Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

wheres the fun in that? Permanent marker sounds more suitable....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

corktina wrote: »
    wheres the fun in that? Permanent marker sounds more suitable....

I hate dopey parkers as much as the next guys but doing permanent damage is a bit much no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

KamiKazi wrote: »
    I hate dopey parkers as much as the next guys but doing permanent damage is a bit much no?

It wont last very long on glass anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

KamiKazi wrote: »

another funny im afraid....:rolleyes: wasnt serious....would never damage anyone or anything... (i pay Max to do it for me...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Do people not think sometimes obnoxious parking is called for?

for example in the past week ive had a woman slam her car door of mine getting out of her car while i was sitting in it.

2. I parked correctly but found a spot with 2 free sapces either side as i was returning to my car theres a man taking his child out of the car with his door bouncing of mine, oh and did i mention there was loads of free spaces around.

3. Same again parked my car found a nice spot 2 free spaces either side returned to the car some fool in a transit had parked so close to my drivers side i had to get in the passenger side and climb over to get into the drivers seat. Once again loads of free spaces around.

Thats all in the space of seven days, when you have people like them sometimes I think i might have to start parking obnoxiously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I remember finding a site (american) that sold really hard to get off stickers, like the ones that get stuck to the drivers window if you got clamped... they fragment and are _really_ sticky and leave a load of gunge stuck on afterwards...

there were various messages which basically said "I park like an a$$hole"

That might discourage them from parking badly in future :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

These two charmers (reg 05D49692 and 06D1755) seemed to have some difficulty seeing the (quite visible) disabled parking signs in Farmleigh today. No blue badges on these or most other cars in the disabled parking bays. Perhaps their disability was blindness?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Damien360

These two charmers (reg 05D49692 and 06D1755) seemed to have some difficulty seeing the (quite visible) disabled parking signs in Farmleigh today. No blue badges on these or most other cars in the disabled parking bays. Perhaps their disability was blindness?

Looking at that, I would have thought that the disabled spaces were either side of those cars and they were parked correctly.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I would agree - the actual spaces do not appear to be reserved for disabled drivers.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Looking at that, I would have thought that the disabled spaces were either side of those cars and they were parked correctly.

You had to be there - there was a whole row of disabled spaces, with these spaces in the middle of the row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

In Ballincollig there is an Multistorey car park in the shopping centre with 6 Disabled spaces to the right of each floor entrance. Right in the middle of it is a parent and child space but nobody uses it because they all assume the whole row is disabled.

IMO no sign no rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some young one outside Tesco Headford Rd happily texting away in the drivers seat oblivious to the world...
    13aa8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i propose a 2 stage process to eradicate this sort of behavior.

Stage 1: install a computer system with camera's that measure how people park and automatically takes pictures of anyone who parks like a prat and then flashes them up on big screens in the shopping centre/supermarket to shame them. possibly with further camera's inside to track them and overcharge them any time they go to buy anything.

Stage 2: employ a cleanup crew with a car lifting truck to pick up the offending motors and move them to the "sin bin" car park at the far side of the car park as far away as it could possibly get from the entrance/exit to maximise the walking distance required to get back to your car, with a note at your old space informing you that you parked like a prat and directions of where to collect your motor.

Stage 3 would be for repeat offenders and would involve cattle prods, but we can iron those details out later. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

"she said that she would help you lift the chair on to the path" what a lazy fúck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Wimmin......:rolleyes:

You can see the state of the car....the other side was as bad...and the two yokes in it were just as rough....;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Two cars from Friday, not the worst parking in the world but in fairness the SUV could have atleast parked so he'd take up perhaps 2 spaces instead of almost FOUR!

B&Q Carpark
    car1.jpg

Just in the middle of Waterford
    car2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,542 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Sids Not wrote: »

You can see the state of the car....the other side was as bad...and the two yokes in it were just as rough....;)

Where was that taken??
    Car looks familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

Seen this not long ago. Takes up 2 places!!

111290.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

vectra wrote: »
    Where was that taken??
    Car looks familiar

I'd say south of Wicklow town on the coast road, from the looks of it.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Sids Not wrote: »

ha ha yeah judgin by the parking and the state of the car she might want to avaoid taking the car out at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

This beauty decides nobody else will park in the yellow box but me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

ocokev wrote: »
    This beauty decides nobody else will park in the yellow box but me.
    I saw a guy park in the exact same position on Sunday morning last, with plenty of available spaces around, Bishopstown right?

cadaliac wrote: »
    I saw a guy park in the exact same position on Sunday morning last, with plenty of available spaces around, Bishopstown right?

Yes, would have parked beside the cycle machine in the gym if given the chance.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Without seeing beyond the pic it seems like a strange place to put the yellow box

kbannon wrote: »
    Without seeing beyond the pic it seems like a strange place to put the yellow box

It might be strange but they didn't put it there for the fun of it.
    Someone was saying it was for emergency vehicles to park also it is impossible to manover a vehicle if you are swinging around by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

just lazy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Little Miss!

parking in yellow box beside disabled spot, like a disabled driver could park beside this "nice" family's car

parking in yellow box beside disabled spot, like a disabled driver could park beside this "nice" family's car

This stuff breaks my heart. The yellow box is not there for decoration. It is there to leave room for the doors to open wide to allow a wheelchair to be lifted in/out. And of course, there are several other spaces available a few feet away, but they prefer to block the disabled driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Little Miss!

yeh me too and here's yet another "nice" man squeezing his audi into the remainer of the disabled spot and no before yeh ask he doesn't display disabled sticker and gets out and runs into his apartment in his tracksuit bottoms!! disabled i think not, or maybe he'd like to be :D

• Advertisement

You need clampers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement