking on a pedestrian crossing is daft, but again isn't the worst (but wait) parking on a pedestrian crossing as there is a traffic island in the middle of the road and at least he's parking on the "after" side of the crossing, so people can still see approaching traffic and vice versa.

But the worst part of it all is that there is an available free parking space between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Victor wrote: »
    But the worst part of it all is that there is an available free parking space between the two.

I'm not defending him but surely that space wasn't free when he left it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

12 element wrote: »

He should never have left it there in the first place.

There is plenty of parking up the street (might be a 2 minute walk away), there is also the Tesco car (entrance accros the street).
    I know that these are all pay parking, but 30c gets you 15 mins in the Tesco car park, and if you spend more that about €8 in Tesco, you can get your parking cost back.

• Advertisement

12 element wrote: »
    You never know - he might have been "reserving" it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement