Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Wait till I get going... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Wait till I get going... :P

Youll just take a endless amount of pictures of speed camera vans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

cantdecide wrote: »
    Seriously?

Like everyone here, I'm sure, I've witnessed some appauling and outright dangerous parking associated with truck drivers and their luncheon arrangements. In short, **** Johnny and **** his poxy sausage roll- let him sort his affairs without risking lives.

WTF is that. Just because you bring you tossed salad in your handbag, does that mean that the drivers of commercial vehicles cant stop anywhere. There is no proper truck stops where we can stop to keep our tachographs correct. I hate your attitude. You havent a clue what your on about.:mad::mad::mad:

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Youll just take a endless amount of pictures of speed camera vans.

Only if they're obnoxiously parked. ;)

I do have some good pix of badly parked law enforcers, as it happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jaypers, resize the picture, it's really hard to see on a netbook screen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Stheno wrote: »
    Jaypers, resize the picture, it's really hard to see on a netbook screen :)

was that picture a bmw outside a b&q:confused:
    it changed to a jeep, or else im going mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

@stoneill - I've changed that to a link because it's a massive photo. Tinypic allows you to resize photos on upload by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭alanatoday

Berty wrote: »
    Looks like the place in Galway. There is/was a big chunk missing from the overhang of the shop entrance before. Why?

Because I hit it with a truck. :D

I used to work in that statoil station Berty. I arrived into work with chunks of the overhang on the ground! I was not happy arriving in at 7 in the morning to be faced with that :D

We've met so! We're you delivering or just getting your breakfast?!!

(sorry, I've no pics of obnoxious parking!)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

alanatoday wrote: »
    I used to work in that statoil station Berty. I arrived into work with chunks of the overhang on the ground! I was not happy arriving in at 7 in the morning to be faced with that :D

We've met so! We're you delivering or just getting your breakfast?!!

(sorry, I've no pics of obnoxious parking!)

I was delivering stuff to the deli. Normally a 6- 6:15am drop. The supervisor was wrecking my head in the passenger seat about where to park. I normally parked further across the forecourt blocking two disabled spaces(LOL at 6:15am) but he wanted me in front of the door so WHACK went the "overhang" thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

-Corkie- wrote: »
    So people should have to starve to keep a camera/keyboard warrior happy...:rolleyes:

I'm happy when I can drive safely. I'd wager most people are.
    freighter wrote: »
    ...There is no proper truck stops where we can stop to keep our tachographs correct. You havent a clue what your on about.:mad::mad::mad:

Would you like me to play my tiny violoin for you? Defending the indefensible there, boyos. I worked in stores/ warehousing for years so I actually do know what I'm talking about.

Are you actually suggesting that if you're hungry and you haven't the foresight to plan your lunch, the whole country has to go **** itself while you abandon your mobile blind spot so you can have your precious heart attack sandwich?

This is irony. A thread dedicated to obnoxious parking where commercial drivers defend regularly parking badly "because I want a sambo" :rolleyes: I never asked you to become a truck driver.
    freighter wrote: »
    WTF is that. Just because you bring you tossed salad in your handbag...

Do I have to think of everything? Why don't you get your boyfriend to make you a salad to toss in your handbag so you don't have to create dangerous obstructions whenever you stop for elevenses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Check out this ignorant tool - lunchtime, Airside Retail Park on a Saturday before Xmas; and the owner of this souped up piece of crap decides to BLATANTLY take up 4 spots.

All I can say is....wow.... :eek:

Jesus what a fecker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

tommy21 wrote: »
    Jesus what a fecker.

That's one of those situations where you'd love to park perpendicularly to him in front of and behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

This is the public parking area across the road from the Regional hospital in Limerick. You can see from this photo that my little Focus just fit through to get to the exit but there are no less than 6 badly or illegally parked cars.

The Jeep itself is the worst, actually being parked in the mud.

IMG_0230.jpg

This car is parked across the road on the footpath which is the pedestrian crossing. Baffling.

IMG_0231.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

This is the public parking area across the road from the Regional hospital in Limerick. You can see from this photo that my little Focus just fit through to get to the exit but there are no less than 6 badly or illegally parked cars.

That's pretty bad alright. It's probaly the most off-road action that Landcruiser will ever see though :).

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/IMG_0230.jpg

I always thought that was a parking place for hospital/ambulance staff, is that public parking there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Thats horrendous parking, jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Tallon wrote: »
    Jesus what a fecker.

Poor Jesus, Can't park and people call him a fecker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

phill106 wrote: »

You ever tried parking in sandles?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Sweet mother of divine...

How do you confuse a Norwegian motorist? A few inches of snow will do the trick. :eek:

bygarasjen_jpg_678533b.jpg

Taken today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

@freighter and cantdecide; grow up and leave it alone please.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Double parking and triple parking. Notice the lack of white lines around the toyota and opel. Car park was only 3/4 full as well.

Untitled.jpg

Also seen a moped parked in a disabled bay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

irish-stew wrote: »
    Double parking and triple parking. Notice the lack of white lines around the toyota and opel. Car park was only 3/4 full as well.
    Also seen a moped parked in a disabled bay.

Is that LIDL in Ennis? People pull crazy sh*t there and usually "add" 2-3 spaces at the end because they are too important to walk 20 meters.
    Really pisses me off and no one ever says anything to them.
    ALDI on the other hand once clamped every car that had parked there so the owners could fcuk off and go to the match up the road. Made my week.
    As a result people in ALDI park with a certain modicum of decency, while LIDL is a complete battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Is that LIDL in Ennis? People pull crazy sh*t there and usually "add" 2-3 spaces at the end because they are too important to walk 20 meters.
    Really pisses me off and no one ever says anything to them.
    ALDI on the other hand once clamped every car that had parked there so the owners could fcuk off and go to the match up the road. Made my week.
    As a result people in ALDI park with a certain modicum of decency, while LIDL is a complete battlefield.

Not Ennis. Nearly every carpark I've been in is the same. Multi stories are a good one, you know there's spaces because the barrier wont come up other wise, yet you still add a space to the end because (i) you wont look for the space, or (ii) some other numpty has taken up two spaces.

Red Van Man drove for a short distance along the wrong side of the road, stopped, reversed carefully in order to park against the flow of traffic, on double yellow lines, impeding the bus stop and obstructing an already awkward laneway junction. Then he walked nonchalantly away.

Red_Van_Man.jpg?t=1292630663

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No pic, but was in JC's in Swords today, and the library end of the car park is one way.

Some smart van driver parked his van blocking the one way system, due to a gate being shut. Good ten minutes he was there, van blocking all access, car park full, cars queueing up trying to use the one way system.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Jesus what a fecker.
    Tallon wrote: »
    phill106 wrote: »

These looney god-botherers* parked their white van squarely across the footpath in icy conditions.

Verily I tell you it was this very day of days around lunchtime.

White_Van_Man.jpg?1292630780

*No offence to true believers, but these gents were genuinely nutty. One was jumping up and down, whooping and shouting about how Jesus was in charge of everything.

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    These looney god-botherers* parked their white van squarely across the footpath in icy conditions.

Verily I tell you it was this very day of days around lunchtime.

*No offence to true believers, but these gents were genuinely nutty. One was jumping up and down, whooping and shouting about how Jesus was in charge of everything.
    Given the time of year, is that the baby Jesus's buggy in the pic? :)

No, but I may as well have been a little donkey for all the Jesus Freaks cared! :)

• Advertisement

I spotted this beauty in a municipal car park.

The car is owned by a Garda officer and is inappropriately occupying a Blue Badge (disabled) parking bay.

The driver had stuck up some sort of Garda 'permit' with a Harcourt Square address on it. The reg number hand-written on the 'permit' did not even match the reg on the car.

The sole purpose of the 'permit' was to identify the car as a Garda-owned vehicle so that the Wardens/Clampers would leave it alone.

Garda_owned_car_in_Blue_badge_space.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement