Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

To be fair it looks like his suspension has crumpled so he is going nowhere. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Beebaa

This is a regular ooccurance. Yes, blame to Tesco for letting the markings fade so much, but that doesn't excuse the car blocking the crossing.

4273982460_34a55ace89.jpg

Another pet hate of mine!

4209466910_a2bcac5a95.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Check out this ignorant tool - lunchtime, Airside Retail Park on a Saturday before Xmas; and the owner of this souped up piece of crap decides to BLATANTLY take up 4 spots.

All I can say is....wow.... :eek:

What a twunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/6735/twat1.jpg
    The owner of this lovely little car was one of the officials at the crucial world cup qualifier between France and Ireland in Paris. Surprisingly, he didn't see Henry's handball...

Looks like insurance disc fell off too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In this van there where two people sitting and munching on sandwiches while I arrived, went inside and got coffee and a sandwich and when I left.
    Blocking the pumps for about 10 mins. Engine running of course.
    Nom nom nom...

60560_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Looks like the place in Galway. There is/was a big chunk missing from the overhang of the shop entrance before. Why?

Because I hit it with a truck. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

biko wrote: »
    Nom nom nom...

It clearly states "No Through Traffic" on the sign.

Sheesh, like :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

cantdecide wrote: »
    It clearly states "No Through Traffic" on the sign.
    It does now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1desUr1tEM

example of bad overtaking if anyone interested in looking at it ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Hardly parking related though.

@everyone - Let's keep it on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Check out this ignorant tool - lunchtime, Airside Retail Park on a Saturday before Xmas; and the owner of this souped up piece of crap decides to BLATANTLY take up 4 spots.

All I can say is....wow.... :eek:

I saw that car in another position in airside, also taking up the same amount of spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sticky Fingers

Words just fail me.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Couldn't get a picture as I was driving, but there's three parking spaces facing a shop (Awkward spot anyway), one of which is a disabled space.
    There was a car parked (not even in any of them) but lengthways across the ends of all of them so that no one would be able to get into any of the spaces. There wasn't even anyone in the drivers seat should someone need to get into a space and they could just move their car, nope, they left it there.
    Why they couldn't use one of the spaces I've no idea, all three were empty (though one was a disabled space, but still leaves two!!)

Idiotic people.

Two more examples this morning:

5260741792_4bf812559b.jpg

Ashbourne
    and

5260742838_7e919e2463.jpg

Ballymun (Homebase).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Words just fail me.....

Need to wipe your battery/lens cover, Sticky fingers. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Double-Whammy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Worst ever?
    4b877_thumb.jpg
    Turned out someone hadn't applied handbrake and so the car had rolled out of the disabled spot it was it.
    Wonder what disability owner had?
    Anyway just after this pic a parking attendant guy came and pushed it back into the space and put a brick behind the tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redcube

Words just fail me.....
    That is a jumbo transit if parked in the space correctly the back end would have stuck out you'd need 1 and a half space to park it My LWB transit is the same way won't fit into a parking space have to park in two spaces only about a foot or so of my van stick into the other space

Just look to the right of the photo, there are hundreds of feet to park, even if he has a super extra length Transit, I think he might just about fit there ! but he was too busy enjoying his lunch to notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just look to the right of the photo, there are hundreds of feet to park, even if he has a super extra length Transit, I think he might just about fit there ! but he was too busy enjoying his lunch to notice.
    That is a road with a solid white line.

Now, remind me of some that one shouldn't do on a road with a solid white line?

What ? That solid white line is a marker for parking. This road runs along the seafront in Greystones. The road is very wide and is one way too

• Registered Users Posts: 45,785 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What ? That solid white line is a marker for parking. This road runs along the seafront in Greystones. The road is very wide and is one way too

I don't think it is unreasonable to think that the poster might not have known where the pic was taken. They were not to know that the road in question is a very wide one way street and that the solid white line is marking the left side of the road and not the centre. Is that line not also an indication of the cycle lane, nearly sure that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Words just fail me.....

In fairness, though not as an excuse, there are virtually no parking spaces for those who drive outsize vehicles, and commercials.

Truck drivers, in particular, have very few places where they can park up and go buy lunch.

If there was a lot of free spaces that's how I'd park a long van. Or if I was towing a trailer.

If the van was parked the other way the back end would stick out into the traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Truck drivers, in particular, have very few places where they can park up and go buy lunch.

Seriously?

Like everyone here, I'm sure, I've witnessed some appauling and outright dangerous parking associated with truck drivers and their luncheon arrangements. In short, **** Johnny and **** his poxy sausage roll- let him sort his affairs without risking lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

?ui=2&ik=4f4780b33e&view=att&th=12cea4adfe43ae3d&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

First time posting here, tesco, coonagh limerick, fag in a jag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

I have three here.

One B*t*h parked on Zebra marking outside the Crescent shopping centre (Railway end). Dooradoyle, blocking people with shopping trolleys and refused to move and sat there for 10 mins.

Another Park, In front of Xtravision door when there was a whole line of car space available. not 5 feet away.

The Last Though their car was a Bus, Parked in a bus Stop From O'Connell Avenue. (near Quin St.) I went to the Rugby Match and was there when I got Back, It was still there. I Took the Photo when I got back. It seem it a regular Thing that people park here, Just look at both street view and Google maps Satellite .

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=O'Connell+Avenue,+Limerick,+Ireland&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=29.910058,66.884766&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=O'Connell+Ave,+Limerick,+County+Limerick,+Ireland&ll=52.655917,-8.634111&spn=0,0.002041&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=52.656038,-8.634168&panoid=pkBs1IzFfyGcZJFBuIarow&cbp=12,233.16,,0,7.72

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

padma wrote: »
    ?ui=2&ik=4f4780b33e&view=att&th=12cea4adfe43ae3d&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

First time posting here, tesco, coonagh limerick, fag in a jag
    please post your gmail login details so that we can see the pic.

(actually don't! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

kbannon wrote: »
    please post your gmail login details so that we can see the pic.

(actually don't! :D)

Sugar. Don't know what happened there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

cantdecide wrote: »
    Seriously?

Like everyone here, I'm sure, I've witnessed some appauling and outright dangerous parking associated with truck drivers and their luncheon arrangements. In short, **** Johnny and **** his poxy sausage roll- let him sort his affairs without risking lives.

So people should have to starve to keep a camera/keyboard warrior happy...:rolleyes:.

Some pics in this thread are totally OTT. While there is some good ones(the ones that are well thanked;)) there is more cars parked in empty car parks that arent parked obnoxiously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement