Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Garda squad car impedes access to disabled parking bay.

This Blue Badge space is just outside a bank, from where, coincidentally, his colleague emerges about ten minutes later...

Garda_squad_car_Blue_Badge.jpg?1292632436

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Why have you gone to the trouble of editing out the registration plates? :confused:

Top Dog wrote: »
    Why have you gone to the trouble of editing out the registration plates? :confused:

Fair question.

The ones with blacked-out reg plates are old edited pix that I had used in a situation where I thought it was best to be extra-discreet.

I'd have to find the unedited originals in order to be able to post them here. Can't lay my hands on them just at the minute, but if anyone really insists I'll do so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Iwannahurl just post up the two classics above without the plates blanked out, read the charter, it is allowed as both vehicles are illegally parked.

You posted while I was typing, can you remember the date the offences took place?

Yes, I'm aware it's permitted.

I'll have to find the originals though, if you really really want to see the registrations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Fair question.

The ones with blacked-out reg plates are old edited pix that I had used in a situation where I thought it was best to be extra-discreet.

I'd have to find the unedited originals in order to be able to post them here. Can't lay my hands on them just at the minute, but if anyone really insists I'll do so! :)
    Ah I'm not insisting at all :)

Just thought it strange to go to the trouble of protecting the offenders, but now understand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

No just want them forwarded to Garda HQ for comment

Here you go.

Slight crop is only change.

Gda_BB_orig_crop.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

That asshole in the Honda deserves come comeuppance.
    Can't make out a tax disc in that windscreen either.

Will I be able to access Boards from the slammer? :eek:

• Advertisement

And the other one:

Gda_BB2.jpg

Lads, if I'm going down I'm taking you all with me...:cool:

Old pix, approx 18 months ago (hope that's not against the Charter).

Not worth pursuing. Educational use only!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Ah come on, they’re not all bad; some carry out their duty assiduously or at least to my great satisfaction.
    F411EFCCAF024B6DAC29F92006C79088-0000316522-0002080726-01024L-E8E6C980AA7D4D519D40564C763FE366.jpg

94170D75CAD64BFBB934621A75517775-0000316522-0002080725-01024L-7F59C87A3DD84C7DB6E06674422B7357.jpg

4B19809ED116484485AC301347068292-0000316522-0002080724-00800L-55FDACB37EEA461790FC5E869F805AC7.jpg

40C39EACD7A24ECE8512C8BCC9C17BAC-0000316522-0002080723-00800L-8DD93CEC7E744D609F818C1CF960B1DC.jpg

788CB42DBB57440D86CE882E7309402F-0000316522-0002080722-00800L-B97EB89A0BE041F88B277DF60AE02A76.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82,563 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I spotted this beauty in a municipal car park.

The car is owned by a Garda officer and is inappropriately occupying a Blue Badge (disabled) parking bay.

The driver had stuck up some sort of Garda 'permit' with a Harcourt Square address on it. The reg number hand-written on the 'permit' did not even match the reg on the car.

The sole purpose of the 'permit' was to identify the car as a Garda-owned vehicle so that the Wardens/Clampers would leave it alone.

He's not playing by their usual game for their private cars of removing the insurance disc and getting the Tax Exempt tax disc for parking purposes, perhaps he is still waiting on the disc to be made up for his car and that's the reason.

The Irish Wheelchair Association or Joe Duffy should be sent a copy of the pics, would keep Joe going for most of Monday next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

He's not playing by their usual game for their private cars of removing the insurance disc and getting the Tax Exempt tax disc for parking purposes, perhaps he is still waiting on the disc to be made up for his car and that's the reason.

OK, I think we're getting a bit too hung up on this car and I'm not happy that further insinuations are made along the lines of the above.

Let's get back to posting pics of obnoxious parkers. If anyone wants to send photos from this thread to someone, that's their prerogative.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Stheno wrote: »
    No pic, but was in JC's in Swords today, and the library end of the car park is one way.

Some smart van driver parked his van blocking the one way system, due to a gate being shut. Good ten minutes he was there, van blocking all access, car park full, cars queueing up trying to use the one way system.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

And what drives me CRAZY is the fact that the guy obstructing everyone will not have the SLIGHTEST idea he's doing anything wrong.
    And that all the people he's holding up will simply sit there, absolutely NO idea that there is anything wrong with being held up.
    That to me is the reason sh*t like this happens, people being about as aware of their surroundings as a lampost.
    The fact that people like you or me ARE aware of what's happening and it drives us crazy is no accident, because if no one suffered from the insanity the joke would be wasted.
    Someone up there is rolling on the floor and holding his belly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

biko wrote: »
    In this van there where two people sitting and munching on sandwiches while I arrived, went inside and got coffee and a sandwich and when I left.
    Blocking the pumps for about 10 mins. Engine running of course.
    Nom nom nom...

60560_thumb.jpg

My pet hate..I make sure that I completely block them in when getting petrol and try to work out how slowly I can put €60 of petrol into my car (I only ever fill it near empty :) )
    Current record is about 5 and half minutes while the díckhead in the other car sits there fuming because some other nice person blocked him at the other side :D
    Always in Kildimo petrol station...

I'm confident that this car belonged to a Garda officer on official business, though I can't provide direct proof here. Normally in such cases I take a photo of the front of the car, adding a close-up of anything that would provide extra confirmatory detail (eg a Garda diary). In this case I got a photo of such a diary, but the main photo is from the rear, so I can't make the link explicit here.

In any case, the car was parked in such a way as to obstruct the fire exit of a primary school while the children were inside. Since I find this kind of behaviour disturbing as well as infuriating, I called the Traffic section of the local authority on this occasion. A Traffic Warden came by about half an hour later, and walked up along this line of cars, checking the window of each one. He then walked away again without taking any action. It was perfectly obvious to me why he did nothing -- each car had a sign visible under the windscreen (eg a Garda diary) which was to indicate immunity from parking regulations.

Gda_owned_car_blocks_fire_exit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Will I be able to access Boards from the slammer? :eek:

course you can...the PS3 has a built in web browser doesn't it? ;)

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    course you can...the PS3 has a built in web browser doesn't it? ;)

Is that the kind of thumb-twiddling I'll be doing in there? :)

• Advertisement

Gda_owned_BMW_obstructs_footpath.jpg

Gda_Diary_detail.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Is that the kind of thumb-twiddling I'll be doing in there? :)

you'll do well if thats all the kind of thumb-twiddling you'll be doing in there? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MrHankey

I'm confident that this car belonged to a Garda officer on official business, though I can't provide direct proof here.

Official Garda cars are all registered in Dublin ##-D-#### so this is a private car, (maybe belonging to a member):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Is Iwannahurl on some sort of Anti-Garda crusade?

MrHankey wrote: »
    Official Garda cars are all registered in Dublin ##-D-#### so this is a private car, (maybe belonging to a member)

Apologies for any confusion. I meant to indicate that the driver was on official business, but the vehicle is clearly his/her private car.

Is Iwannahurl on some sort of Anti-Garda crusade?

No. Just responding to a point made earlier in this thread about official vehicles. There are some other photos of a similar nature elsewhere.

My latest uploads are a just few choice examples illustrating how some of our law enforcers are every bit as likely as the average punter to display obnoxious parking behaviours.

Garda officers driving official and private vehicles ought to be showing good example. Otherwise we'll just continue to see cynicism, apathy, selfishness and non-compliance on our roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

I count five illegally parked cars in the immediate vicinity of that Garda station (360 deg scan of the above). At least the disabled parking bay is free...

ya i forgot to mention to look at the car across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

No picture but, I came across(almost crashed into) an intelligent girl today parked on a bend, on a downhill slope in an icy housing estate having a chat with one of her friends. A car pulled out from a side road so I had to stop, that was when I almost hit her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Its arubbish picture, but they always park here and cause a nusiance. Ill get a better pic when theyre back :)

Image0237.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement