Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Shane732 wrote: »
    Parked in a disabled spot.

I'd be more annoyed about the Clio who parked on a footpath / walkway. :mad:

Today was mad at the Crescent Shopping Centre. There were 3 men, you know the type that let the wife go in shopping whilst they read the paper, all parked in disabled spaces with no disabled badges, engine running. That's ok isn't it? :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That Clio has a nice camera dodger numberplate :P

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

here is a few, but these people got punished for being obnoxious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

why blank out the reg plates? In a public place there is no entitlement to expect your details censored. Especially with parking like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Judging by your clothing and van placement in the last pic...I'm gonna hazard a guess and say you're the clamper? :D

If so...don't be blocking reg's, and fair play for catching these shite parkers :D

• Advertisement

i will be blocking regs as i do not want to lose my job, no matter how bad it is i need it

if that is a problem i wont post anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

i will be blocking regs as i do not want to lose my job, no matter how bad it is i need it

It's not a problem at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Judging by your clothing and van placement in the last pic...I'm gonna hazard a guess and say you're the clamper? :D

If so...don't be blocking reg's, and fair play for catching these shite parkers :D

No revealing detail goes unnoticed around here!

IMO, clamping abusers of Blue Badge spaces is a bit counterproductive if there is a long delay before the release fee is paid. In one of the cases above the car is obstructing two disabled bays. If the offending driver didn't return for some time, or tried to delay the inevitable, disabled drivers wishing to use the spaces would be inconvenienced.

The local authority in my area once clamped a car in a well-used Blue Badge space and left it there for three days. I had to argue with them over the phone to get them to tow the car eventually, as I knew disabled drivers had been looking for the space repeatedly.

Are there any guidelines regarding how long a clamped car is allowed to remain in a Blue Badge space before it's towed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I was delighted to see the snot in the Range Rover clamped and him in the disabled spot..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,398 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Are there any guidelines regarding how long a clamped car is allowed to remain in a Blue Badge space before it's towed?
    It would be a priority for towing. Probably only dangerous parking and bus lanes would have priority above such a towing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Just keep clamping... no need to post:D

I am very happy to see that you are clamping in that particular retail park as some of the parking up there is a p**s take. Make sure you do all the cars that park up in all the set down areas, on top of the zebra crossings, and all the other "obnoxious" places people park up there.

We were there today and TBH its as bad as ever so better get clamping some more!

Good work. Which do you prefer - Costa or BB's? Next one is on me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

That's the first time I've ever seen a clamper get publicly praised!

Keep posting generalmetal, you could be our new Marcinek55!! :D:D

Iwannahurl wrote: »

i can only tell you what my company policy is, that is to have it removed within an hour....but usually they are never waiting more than 20 mins, unless i am on a break

Good work. Which do you prefer - Costa or BB's? Next one is on me:D

well BB`s wont serve me so i guess it will have to be costas....lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Carry on clamping my good man! Nothing makes my blood boil than to see parking like this. If you have no blue badge, there's NO excuse!:mad:

It's so nice to see that action is at last being taken for people taking up disabled spaces.

People like this are nothing more than lazy, selfish, ignorant p****s. And that's the most polite thing I can say about them.

well BB`s wont serve me so i guess it will have to be costas....lol

You must have clamped them, or their customers, in the drop off area..:p Nice one

-Chris- wrote: »
    That's the first time I've ever seen a clamper get publicly praised!

Keep posting generalmetal, you could be our new Marcinek55!! :D:D

If I got clamped in town etc then I would accept it as a fair cop (would not be happy though:rolleyes:.. but in that retail park^^its a real joke. Lots of people think the rules don't apply to them.

if you like the last 2, i reckon you will this one..

a certain famous person, who shall remain nameless..but shocking isnt the word

• Advertisement

You must have clamped them, or their customers, in the drop off area..:p Nice one

no it was actually before i started to clamp, had to give out warnings for few days and they knew i was the clamper and they told me "the coffee was nicer in costas" happens alot....water off a ducks back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

Keep up the good work, I hate those lazy c*&t's that park in disabled or mother and child spaces.

You would have a field day at tesco's in Ballybrack, only disabilities that some of them are a pig ignorant attitude and fecking huge fat arses....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

6F5C09A1536D474FB72E6CA1B772196E-0000316522-0002116887-00800L-AEDE9610CC864B52B0F6EEC7F52FEAE6.jpg

C953193BC63F4DD4B8FD0ACFEC5B0179-0000316522-0002116886-00800L-5C2FCED4E61C4295B201C43906401199.jpg

4861410ACDE64DAAAFAF10E9C1219A5E-0000316522-0002116885-00800L-C36412047A974831BC48DFD7C4B77BC9.jpg

Traffic and parking law? Pshaw!

These are the rules here:

1. The primary purpose of a footpath is to serve as extra road space when motorists want it.

2. The primary purpose of features such as dished kerbs and tactile paving is to facilitate bump-free parking of vehicles.

3. Double flashing amber lights cancel out double yellow lines.

06-D-19123.jpg?t=1294657230

More than a few cars obnoxiously parked here. The nearest one is clearly parked on the footpath, on double yellow lines, obstructing a bus stop, and against the flow of traffic on a very busy street.

Pedestrians and bus users = third rate losers.

00-D-67119.jpg?t=1294658071

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Was that a 10/11 reg?

This public hospital spent a large amount of taxpayers money to reorganise and upgrade pedestrian and vehicular access and mobility within its grounds.

Yippee! More handy parking spots!

07-D-64166.jpg?t=1294658513

06-D-32056.jpg?t=1294659244

pedestrians-are-losers.jpg?t=1294659340

pedestrians-are-low-life.jpg?t=1294659902

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ned 81

wow what a ignorant f**ck*r..... parking a car their..

Maybe they did their driving test here?

Fail.jpg?t=1294660842

• Advertisement

Who is walking out onto the road in order to pass by this obnoxiously parked car?

Is it:

(a) Jimmy McNulty & Kima Greggs
    (b) Leon Taylor & Kirsty Knight
    (c) Nick Angel & Danny Butterman
    (d) Other -- suggestions please.

Mystery-pedestrians.jpg?t=1294663794

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement