Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redcube

Berty wrote: »
    Centra Newport

There is a no reason for that Focus to be abandoned like that.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/IMG_0237.jpg
    I used to live in Newport and I used to find it a right pain gething in and out of Centra to get diesel in the van so i gave up and went to the other petrol station found it alot easier to get diesal at times any way parking in newport is odd it seems to be a place where every one just abandoned there car and walks away

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    I thought the photographer was quite brazen. Lots of close-ups of the Mercs, which I thought mightn't have gone down so well.
    Ah come on now - taking photos in public is quite legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Anan1 wrote: »
    Ah come on now - taking photos in public is quite legal.
    It was private property

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69728007&postcount=2455

Tallon wrote: »
    It's still a public place, and it's still fine to take photos. The reason i'm making the pointof it is that a lot of people seem to have the idea that it's somehow not ok to take photos of Gardaí, which feeds into a culture of impunity on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Overly zealous towie on the M50 on Christmas Eve

24-Dec-2010M501.jpg

Protecting this burnt out Insignia
    24-Dec-2010M503.jpg

Still... the towie could have parked less dangerously.

BTW, not totally relevant here, but saw lots of abandoned cars on the M1 that day too, slowly thawing out. None of them looked damaged apart from three or four SUVs here and there - probably over-confident in their ability to speed past normal cars. Example:

M1Pajero.jpg

• Advertisement

It's still a public place

Em, no it's not

I agree with the Gardaí issue though, also, there's no need for people to be blurring out reg's

Em, no it's not

I agree with the Gardaí issue though, also, there's no need for people to be blurring out reg's
    Ah, but it is - a public place in law is basically any place to which the public have access. This includes lots of private property - hotels, shopping centres, car parks etc.:)

Hmm, your right. Apparently, the law is only effective if there are signs for no photography.

Hmm, your right. Apparently, the law is only effective if there are signs for no photography.
    Spread the good word.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Sorry mods but what camera is that Franksm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

The dash-cam is from www.Roadhawk.co.uk - there's a thread in Motors somewhere just for dashcam talk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

It's still a public place, and it's still fine to take photos. The reason i'm making the pointof it is that a lot of people seem to have the idea that it's somehow not ok to take photos of Gardaí, which feeds into a culture of impunity on their part.

It is indeed legal to take photos in a public place.

If you check elsewhere in this thread you'll see that I have taken a few pix of Gardee and/or their vehicles/behaviour myself. For this subversive behaviour I have been warned to 'watch myself', threatened with arrest, instructed to leave an area under the Public Order Act, cautioned and had my name taken, and generally on the receiving end of insolence and apathy. All for taking photos of illegal, anti-disabled, anti-pedestrian and anti-social parking!!!

However, I did think the Hodson Bay guy went a bit further in the circumstances than I would have, e.g. taking photos of the Taoiseach from close up as well as details of state cars while the Garda driver was present. I'm a little more reticent and discreet -- these days anyway! ;)

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    It is indeed legal to take photos in a public place.

If you check elsewhere in this thread you'll see that I have taken a few pix of Gardee and/or their vehicles/behaviour myself. For this subversive behaviour I have been warned to 'watch myself', threatened with arrest, instructed to leave an area under the Public Order Act, cautioned and had my name taken, and generally on the receiving end of insolence and apathy. All for taking photos of illegal, anti-disabled, anti-pedestrian and anti-social parking!!!

However, I did think the Hodson Bay guy went a bit further in the circumstances than I would have, e.g. taking photos of the Taoiseach from close up as well as details of state cars while the Garda driver was present. I'm a little more reticent and discreet -- these days anyway! ;)
    You shouldn't be so easily intimidated. Taking photos of our taoiseach and Gardaí in a public place is quite legal, there's nothing to be afraid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i passed a big burnt piece of ground on the m50 on christmas eve it must have been that insignia, it looked like there were remnants of christmas presents scattered around aswell!

apologies for going off topic, but would anyone know how a new car like that would just go up in smoke:confused:

Fire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Fire

not what i meant:D

but brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

bladebrew wrote: »
    i passed a big burnt piece of ground on the m50 on christmas eve it must have been that insignia, it looked like there were remnants of christmas presents scattered around aswell!

apologies for going off topic, but would anyone know how a new car like that would just go up in smoke:confused:

Petrol and matches would probably do the job.

Joyride? Maybe? Or abandoned due to snow, and some git decided to have a bit of a fire with the pressies in the back, to be a complete ****?

Then again, it isn't completely unknown for newer cars to have a bit of a fire now and again. Electrickery problems. Haven't heard about Insignias just combusting though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

And once again, making deliveries is NO excuse for just abandoning it any old where:

reindeer-santas-sleigh-1.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Its not the worst parking you will see but it deserves its place here for more than just the bad parking :D:D:D

ng6x8.jpg

Been trying to catch this one for a while!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

^^^ Maybe someone can explain that one to me? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

^^^ Maybe someone can explain that one to me? :confused:

The owner of that Jap Scrap in the picture is a known asshole. He frequents boards quite a bit as well, is much hated by most people. He likes putting his ballsack on peoples faces when they are asleep and taking pictures of them. He likes Sex in the City(the movie) and is a true......................dickwad. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

The owner of that Jap Scrap in the picture is a known asshole. He frequents boards quite a bit as well, is much hated by most people. He likes putting his ballsack on peoples faces when they are asleep and taking pictures of them. He likes Sex in the City(the movie) and is a true......................dickwad. :D

And judging by the location - the owner of said Jap Scrap may been frequenting a testing clinic.
    .....the plot thickens :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

You cheeky bastard! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Dazzy wrote: »
    Its not the worst parking you will see but it deserves its place here for more than just the bad parking :D:D:D

Been trying to catch this one for a while!

What are we looking at?

EDIT: Never mind, explained above.

For the record, that wasn't my sack

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Found this beaut on Donedeal.. :DFull?id=4824817

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Quality parking at B&Q Tallaght yesterday. Wayda earn those 'L' plates!!!!

qualityparking.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Patrick85

Check out this ignorant tool - lunchtime, Airside Retail Park on a Saturday before Xmas; and the owner of this souped up piece of crap decides to BLATANTLY take up 4 spots.

All I can say is....wow.... :eek:

ha really is a piece of trash i live down the road in holywell and that tool is always trying to get me to race him funny thing is one time i thought i'll hit my turbo and slow down straight away he gunned it and then no lights no annoying muffler just a quiet roll to a stop lesson? dont modify a car like that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Sure he posted better himself ;)

CIMG0031.jpg

• Advertisement

Awful parking from the truck, the poor guy in the Integra had to park arseways because of it. I must say though that is a really nice Integra

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement